MS - State Rep. Jessica Upshaw, 53, found dead

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
Mississippi State Rep. Jessica Upshaw found dead

...Mississippi Bureau of Investigation spokesman Warren Strain says the crime scene unit is at a home in Mendenhall, investigating her death.

Neither Strain nor Tutor would comment about the cause of death. Strain says it does not appear to be a natural death. The Clarion-Ledger reports the lawmaker died from a gunshot wound to the head, citing state Capitol sources....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57576043/mississippi-state-rep-jessica-upshaw-found-dead/

Makes you wonder what kind of laws she's been interested in of late, right ?
Someone may have been super upset with her over her stance on something.

I think it will be interesting which way this investigation goes. Self-inflicted or homicide. :(

I have almost never heard of a gun suicide by a woman. I understand she was found in the home of another state legislator? This could get interesting..

So sad. Does sound like suicide, if what he is saying is true. :(

bbm

Rotenberry: She had to fight depression every day

SIMPSON COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
Former Mississippi State Rep. Clint Rotenberry says State Rep. Jessica Upshaw had battled depression for many years. Rotenberry told WLBT he and Upshaw were dating, and she was at his home Sunday when she took her life.

"She has been under the care of a psychiatrist, a counselor," said Rotenberry. "She goes through group therapy, she's such a fighter. She would have to get up and fight the depression every day."

Upshaw spent the night at Rotenberry's house, and had apparently gone outside while he was taking a shower. He found her body behind her car....

http://www.wafb.com/story/21780524/jessica-upshaw

And more:

Sitting at his kitchen table Monday holding a gray poodle named Beau, Rotenberry described Upshaw as his "soul mate," saying they were both divorced and had been in a relationship for years. Wearing a plaid shirt with his salt-and-pepper hair parted to the side, Rotenberry fought back tears at times, but also managed a smile while talking about the good times the two had shared.

http://legalpronews.findlaw.com/article/071n2Nc0ooakB?q=Mississippi

Trichomonas is a sexually transmitted disease. Toxoplasmosis is carried by cats.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

At this point, I do believe she committed suicide. It would be pretty foolish for him to have shot her in his own home. In any event, terribly sad. I do wonder if her depression was specific, i.e a particular issue that had saddened her to such a degree and wonder if we will ever know.

Why would she go outside to the car, open the door and shoot herself? Don't women usually pick a more private place to commit suicide?

I wonder is she was trying to get away but didn't quite make it? I'll be interested to see what the forensics will tell us.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trichomonas is a sexually transmitted disease. Toxoplasmosis is carried by cats.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. One too many scotch and waters. lol

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member