1213 users online (277 members and 936 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OH - Sharon Yoczik, 67, Gallipolis, 22 March 2013

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/D...199612421.html

Sharon's family reported that she was last seen at her home at 10:00 on Friday morning. She was sleeping.

Her purse was inside the home, but not in it's usual location. She does not own a cellphone.

Bloodhounds tracked her scent to her mailbox.
    Just my opinion.

Be thankful for each day. Live in the moment.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Family members said Yoczik never went to the mailbox and wouldn't have been able to walk that far due to health problems, including arthritis. She also has had a history of blackout spells the last several months.

I hope they find this lady safe and war somewhere. A couple of things that stuck out to me were that Sharon's purse was found out of place and she wouldn't walk down to the mailbox. Is it possible since she had a history of blackouts she became disoriented and placed it in an odd location? (I didn't see specifically what neurological issues she may have) Also, even if she had arthritis could she have become disoriented and walked to the end of the property?! Possibly in her right mind she wouldn't have but if you add a neuro deficit anything is possible.

I only say this bc I am a nurse and work with neurological issues and I see things that people can do/normally wouldn't do/couldn't humanly possible do and are able to do it with a little adrenaline or just because...the human mind is such a powerful thing and we have really only begun to understand its capabilities...moo

Praying she is found soon. Sounds like this could potentially be another hearbreaker.

also, from the article:

Her family said she was sleeping when her husband left the house at that time. When he returned home at noon, he said she was gone.

---

has her husband made a statement?
    do we now where he went?

http://goo.gl/maps/3jevl

I don't know where exactly on Neighborhood road she lives, but the southeast end is close to the River.

Pray she is found soon. Gonna be cold tonight and bad weather Sunday afternoon/Monday.
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Was hoping to hear she was home by now.

North-Central Wisconsin ~ America's Dairyland
    Prayers that she will be found safe, sound, and soon! How frightening it must be for all concerned.

Without knowing if she can not physically walk to the mailbox, or whether she is physically able to, but chooses not to for whatever reason in her regular life, then it's hard to know if she left under her own power, or not...

I hope they figure out what happened...

The Gallia County Sheriff tells WSAZ.com the fire department is searching the Ohio River Sunday, while Sheriff's deputies continue to search by foot.

She still has not been located.

When I left southern ohio today to head north, it was snowing to beat heck.

Where the world is she?????

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Through a public records search, I found out that her husband was born in Florida, he was LE there for many years, initials are SAY. Looks like they have one daughter TY-when she got married changed it her initials to TT. She has a facebook page with some posts visible. No public posts of her mother being missing. Also appears as if they have one son, initials SLY- same first name as father.

Sharon herself does not appear to have any facebook, myspace, or twitter account.

Sharon had no cell phone and her family stated that she would not/could not walk to the mailbox. So, where the heck is she? And why did bloodhounds track her scent there?

News reports today said that crews were searching the Ohio river-- that is no easy feat since it is wide and deep with fast moving waters. Why search the river if the scent went to the mailbox?
    Just my opinion.

No Updates?

Pair of glasses found near riverbank..which may or may not belong to Sharon.
    Plus, LE is now calling this a criminal investigation.

On the fourth day of the search efforts for a missing 67-year-old woman, investigators have discovered a pair of eyeglasses near the river bank along Route 7 in Gallipolis.
    They're not sure if the glasses belong to Sharon Yoczik, who family members say has been missing since Friday morning. But it's the first sign of anything they've found in four days of searching and a criminal investigation.
    Her family said she has some health problems, including blackout spells for the last several months and arthritis that makes her unable to walk far. Investigators are taking her medical history into account and are also looking into whether she's had any problems with anyone in the past. They said there are no signs of foul play at this point.

My personal opinion is this: since family member's previously stated that Sharon either could not or would not walk to the mailbox and since the mailbox is the location where the bloodhounds tracked her scent... she was removed from the house without her own free will. Take that as you want at this point.

If scent trail ends at mailbox, whose car did Sharon get in / or whose car she put in?

Just my opinion.

Was hoping for good news about this lovely lady.

Northup says Yoczik and her husband moved to Gallipolis from Florida a few years ago to be close to family.

"She’s very family oriented,” Cheryl’s husband Jack Northup said. “She thought the world of her grandkids, her daughter -- spoke of them very highly."

Jack and other neighbors have been helping investigators comb the area since Yoczik went missing

Some things aren't adding up.

If due to health conditions that do not permit her to walk far, it seems strange that her scent would be tracked to her mailbox.

Wonder what time her mail is delivered?

If nothing was missing from the house, why take Sharon only?

Praying for her safe return.

Something else that doesn't add up: if her family (husband) reported that she could not walk to the mailbox, then how do neighbors report that she helped them with their garden chores. Gardening is serious work.

"She'd bring over vegetables, come help in the garden,” neighbor Cheryl Northup said. “She’s a great person."
    I try not to jump onto the wagon and blame the family when a loved one goes missing, but someone is not telling the truth. Either Sharon is able-bodied and can work in a garden or she suffers from physical ailments that prevent her from walking to the mailbox. Which is it?

Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast