Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Jurors

I found this about the jurors, it was on HLN. thought I would post it here. Maybe someone can put the names given here by their number to see how they compare to HLN's observations.

Per HLN/IS producers observations...

Juror No. 1

She is a white female in her 60s and sits closest to the witness stand. She doesn't look at Arias often during her testimony. People in the gallery observed her yawning once during an emotional part of Arias' testimony.

Juror No. 2

He is a white male in his 50s. He takes few notes and usually has his head cupped in his hands as he listens to testimony.

Juror No. 3

She is a white female in her 40s. She takes a lot of notes and often watches prosecutor Juan Martinez as he moves around the courtroom. She has been seen submitting questions.

Juror No. 4

He is a white male in his 60s, and he takes few notes.

Juror No. 5

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a “unique hair style.”

Juror No. 6

She is a white female in her 60s and is also seen taking many notes.

Juror No. 7

He is a white male in his 30s, and he is married. He takes notes and often bites his nails.

Juror No. 8

He is a white male in his 50s and is married. He also takes notes and has been observed submitting questions.

Juror No. 9

He is a white male in his 60s. He wears denim on most days and sits at the end of the jury box. He sits close to the first row of the gallery where Alexander's family sits.

Juror No. 10

He is a white male in his 70s and is married. He has a tattoo on his right arm. He rarely is seen taking notes. He sits the furthest away from the witness.

Juror No. 11

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She takes a lot of notes. She does not look at Arias during testimony. She tends to look straight ahead or down at her notes.

Juror No. 12

She is a white female in her 40s and also takes lots of notes. She swiveled her chair toward Arias during her testimony.

Juror No. 13

He is a white male in his late 60s to early 70s. He wears an audio-enhancing headset provided by the court. He does takes notes.

Juror No. 14

He is a white male in his early 60s who often swivels in his chair. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 15

He is a white male in his late 20s or early 30s. He appears to be the youngest member of the jury and takes very few notes. He smiled when Martinez asked Arias if she could predict the future.

Juror No. 16

He is a white male in his 40s.

Juror No. 17

He is a Hispanic male in his late 20s to early 30s. He dresses casually and sometimes slouches so far down in his chair that he is hardly visible to the gallery. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 18

She is a white female in her 40s. She is an occasional note taker and she often looks at the gallery during sidebars.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Meemaw12 For This Useful Post:

???????

Some of us are new to all of this and may be missing...

um... something.

If the jurors are questioned about the photo/autograph, then are they not in the same exact position that the defense didn't want for them to be in? Which is to now have knowledge of it?

What was the point?

Please set the alarm clock to go off when this trial is over.

Signed,

I have a headache.

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Flowerrgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Meemaw12 View Post
    I found this about the jurors, it was on HLN. thought I would post it here. Maybe someone can put the names given here by their number to see how they compare to HLN's observations.

Per HLN/IS producers observations...

Juror No. 1 - Church Lady

She is a white female in her 60s and sits closest to the witness stand. She doesn't look at Arias often during her testimony. People in the gallery observed her yawning once during an emotional part of Arias' testimony.

Juror No. 2 - Trump

He is a white male in his 50s. He takes few notes and usually has his head cupped in his hands as he listens to testimony.

Juror No. 3 - Housewife

She is a white female in her 40s. She takes a lot of notes and often watches prosecutor Juan Martinez as he moves around the courtroom. She has been seen submitting questions.

Juror No. 4 - Grandpa

He is a white male in his 60s, and he takes few notes.

Juror No. 5 - tri color

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a “unique hair style.”

Juror No. 6 - Nancy Reagan

She is a white female in her 60s and is also seen taking many notes.

Juror No. 7 - Paul Rudd

He is a white male in his 30s, and he is married. He takes notes and often bites his nails.

Juror No. 8 - CEO

He is a white male in his 50s and is married. He also takes notes and has been observed submitting questions.

Juror No. 9 - Willie Nelson

He is a white male in his 60s. He wears denim on most days and sits at the end of the jury box. He sits close to the first row of the gallery where Alexander's family sits.

Juror No. 10 - The Artist

He is a white male in his 70s and is married. He has a tattoo on his right arm. He rarely is seen taking notes. He sits the furthest away from the witness.

Juror No. 11 - Ponytail

She is a married, white female in her 30s. She takes a lot of notes. She does not look at Arias during testimony. She tends to look straight ahead or down at her notes.

Juror No. 12 - Maureen

She is a white female in her 40s and also takes lots of notes. She swiveled her chair toward Arias during her testimony.

Juror No. 13 - headphones

He is a white male in his late 60s to early 70s. He wears an audio-enhancing headset provided by the court. He does takes notes.

Juror No. 14 - CPA

He is a white male in his early 60s who often swivels in his chair. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 15 - Wrestler

He is a white male in his late 20s or early 30s. He appears to be the youngest member of the jury and takes very few notes. He smiled when Martinez asked Arias if she could predict the future.

Juror No. 16 - Neil

He is a white male in his 40s.

Juror No. 17 - Poquito Mas

He is a Hispanic male in his late 20s to early 30s. He dresses casually and sometimes slouches so far down in his chair that he is hardly visible to the gallery. He does not appear to be taking notes.

Juror No. 18 - Barb

She is a white female in her 40s. She is an occasional note taker and she often looks at the gallery during sidebars.
    See above

thank you for inspiring me travis alexander

My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!
    www.twoinnocents.wordpress.com

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to katiecoolady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerrgirl View Post
    ???????

Some of us are new to all of this and may be missing...

um... something.

If the jurors are questioned about the photo/autograph, then are they not in the same exact position that the defense didn't want for them to be in? Which is to now have knowledge of it?

What was the point?

Please set the alarm clock to go off when this trial is over.

Signed,

I have a headache.
    My guess is that the judge questioned them in a broad way... "Have you seen any of the attorneys outside of the courthouse? If so, who did you see and what were they doing?"

I don't know. That would probably make them wonder what happened Lol. I doubt they were flat out asked if they saw JM take pics and sign an autograph though.
    MOO

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by katiecoolady View Post
    Here's your reality check STEVE:

If a juror had seen that photo being taken they would be questioned by the Judge who,would ask them if this would prohibit them from rendering a fair and impartial verdict. If they said no, no change. If they said yes, they would be tossed and 5 more alternates left. Mistrial wasn't even a consideration. Dumb dumb.
    I just thought he isn't being very impartial for a news reporter. Of course I unfriended him. I don't have any respect for him after his post.
    An elephant never forgets and neither will I.

9. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to FrvrShl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieDaily View Post
    Her hands and feet are huge. In the video of her doing the head stand I was shocked at how large and dirty her feet were. Her hands are manly and long boney fingers.
    Lol!!! Oh my gosh...her DIRTY feet...hahahaha...I almost died when I saw them! ...that's so funny you noticed that too.. I'm still traumatized over seeing them...

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nancy_Drew For This Useful Post:

See above
    Awww Thank you Katie..HUGS

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meemaw12 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    I am not sure but it seems like no one is testifying to help jodi,not family or friends.
    They may not have anything relevant/helpful to say as it pertains to the slaughter of TA. I would expect to see some people ask for leniency during the penalty phase, though. In the David Westerfield (Danielle Van Dam) trial (he was 50 or so), they actually put his PROM DATE on the stand to talk about what a nice boy he was in high school. She hadn't seen him in at LEAST 20 years. He got the DP, despite being a nice prom date in the early 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemaw12 View Post
    IMO she was drawing profile pictures of either JM or Det. Flores.
    I think she thinks JM is dreamy! She can't help herself. He's the closest thing she's ever had to a worthy adversary.

"Dear Diary: I can't help it! Juan makes my lady parts tingle! I wonder what our children would look like?"

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sedonia Sunset For This Useful Post:

I'm having PTSD from JA abusing her Mom and a dog. For real.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MissJ For This Useful Post:

A couple of things:

1.) I also noticed the filthiness of those feet on Jodi Arias during the headstand. Based on this, along with the appearance of certain other parts of her body, I'm surprised she didn't give poor Travis a disease before she killed him.

2.) I am not nearly as impressed with this witness as many others (talking heads) seem to be. She may be a real nice lady, but to me there is something "off" about her professionalism. She apparently has the education, yet her speech patterns, for one thing, are decidedly - well, I'll just say "unsophisticated". That is off putting to me.

In addition, I feel her testimony is way too laden with anecdotes. "I once treated a man who...." I'm to the point where I am silently saying to myself "So what? What does this have to do with THIS trial?" And yet when there was talk of a study, she was weak in her testimony. Said it had been years since she had looked at that study.

Can't wait to see what Juan does with her.

3.) I don't think Juan Martinez gives a "chit" about any kerfluffle about a photograph. As someone else said, it is not his first rodeo. If it was inappropriate he would not have done it. Simple as that.

Perhaps I'm just burned out with the days upon days of these two defense "experts". And I would bet the jury members are too. The "defense" needs to just get on with it. They are really milking it at this point. For the money? Who knows? Maybe it will make Nurmi's book a better seller.

And for whoever asked: Yes, the jury members can write a book after the trial is over. Several jury members from the Scott Peterson trial got together and wrote a really good book called "We the Jury".

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    A couple of things:

1.) I also noticed the filthiness of those feet on Jodi Arias during the headstand. Based on this, along with the appearance of certain other parts of her body, I'm surprised she didn't give poor Travis a disease before she killed him.

2.) I am not nearly as impressed with this witness as many others (talking heads) seem to be. She may be a real nice lady, but to me there is something "off" about her professionalism. She apparently has the education, yet her speech patterns, for one thing, are decidedly - well, I'll just say "unsophisticated". That is off putting to me.

In addition, I feel her testimony is way too laden with anecdotes. "I once treated a man who...." I'm to the point where I am silently saying to myself "So what? What does this have to do with THIS trial?" And yet when there was talk of a study, she was weak in her testimony. Said it had been years since she had looked at that study.

Can't wait to see what Juan does with her.

3.) I don't think Juan Martinez gives a "chit" about any kerfluffle about a photograph. As someone else said, it is not his first rodeo. If it was inappropriate he would not have done it. Simple as that.
    Perhaps I'm just burned out with the days upon days of these two defense "experts". And I would bet the jury members are too. The "defense" needs to just get on with it. They are really milking it at this point. For the money? Who knows? Maybe it will make Nurmi's book a better seller.

And for whoever asked: Yes, the jury members can write a book after the trial is over. Several jury members from the Scott Peterson trial got together and wrote a really good book called "We the Jury".
    Agree with you. JM knows what to do and what not to do! He's been at this for decades and decades! A little faith in him won't do us any harm!

Quote Originally Posted by Optics View Post
    What troubles me most is today - the defence took time in a courtroom to cast allegations against Juan Martinez and misconduct. I, like everyone else am extremely impressed with the job he does inside that courtroom as the only voice for Travis. Having said that, I became troubled when in other places including HLN some began referring to him as a 'rockstar'. The fact is this is not a concert, this is a trial to convict to the nth a violent, evil murderer. I would not want to jeopardize Juan in any way absolutely. The biggest problem I have with this whole fan adoration of Juan, is the end result - which is Jodi Arias as the defendant got to sit in when the Judge questioned each of the jurors after court was done for today. The part WE did not see. Which means, Arias was able to sit in a room making eye contact with each of the 12 jurors. All this during a period of time when a DV 'expert' is on the witness stand claiming what she did today. I'm not gonna cast stones at anyone, but I hope this was a learning curve for anyone of us, be it attending court or posting on the internet. I don't think Martinez needs this on his plate, even though he is fully competent and capable. Let's have the 'Juanfest' AFTER she is hopefully convicted. We can make assumptions on the jurors but NO ONE knows what is really going through their minds. That is what I fear the most, and today because of a bit of fan-fare, Arias was given the chance to make direct eye contact with those jurors.
    Do we know for sure she was in that jury questioning? I thought it was private w the judge.

My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!

The only time I've witnessed a similar kerfuffle was during the DeeDee Moore trial in which she was convicted of the murder of Abraham Shakespeare in Tampa, FL.

The Tampa Bay Times was doing their first live feed with a chat room underneath. They were extremely responsive to reader demands and said they wanted to stream other trials.

Well, one day, there were problems switching the feed to a new format. During that time, one of the techs accidentally pushed a button that fed his image/conversations live. Most of the talk was technical, but a couple of things came in about the trial.

Don't ask me details, but the next morning the defense lawyer made an accusation about that feed. A lawyer friend of his had called him and told him x,y,z had been broadcast live. He was as furious and indignant as Nurmi was yesterday.

Those involved were called in to testify, as was Jean Casarez. It turned out the friend of the lawyer was wrong as to the nature of what came over the stream and the whole incident came to nothing more than a warning not to let it happen again.

I'd appreciate more details in anyone else there saw this. For what it's worth, there were hundreds of viewers who could have testified to what they observed/heard! I only got to testify loudly to my computer screen!
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

23. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    The only time I've witnessed a similar kerfuffle was during the DeeDee Moore trial in which she was convicted of the murder of Abraham Shakespeare in Tampa, FL.

The Tampa Bay Times was doing their first live feed with a chat room underneath. They were extremely responsive to reader demands and said they wanted to stream other trials.

Well, one day, there were problems switching the feed to a new format. During that time, one of the techs accidentally pushed a button that fed his image/conversations live. Most of the talk was technical, but a couple of things came in about the trial.

Don't ask me details, but the next morning the defense lawyer made an accusation about that feed. A lawyer friend of his had called him and told him x,y,z had been broadcast live. He was as furious and indignant as Nurmi was yesterday.

Those involved were called in to testify, as was Jean Casarez. It turned out the friend of the lawyer was wrong as to the nature of what came over the stream and the whole incident came to nothing more than a warning not to let it happen again.

I'd appreciate more details in anyone else there saw this. For what it's worth, there were hundreds of viewers who could have testified to what they observed/heard! I only got to testify loudly to my computer screen!
    Nurmi was so concerned about JM he never checked it out himself before jumping the gun about what happened. To me he should have been more concerned with the person in the bunny suit. My guess is, that did not bother Jodi as much as KW and her perception that Dr. Drew hired her. lol
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

Just confirmed in an article by Michael Kiefer which I won't link because his inaccurate and embellished reporting on this case is officially disgusting me, that only present in the jury questioning on the photogate issue were the judge and attorneys. No Jodi.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post

I just went on azcentral to confront the crap out of Kiefer for his BS reporting but they don't allow comments. Don't make Mama drag out her twitter.

What dya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunvirtual View Post
    I think being called to the stand kind of freaked her out.

Shame on the defense team They made themselves look like fools today. I mean at the very least get what your complaining about right. First, they didn't even listen to what JC said. Second, Nurmi thinks Katie works for HLN? Come on now. Just ridiculous.

Just how desperate are they?
    Maybe the the DT is watching the THs on HLN... you know the ones.. the defense attys who spew craziness.. the ones who said Juan did such a horrible thing??? Maybe they are listening to the WRONG folks.. including their client (which they are paid to do) and their expert witnesses (who fool NO ONE with an ounce of common sense!) Ahhhh feels better!
    BBM
    Last edited by SCSam; 03-29-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: added 1 thing

Quote Originally Posted by FrvrShl View Post
    I am still kind of new here and I hope it's okay for me to post this in this thread, (I can't keep up with the other one).

Today was absolutely ridiculous. This DT has nothing they can use to try to spare their client except to manufacture these fables, ask for mistrials, complain that JA doesn't get this or that, or has migraines. This judge needs to get more control over this court room and these proceedings. This has become a big circus.
    Juan is not new to these "rodeo's" done by the defense. It seems this is their favorite motion - prosecutorial misconduct. They claim he doesn't give them "information" (with holds it), Surprise attacks witnesses or this latest load of hooey - that he could "taint the jurors" by signing autographs or taking photos with fans. What a load of garbage. They have NOTHING to get their client out of this mess she got herself into so they are going to throw anything at the wall and hope that something sticks.
    I don't believe that this jury, (or any rational sane person), will fall for their tactics and quite frankly, I actually do believe that this jury "gets" what really happened and that JA was NOT abused by TA and in fact TA was the one abused.
    I know that the CA trial really shook everyone's faith in the justice system. But this isn't Florida and there is so much more evidence of how evil, cruel, maniplulative, and mean JA is and was to TA. There is no way that JM is going to do anything that would cause a mistrial. He's too smart for that. He's been around the block too long and he's fighting for Travis and his family.
    The anger we feel needs to be directed where it belongs -- on the DT and JA. I don't think that Wilmott or Nurmi or their "experts" will have a career when this case is over. They have made themselves look like fools with the defense they went with. They are going to lose and their client is going to be found GUILTY and be sentenced to DEATH. I don't even think it's going to take the jurors long to consider her fate and do the right thing.
    This 1.4 million that has lined the DT's pockets better last them... they are going to have a hard time practicing law in this state.

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS and the ALEXANDER FAMILY.
    I think defense will do fine after this trial is over. They defend clients who have been accused of serious crimes. Overall JW and KN have done the best they can to defend Jodi with what little they can use. We don't like it, sure, but it's all in a day's work for them and there are plenty of criminals out there that will be using their services because they can see they do work hard for their client. We may not like it........but it is their job. KN scrapes the barrel to get a mistrial. He really, really does. lol jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Think they will turn up later

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    I am not sure but it seems like no one is testifying to help jodi,not family or friends.
    They might turn up in the mitigation stage. Probably had nothing of value to add the the case in chief.. and our Juan would have had a field day perhaps. JMHO

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SCSam For This Useful Post:

Just confirmed in an article by Michael Kiefer which I won't link because his inaccurate and embellished reporting on this case is officially disgusting me, that only present in the jury questioning on the photogate issue were the judge and attorneys. No Jodi.
    How would he know that?

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    How would he know that?
    I thought it was highly unlikely Jodi would be in on that. All the reporters have in house sources. Just ask the bailiff for one.

That makes sense. It would have been all kinds of wrong if JA was permitted to sit in on questioning the jurors.

What a waste of time this latest stunt has been. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with what JM did. He's outside of court and is being polite to his supporters.

If the DT is worried about what a juror may possibly see or hear, then why are the jurors permitted to sit on the benches or hang out anywhere around the court building to begin with? Do they really believe they can stop jurors from hearing comments from the average people hanging out?

If the DT wants the jury to not see or hear anything on breaks or after court, then they should suggest that jurors be escorted from the property and make some rules that the jurors cannot hang out around the building.

Gee whiz - just nonsense. Shows desperation in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryann123 View Post
    Well that was a good one from Mark, but even better was when he said he would like to ask ALV, what it was like to work for the Brady Bunch all those years. I swear, she does look like the BB maid, and her name was Alice too, LOL!
    Oh my gosh - that's funny. I never thought about it before but she does look a little like Alice from the BB.

Mark Eiglarsh is one of the few defense attorneys that I enjoy hearing from. Most defense attorneys get on TV and abandon common sense to make a case for a defendant just because they are defense attorneys. They can't even say what comes out of their mouths with a straight face half the time. Unlike them, Mark has a good sense of humor and common sense.

Observations on Expert Witness Alyce

I love popping in here to read the insiders observations at the end of the week! It really helps keep this case in perspective. I wanted to point out a few things I observed concerning the "expert witness". First if all initially I was a bit impressed with her CV, that was until I did some digging and listened closely. As a survivor of DV myself she began to loose credibility based on:

1. Her CV states she is a Psychotherapist yet she WAS registered only as a PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSISTANT which was canceled back in 1992. In fact the Dr she worked under back then Dr Charles Stockton had his license revoked back in 1998 for inappropriate sexual behavior with a patient. Alyce is only licensed as far as I can see as a MFC Marriage, Family and Child since 1992 and a Continuing Education Provider since 1997.

2. Her use of improper terms the first days such as "Bottom Lines" instead of Boundaries, "Hostage Syndrome" instead of Stockholm and the non existent "Chronic Combat Syndrome"

3. Much of her information comes from outdated information with her referring back to the 1980's

4. Her amazing ability to have memorized more about JA's own life history and story then JA evens knows herself.

5. The fact that she is "paid" and making over $12,000 for her testimony and time spent with JA

6. Any good DV advocate or person working within that field KNOWS they can not make assumptions as to the abuser without having substantiated evidence. Just because an abused person says it is so does not mean it is so. Even the Women's shelter I eventually fled to back in the 90's had to question MY motives for fleeing with my children and make sure I was not trying to flee with them for custody reasons or there was some other motive involved.

7. Lastly, to state that a child's possibly "neglectful" environment is "abusive" is a very dangerous statement. Just because a child comes from a neglectful home, does not mean that child will be abusive even if that home was abusive. It actually is the opposite in the majority of cases, it sets that child up to be abused as an adult is all. My abusive childhood did not make me abusive, it made me an easy target for abuse.

Sorry so long, but I am disgusted that this women attempts to speak for me or the others I know who are survivors! Men are OFTEN abused but for them to report it makes them appear weak as a man is all.

Keep up the inside work! Love what I read by everyone posting!!!!! I hope this trial ends soon for Travis's family

Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast