647 users online (76 members and 571 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - 4 teens chrgd w/2nd Dgre rape of mntlly incapicated & physically helpless girl

I don't even know what to say here, so I'll just post the article and maybe someone better with words then I can address the issue

Salem

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/...9736?p=1&tc=pg

At least the school and the police force appear to be taking quick and decisive action.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article...d-rape-charges

Found this article that updates these cases.

NO WORDS...except what is wrong with these young men???

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Salem, just like Steubenville. This is going on all over America every weekend. I think the Steubenville case kinda woke some of the good kids up - that they can no longer walk away - they have to speak up and they are.

Shame the way a lot of our young people are headed.....................

JMHO

I hadnt seen this story before. But it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Seems to be the same old story. Girl gets drunk, idiot boys take advantage. Hopefully as these stories get reported in the wake of Steubenville, young folks will start to learn from them.

Wow.

One of the boys father is a sheriff's deputy....and it happened in his house.

The State Bureau of Investigation has taken the lead on the case because the incident is alleged to have occurred at Garren’s home. Garren is the son of sheriff’s deputy Jason Garren, who was out of town that weekend tending to his younger son, Hunter Garren, who was hospitalized several hours away. Hunter Garren was seriously injured in an RTV accident this summer.
    http://websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76088_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Salem, just like Steubenville. This is going on all over America every weekend. I think the Steubenville case kinda woke some of the good kids up - that they can no longer walk away - they have to speak up and they are.

Shame the way a lot of our young people are headed.....................

JMHO
    This sounds to me like Anytown, USA, any Friday or Saturday night, for the last 50 years.

For some reason, some people are just now aware of this. I certainly was well aware of it, every single weekend, in the 1970s through now.

This is not, IMHO, the way "our young people are headed", this is human behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousD View Post
    Wow.

One of the boys father is a sheriff's deputy....and it happened in his house.
    Right. Did you see that the parents were out of town for a seriously injured child? How horrible. I've been out of town and my home has also been abused by teenagers while all of us (my teens included) were out of town. Teens come in, and drink, boys AND girls, and stuff happens because they're young and stupid.

At some point, there will be a backlash. My sons are now grown, but I think if I were raising teenage boys at this time, I'd breathalize everyone who came in to my home, and call the cops to remove girls who blew alcohol. I never allowed drinking EVER in my home by minors, but it slips in, and I'd hate to have boys charged with felonies for liberties taken with drunk girls, by drunk boys.

ENOUGH of parties with drunk boys and drunk girls, and the boys are charged with felonies for having sex with the drunk girls and the girls are sheltered by law as "victims". ENOUGH.

Here are all their facebooks, all connected through each other.
    All football players at the school.
    Tyler's brother appears to be doing pretty well too.

Tyler Garren:

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.garren.16

Wes Ponder

https://www.facebook.com/ponder45

Matt Bishop

https://www.facebook.com/matt.bishop.7583

Vinny Curto

https://www.facebook.com/vinny.mgf

North-Central Wisconsin ~ America's Dairyland
    I don't know how this girl could not be considered a victim, if what she says about going in and out of consciousness is true.

For a drunk boy and a drunk girl to make irresponsible, and harmful decisions together under the influence is one thing... and that I agree has been going on for a very long time.

As for a girl being passed out and then assaulted by 4 different guys though? That is sexual assault... If a group of girls had done the same to a guy who was drunk and passed out it would be sexual assault as well. It's not the gender that a victim or perpetrator makes, it's the actions of those harming the person that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Right. Did you see that the parents were out of town for a seriously injured child? How horrible. I've been out of town and my home has also been abused by teenagers while all of us (my teens included) were out of town. Teens come in, and drink, boys AND girls, and stuff happens because they're young and stupid.

At some point, there will be a backlash. My sons are now grown, but I think if I were raising teenage boys at this time, I'd breathalize everyone who came in to my home, and call the cops to remove girls who blew alcohol. I never allowed drinking EVER in my home by minors, but it slips in, and I'd hate to have boys charged with felonies for liberties taken with drunk girls, by drunk boys.

ENOUGH of parties with drunk boys and drunk girls, and the boys are charged with felonies for having sex with the drunk girls and the girls are sheltered by law as "victims". ENOUGH.
    Wow I cannot believe what I just read

Rape victims ARE victims.

I hope this doesn't blow the margins LOL!

From the Washing Post: #LiberalTips2AvoidRape: How about, just don’t do it?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...st-dont-do-it/

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post

OMG, did I really just read this correctly?!?.....ummmm I better keep my mouth shut to a response to this post!!!

East Henderson students' rape cases in court today

Bishop, Garren and Ponder are scheduled to appear in court June 24.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article...es-court-today

Quote Originally Posted by LJKaust View Post
    Wow I cannot believe what I just read
    You and me both LJK
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead72 View Post
    I don't know how this girl could not be considered a victim, if what she says about going in and out of consciousness is true.

For a drunk boy and a drunk girl to make irresponsible, and harmful decisions together under the influence is one thing... and that I agree has been going on for a very long time.

As for a girl being passed out and then assaulted by 4 different guys though? That is sexual assault... If a group of girls had done the same to a guy who was drunk and passed out it would be sexual assault as well. It's not the gender that a victim or perpetrator makes, it's the actions of those harming the person that matter.
    BBM

WORD. I have been drunk out of my mind more times than I can muster )thank God for 8+ years in recovery) and I know all about stupid drunken choices. But gang rape is gang rape, no matter how anyone wants to slice it.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast