711 users online (94 members and 617 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

MS - State Rep. Jessica Upshaw, 53, found dead

Mississippi State Rep. Jessica Upshaw found dead

...Mississippi Bureau of Investigation spokesman Warren Strain says the crime scene unit is at a home in Mendenhall, investigating her death.

Neither Strain nor Tutor would comment about the cause of death. Strain says it does not appear to be a natural death. The Clarion-Ledger reports the lawmaker died from a gunshot wound to the head, citing state Capitol sources....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...aw-found-dead/
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Mississippi politician and grandmother, 53, 'kills herself' at home of former lawmaker

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2OXQILqPY

oh no!

Makes you wonder what kind of laws she's been interested in of late, right ?
    Someone may have been super upset with her over her stance on something.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I think it will be interesting which way this investigation goes. Self-inflicted or homicide.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

I have almost never heard of a gun suicide by a woman. I understand she was found in the home of another state legislator? This could get interesting..
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Upshaw was an unmarried former attorney who served as chairwoman of the House Conservation and Natural Resources Committee

"Her body was found at 901 Mangum Street ...

http://www.ibtimes.com/did-jessica-u...wound-1149923#
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

So sad. Does sound like suicide, if what he is saying is true.

bbm

Rotenberry: She had to fight depression every day

SIMPSON COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
    Former Mississippi State Rep. Clint Rotenberry says State Rep. Jessica Upshaw had battled depression for many years. Rotenberry told WLBT he and Upshaw were dating, and she was at his home Sunday when she took her life.

"She has been under the care of a psychiatrist, a counselor," said Rotenberry. "She goes through group therapy, she's such a fighter. She would have to get up and fight the depression every day."

Upshaw spent the night at Rotenberry's house, and had apparently gone outside while he was taking a shower. He found her body behind her car....

http://www.wafb.com/story/21780524/jessica-upshaw
    And more:

Sitting at his kitchen table Monday holding a gray poodle named Beau, Rotenberry described Upshaw as his "soul mate," saying they were both divorced and had been in a relationship for years. Wearing a plaid shirt with his salt-and-pepper hair parted to the side, Rotenberry fought back tears at times, but also managed a smile while talking about the good times the two had shared.

http://legalpronews.findlaw.com/arti...?q=Mississippi

Did she have cats?
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

Quote Originally Posted by gogrannypop View Post
    Did she have cats?
    Interesting question. May I ask why you wonder?
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Interesting question. May I ask why you wonder?
    Just thinking about trichomonas. Link: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012...-humans-sanity

Lame and only report I can find at the moment. Curiosity is all.

So sorry for the family and loved ones of these that are lost.
    They have no choice.

Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

Trichomonas is a sexually transmitted disease. Toxoplasmosis is carried by cats.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

At this point, I do believe she committed suicide. It would be pretty foolish for him to have shot her in his own home. In any event, terribly sad. I do wonder if her depression was specific, i.e a particular issue that had saddened her to such a degree and wonder if we will ever know.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Why would she go outside to the car, open the door and shoot herself? Don't women usually pick a more private place to commit suicide?

I wonder is she was trying to get away but didn't quite make it? I'll be interested to see what the forensics will tell us.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by T4Tide View Post
    Trichomonas is a sexually transmitted disease. Toxoplasmosis is carried by cats.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you. One too many scotch and waters. lol
    They have no choice.

كلي