1103 users online (249 members and 854 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Former Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky found dead at his home - Mar 23 2013

Well, it could be a heart attack, but my money is on assassination. It doesn't pay to be an enemy of Putin.

A police investigation has been launched into the death of the 67-year-old - a wanted man in Russia, and an opponent of President Vladimir Putin.

A former Kremlin power-broker whose fortunes declined under Mr Putin, Mr Berezovsky emigrated to the UK in 2000.

Thames Valley Police said the death, at a property in Ascot, Berkshire, was being treated as unexplained.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21913356

Alexander Litvinenko, who was poisoned with radioactive polonium in London back in 2006, became an enemy of Putin when he refused to assassinate Berezovsky (and publicly announced it) and subsequently took asylum in the UK.

Clearly Berezovsky was no saint, but if my opinion is correct, this is another example of how Putin ignores international laws.

All JMO, of course.

Further background:

Wikipedia page for Boris Berezovsky:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_B...businessman%29

Wikipedia page for Alexander Litvinenko:
    Alexander Litvinenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WS thread for Alexander Litvinenko:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ght=litvinenko
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 05-12-2015 at 04:07 AM. Reason: broken links
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

ouch

Hmmm: (from his WIKI above) --- Religion: Orthodox Christianity (converted in the mid-1990s at age 47);[2][3] formerly Judaism[4][5]

-----

BBM

That doesn't happen too often, lol

Usually it's the other way around)))

Officers trained to deal with chemical and radiation threats have been sent to the home of Boris Berezovsky, the exiled Russian oligarch who was found dead on Saturday.
    Despite a 13-year battle with the Kremlin and numerous assassination attempts, it was claimed that he may have taken his own life after suffering from severe depression.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...d-in-bath.html

It sounds like Berezovsky was in financial difficulty. That would be tough on the ego for someone who "made" (took?) immense sums of money.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

My money's on assassination as well.
    As for Putin, you can take the man out of the KGB/FSB but you can't take the KGB/FSB out of the man.

From Snoopster's link...
    "He had been due to be a witness at the inquest next month into the death of Alexander Litvinenko, the former KGB spy who was murdered in 2006 after being poisoned by radioactive polonium-210 in what is believed to have been a Kremlin-sanctioned assassination."

Coincidence? I think not. I have a hard time believing he'd commit suicide a month before he had the opportunity to try and help get justice for a man who died because he was protecting him.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Shows what I know -- I thought he'd been assassinated some time ago. Mind you, I will be curious about what the coroner has to say. 67 isn't that premature, all things considered (and the 'all' is large in his case).