PA - Harley Livingston, 15 mos, dies of extreme neglect, Johnstown, 12 Dec 2004

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) — The mother and grandmother of a toddler who died in December face criminal charges for allegedly neglecting his severe diaper rash, leading to a fatal infection.

Amy Livingston, 27, of Johnstown, was charged Tuesday with involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment in the Dec. 12 death of her 15-month-old son, Harley. She was charged with a second count of child endangerment because another son, 3-year-old Hunter, also had severe diaper rash, authorities said.

Her mother, Evelyn Ann Mrsnik, 60, was charged with child endangerment, because she was a supervisor at a day care center Harley attended. Mrsnik had an obligation under state law to report the alleged neglect, District Attorney David Tulowitzki said.

The younger boy developed sepsis, a life-threatening infection, because the rash was so bad, Cambria County Coroner Dennis Kwiatkowski said..............
http://courttv.com/news/2005/0309/diaper_ap.html

I am BEYOND disgusted and horrified!!

That child would have been in such pain, every time he went to the bathroom! And the mother and the GM both let this go on. Thank God they got the second child before it was too late!

Can you imagine how painful that would have been :(

How can people lack such empathy for others and ignore their pain, cause their pain?

I don't know Peanut. I read about these cases and all I can do is throw my hands up in disgust. I don't even know where to begin to voice my anger.

Those kids must have been in agonizing pain, everytime they moved. I can't imagine just ignoring that...they must have cried so...... :banghead:

The pain that poor baby must've went through...
oh man. :( :( :( :( :mad:

This just breaks my heart. God bless those poor babies. I wish I could get my hands on that "mother" and "grandmother" How could anyone let their child be in constant pain and not care? :sick:

What really affected me was the fact the father is deployed in Iraq!
Hes away and has to find out not only is his baby dead ,a death that couldve been easily prevented,but his WIFE and MIL are responsible!!!
His wife is at home,getting all his extra deployment money,has free medical care and allowed this happen!!!
You wonder what else the Mom was involved in!

My heart just aches for this baby!! And I pray for his father and brother!!

Did anyone catch this:

"Her mother, Evelyn Ann Mrsnik, 60, was charged with child endangerment, because she was a supervisor at a day care center Harley attended. Mrsnik had an obligation under state law to report the alleged neglect, District Attorney David Tulowitzki said "

I hope she is no longer allowed to work at any day care facilities. After reading of the concern she had for her own grandchildrens well being I would not even want to imagine the concern she gave children who were not her own.

:furious: :furious: :furious: This really P's me off! Those women are monsters. They deserve a punishment that matches what they did to those kids. Put a Depends on their nasty hineys and superglue the thing on. I'll buy the Depends and glue!

teonspaleprincess said:
This just breaks my heart. God bless those poor babies. I wish I could get my hands on that "mother" and "grandmother" How could anyone let their child be in constant pain and not care? :sick:

There are so many women out there just dying to have a child of their own, to pamper and care for...and then there are women like these!!!!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05097/484211.stm

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. -- Amy Livingston didn't react when doctors described a rash so bad her son's skin was falling off. She didn't flinch when they testified that had the rash been treated, the boy would not have died.

Amy Livingston, charged with manslaughter in the death of her 15-month-old son, is led to her hearing before District Judge Michael Musulin yesterday in Johnstown. The boy died Dec. 12 of sepsis, a result of severe diaper rash.
Click photo for larger image.

She did shed a few tears every time the prosecution presented photographs of her 15-month-old son taken just minutes after he died. In the digital photos, Harley Livingston's eyes are deeply sunken and discolored, and the diaper rash is clearly evident.

Livingston was also charged last week with statutory sexual assault and related charges involving her reported relationship with a 15-year-old boy. Before yesterday's preliminary hearing began, Livingston pleaded not guilty to those counts.

A woman pleaded guilty to causing the death of her 15-month-old son, whose severe diaper rash led to a fatal infection.

Amy Livingston, 27, pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the boy's death and to child endangerment for not treating the rash on another son

Livingston's mother is awaiting trial on a child endangerment charge alleging that as a day-care provider, she failed to report suspected neglect or abuse of the two boys.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2005/jun/29/062902979.html

And there are wonderful treatments for severe, even bloody diaper rash! We discovered Flanders Buttocks Ointment. The stuff is a miracle! Too bad this mother and grandmother were such idiots to do nothing about it- so preventable!!!:banghead:

The father is in Iraq in the Military so that means the family has insurance.
But I guess she was to busy molesting a teenager to bother..
BOTH of these boys had severe diaper rash?? DID she not change them?
ANd it said the grandmother supervised this "daycare center"
What about other employees??
I hope the entire center is SHUT DOWN. Noone else noticed ?? BS

The boy died Dec. 12 from sepsis, as a result of the rash. He was profoundly dehydrated, and when he was taken to the hospital just 40 minutes before he died, he had a heart rate of 350 -- more than three times the norm for a boy his age.

I guess we will never know why people do such rotten awful things to each other. Especially when it's their own flesh and blood!!!!

Sue

"His wife is at home,getting all his extra deployment money,has free medical care and allowed this happen!!!"

BINGO! You nailed that one.

The Johnstown woman who pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of her son stemming from severe diaper rash was sentenced today to 19 to 59 months in jail.

Amy Livingston had pleaded to three charges on June 28. In addition to the manslaughter charge in last year's death of her 15-month-old son, Harley, she admitted endangering the welfare of a child for another son with a severe diaper rash. She also pleaded to statutory sexual assault in a separate case for her relationship with a 14-year-old boy.

This morning, Livingston, 28, spoke briefly before Judge F. Joseph Leahey, telling him that had she known her son was so sick, she would have taken him for treatment sooner.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05242/562555.stm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back