1105 users online (210 members and 895 guests)  

Websleuths News

Body of 107-year-old found

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...anoffbeatmummy

TOKYO (AFP) - Japanese police have found the mummified body of a 107-year-old man, who died up to a decade ago, wearing a clean kimono at his house near Osaka.

Lying face down in bed, the body of Kyujiro Kaneoka was discovered in Itami, 400 kilometers (250 miles) west of Tokyo, after his nephew called police on Monday, a police official said Wednesday.

"The body was wearing a clean kimono. He is believed to be dead for five to 10 years. We are talking to his family members why they kept him like this," the official said. Kaneoka lived with his three children in the house.
    An official with the Itami city hall said the city was considering asking Kaneoka's family to return gifts it had received since 1999 as a token of the man's longevity.

"Every year we gave the family 30,000 yen (288 dollars) and a cashmere blanket worth 20,000 yen. Although we requested a meeting with him directly, the family always turned it down, saying he was too weak and bed-ridden," the official said.

Where do you find these wild stories, Golfmom?!? This is truely bizzare and twisted. How in the world could they explain that one????

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn
    Where do you find these wild stories, Golfmom?!? This is truely bizzare and twisted. How in the world could they explain that one????
    LOL ... I have my sources!

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    "The body was wearing a clean kimono. He is believed to be dead for five to 10 years. We are talking to his family members why they kept him like this," the official said. Kaneoka lived with his three children in the house.
    An official with the Itami city hall said the city was considering asking Kaneoka's family to return gifts it had received since 1999 as a token of the man's longevity.

"Every year we gave the family 30,000 yen (288 dollars) and a cashmere blanket worth 20,000 yen. Although we requested a meeting with him directly, the family always turned it down, saying he was too weak and bed-ridden," the official said.

Think maybe the why is answered here?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight