NC - 4 teens chrgd w/2nd Dgre rape of mntlly incapicated & physically helpless girl

Salem, just like Steubenville. This is going on all over America every weekend. I think the Steubenville case kinda woke some of the good kids up - that they can no longer walk away - they have to speak up and they are.

Shame the way a lot of our young people are headed.....................

JMHO

I hadnt seen this story before. But it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Seems to be the same old story. Girl gets drunk, idiot boys take advantage. Hopefully as these stories get reported in the wake of Steubenville, young folks will start to learn from them.

Wow.

One of the boys father is a sheriff's deputy....and it happened in his house.

The State Bureau of Investigation has taken the lead on the case because the incident is alleged to have occurred at Garren’s home. Garren is the son of sheriff’s deputy Jason Garren, who was out of town that weekend tending to his younger son, Hunter Garren, who was hospitalized several hours away. Hunter Garren was seriously injured in an RTV accident this summer.

Salem, just like Steubenville. This is going on all over America every weekend. I think the Steubenville case kinda woke some of the good kids up - that they can no longer walk away - they have to speak up and they are.

Shame the way a lot of our young people are headed.....................

JMHO

This sounds to me like Anytown, USA, any Friday or Saturday night, for the last 50 years.

For some reason, some people are just now aware of this. I certainly was well aware of it, every single weekend, in the 1970s through now.

This is not, IMHO, the way "our young people are headed", this is human behavior.

Wow.

One of the boys father is a sheriff's deputy....and it happened in his house.

Right. Did you see that the parents were out of town for a seriously injured child? How horrible. I've been out of town and my home has also been abused by teenagers while all of us (my teens included) were out of town. Teens come in, and drink, boys AND girls, and stuff happens because they're young and stupid.

At some point, there will be a backlash. My sons are now grown, but I think if I were raising teenage boys at this time, I'd breathalize everyone who came in to my home, and call the cops to remove girls who blew alcohol. I never allowed drinking EVER in my home by minors, but it slips in, and I'd hate to have boys charged with felonies for liberties taken with drunk girls, by drunk boys.

ENOUGH of parties with drunk boys and drunk girls, and the boys are charged with felonies for having sex with the drunk girls and the girls are sheltered by law as "victims". ENOUGH.

I don't know how this girl could not be considered a victim, if what she says about going in and out of consciousness is true.

For a drunk boy and a drunk girl to make irresponsible, and harmful decisions together under the influence is one thing... and that I agree has been going on for a very long time.

As for a girl being passed out and then assaulted by 4 different guys though? That is sexual assault... If a group of girls had done the same to a guy who was drunk and passed out it would be sexual assault as well. It's not the gender that a victim or perpetrator makes, it's the actions of those harming the person that matter.

Right. Did you see that the parents were out of town for a seriously injured child? How horrible. I've been out of town and my home has also been abused by teenagers while all of us (my teens included) were out of town. Teens come in, and drink, boys AND girls, and stuff happens because they're young and stupid.

At some point, there will be a backlash. My sons are now grown, but I think if I were raising teenage boys at this time, I'd breathalize everyone who came in to my home, and call the cops to remove girls who blew alcohol. I never allowed drinking EVER in my home by minors, but it slips in, and I'd hate to have boys charged with felonies for liberties taken with drunk girls, by drunk boys.

ENOUGH of parties with drunk boys and drunk girls, and the boys are charged with felonies for having sex with the drunk girls and the girls are sheltered by law as "victims". ENOUGH.

Wow:what: I cannot believe what I just read :furious:

Rape victims ARE victims.

4e9dc53133cf4.jpg

I hope this doesn't blow the margins LOL!

From the Washing Post: #LiberalTips2AvoidRape: How about, just don’t do it?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...eraltips2avoidrape-how-about-just-dont-do-it/

OMG, did I really just read this correctly?!?.....ummmm I better keep my mouth shut to a response to this post!!!

I don't know how this girl could not be considered a victim, if what she says about going in and out of consciousness is true.

For a drunk boy and a drunk girl to make irresponsible, and harmful decisions together under the influence is one thing... and that I agree has been going on for a very long time.

As for a girl being passed out and then assaulted by 4 different guys though? That is sexual assault... If a group of girls had done the same to a guy who was drunk and passed out it would be sexual assault as well. It's not the gender that a victim or perpetrator makes, it's the actions of those harming the person that matter.

BBM

WORD. I have been drunk out of my mind more times than I can muster )thank God for 8+ years in recovery) and I know all about stupid drunken choices. But gang rape is gang rape, no matter how anyone wants to slice it.

drunk stupid party behavior might equal one drunk boy having sex with a girl who is too drunk.

FOUR boys having sex with a semi conscious drunk girl is NOT IMO just some drunk kids being stupid and the suggestion that these boys are being unfairly treated and the drunk girl protected as a victim is rather offensive.

I don't care how drunk somebody is, they dang well knew they were raping this girl. Drunk or sober, not many girls willingly have sex with four boys in the same evening or at the same time. Period.

:furious:

drunk stupid party behavior might equal one drunk boy having sex with a girl who is too drunk.

FOUR boys having sex with a semi conscious drunk girl is NOT IMO just some drunk kids being stupid and the suggestion that these boys are being unfairly treated and the drunk girl protected as a victim is rather offensive.

I don't care how drunk somebody is, they dang well knew they were raping this girl.
Drunk or sober, not many girls willingly have sex with four boys in the same evening or at the same time. Period.

:furious:

bbm, and the courts agree with that. I am beyond :furious: that anyone would sling ***** at rape victims.

This sounds to me like Anytown, USA, any Friday or Saturday night, for the last 50 years.

For some reason, some people are just now aware of this. I certainly was well aware of it, every single weekend, in the 1970s through now.

This is not, IMHO, the way "our young people are headed", this is human behavior.

Jeanna, it seems to me that things had gotten better in regard to these issues for a while. I remember being in school (hs and college) and you would be bombarded with messages about date rape, etc. I guess we just took it for granted that that message was getting passed down. Now all of a sudden as these cases come to light, young people seem to be shocked to learn that stripping and fondling a girl that is extemely intoxicated is a crime. They are perplexed that its wrong to film underage girls naked and send that to all your friends. Sure there are cases where boys and girls are both drunk and equally at fault. But thats not what has been happening here and in Steubenville. These girls were incapacitated. Here is a hint guys from a guy that has been around the block a few times: if you're at a party and there is a girl that has been drinking and is having sex (even apparantly consenual) with multiple guys, things have already reached a very dangerous point.

This and other recent stories should serve as a glaring neon warning sign to all young women to be careful. This is what can happen and your picture will be all over social media. I am not forgiving of the boys in any of these stories but the gals have to be cognizant of the fact that this can happen to them. They could disappear. They could end up dead. They could be found a year later hacked up in some ditch. There are selfish and very bad people out there.

I am way past the age of these girls but when out with friends we watch out for each other - we never leave anyone behind. Even the time one gal was so drunk she insisted she wanted to stay at a bar and dance we knew she did not have a way to get home and we did not leave her there. We physically dragged her out. Who knows where she would have woken up the next day.....

I agree that girls need to exercise common sense but IMO we have failed as a society to teach boys that they need to exercise self control as well. A girl passed out is not an invitation. Ever. Period.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back