1001 users online (163 members and 838 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Prosecution: Golyar confessed to killing in emails she sent while posing as another woman

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/pros...9ae4c6640.html

For three years, authorities couldn’t find any trace of Cari Farver after she disappeared in November 2012.

Then, gruesome details of her alleged slaying emerged in emails purportedly sent to Shanna Golyar from Amy Flora.

“... I attaked (sic) her with a knofe (sic) I stabbed her three to four times in chest and stomach area. I took her out and burned her. I stuffed her body in a (garbage) bag with crap,” an email said in December 2015.

“I drove Cari out to the woods she was still begging for her life cryung wantung (sic) me to let her go,” another stated in February 2016.

“After I killed Cari I contacted her mom Nancy pretendung (sic) to be Cari,” said another days later.
    The fifth day of trial on Tuesday mostly consisted of testimony from Flora, who has two children with David Kroupa.

Golyar had also accused Flora of shooting her at Big Lake Park in north Council Bluffs in December 2015. Flora told police she was at home in her pajamas with her young son when the shooting occurred.

“I was in shock, I didn’t expect to have police at my door with guns pointing at me,” she testified, adding that she doesn’t own any firearms.

Authorities determined that the allegations were unfounded, and prosecutors allege that Golyar shot herself with a gun she took from Kroupa’s closet.

Almost 100 exhibits introduced in effort to show that Golyar had belongings of missing woman

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/almo...9e2717cbe.html

Cari Farver had a black shower curtain with white flowers on it in the bathroom of her home in Macedonia, Iowa.

When authorities searched Shanna Golyar’s apartment in Persia, Iowa, years later, they found a shower curtain with the same print.

Farver and Golyar may have had the same taste in home furnishings, but prosecutors allege that Golyar took the shower curtain and other items from Farver’s home in her continuing attempt to cover up that she killed Farver.

Nearly 100 exhibits were introduced Wednesday on the sixth day of trial. Almost all the exhibits were photos of Golyar’s apartment and her boyfriend’s Council Bluffs house, where she also had stayed.

Golyar was found guilty of first degree murder and will spend life in prison.

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Gol...424069363.html

Judge finds Shanna Golyar guilty of first-degree murder in 2012 slaying of romantic rival

Douglas County District Judge Timothy Burns said Golyar spun a “twisted plot of lies, deceit and impersonations through digital messaging” to keep Farver alive online and distract authorities.

“Cari Farver did not voluntarily disappear and drop off the face of the earth,” Burns said just before delivering his verdict. “Very sadly, she was murdered.”

Golyar was so obsessed with the cover-up, she set fire to her own Omaha home — killing her two dogs, cat and snake — and blamed Farver, whom she had killed nine months earlier.
    Farver’s mother said the most difficult part was listening to the emails Golyar sent with vivid and disturbing details of the final moments of Farver’s life. The emails said that Farver was stabbed in the stomach and chest, that she begged to talk to her family, that she was burned, stuffed in garbage bags, rolled in a tarp and left in a dumpster. It’s unclear exactly what happened, but prosecutors regarded those emails as a confession.

“If any of them are true, any inkling of it ... that’s your worst fear, that something happened to your child,” Raney said. “This fear that something was wrong with her, and I couldn’t get to her.”

Raney wants to ask Golyar why she did it — Farver hadn’t been in a relationship with the man for very long, and it was casual.

“It would be nice if at least (Golyar would) say she’s sorry. That she deprived my grandson of his mother,” Raney said. “But I don’t know that there’s really anything she could say to me. Because Cari’s gone. Nothing will bring her back.”
    Golyar will officially be sentenced on August 15th.

Beyond satisfied that the judge returned with a guilty verdict. RIP Cari

Last edited by JusticeWillBeServed; 05-27-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Golyar sentenced to life in prison for murder, disappearance

Judge Timothy Burns sentences Shanna Golyar to life in prison plus 18-20 years for the 2012 murder and disappearance of Cari Farver.

Golyar stabbed Farver to death, but her body has never been found. She then assumed her identity by trying to apply for her job at West Corp., sent text messages to Farver's family pretending to be the missing woman, and harassed her boyfriend. Golyar previously dated the man Farver was seeing.
    http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/shan...d941e3bbe.html

After years of heartache, relatives of homicide victim Cari Farver now have many of the answers they sought, though big questions remain.

“We’d still like to know exactly what happened and where my daughter ended up so we could take care of her,” said Farver’s mother, Nancy Raney.

“She terrorized too many people,” Raney said. “She needs to be off the streets. She needs to have the sentence (life) that she gave everyone else. My grandson will never see his mother again.”

Woman who killed romantic rival in Douglas County to be featured on NBC's 'Dateline'

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/woma...d1cf00a74.html

Shanna Golyar, 42, is serving a life sentence for the murder of Cari Farver in November 2012.

NBC’s “Dateline” will kick off its 26th season Friday with its show about Golyar and the murder case.

Did anyone else watch the Dateline episode?

I hadn't heard of this case before, but clocked on early that it was Golyar doing all of this. What a twisted woman. I'm glad she's never going to see the light of day again.

I hope that Dave Kroupa's memory of Cari can now focus on the good times they had for two weeks, rather than the 'Crazy Cari' he thought she was.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3