Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
11991352-small.jpg

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/12/authorities_say_missing_woman.html
Authorities say missing woman was on her way to shop at Destiny USA
Syracuse, NY – Authorities are looking for a Chenango County woman who has been missing since Tuesday when she told her husband she was driving to Syracuse to shop at Destiny USA.
She was driving a maroon 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan with a New York license plate of EFA1962.
Deputies said Ramsaran may have changed her hair color and style before she left. Her cell phone was found Wednesday on State Route 23 in the Town of Plymouth.
Deputies ask that anyone with information about Ramsaran call them at 607-334-2000 and push option 1.
1zqaupt.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...99051391.74183.212865135400495&type=1&theater
Facebook missing page

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Rumors are not allowed, if you can't link to it then please don't post it here. Main stream media and law enforcement are acceptable at this time.

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Scanner Thread

Media & Map thread

Finding Jennifer

Help Find Jennifer Facebook

Ramsaran, Jennifer
Lavanda Dolce
rickblaine - verified insider
Jilllian - verified insider

case map

Please continue here...

A few things to remember...

We are a victim friendly forum. This includes Jennifer as well as the rest of her family. It doesn't mean we can't discuss what is known thru the media or law enforcement and ask questions about any inconsistencies. It does mean we will not outright accuse someone or make up a scenerio not based on the facts we know at this time.

Everyone here has a right to post their thoughts and opinions about this case without being attacked for it. This means they are not being told their opinion is 'not logical' , 'its not facing reality', etc. We are not going to accuse members here of being manipulative and we are not going to tell each other how to post or what to post. If you feel a post is against our terms of service then alert on it. Please don't respond to the the post you are alerting. It may mean you will get timed out as well.

Be kind to each other and when posting make sure its how you expect to be treated as well. We are not on separate teams, we all want Jennifer to be found and brought home to her family. We do have insiders on this case, they may or may not be able to answer all of your questions.
Rumors are not allowed. Discussing comments from the news, and Social Networks are not allowed, they are considered rumors. We are not going to allow fighting or discussing a fight that is or may be going on with Facebook pages. Do not bring it here.

Lets stay focused on Jennifer. Please continue here...

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Body...saran-identified-193930381.html?m=y&smobile=y
Body of missing woman ID'd as Jennifer Ramsaran
The body found Tuesday in the town of Pharsalia has been identified as 36-year-old Jennifer Ramsaran, according to her husband Ganesh "Remy" Ramsaran.

Remy Ramsaran said he received a phone call from the Chenango County Sheriff's office this afternoon informing him that the body was his missing wife.

Please continue here...

Deepestsympathyprayers_zpse152a7b7.gif

Rest in Peace Jennifer. Our prayers and thoughts go out to Jennifer's family and friends. She was loved and will be missed by many.

I've forgotten half the tags. Can whoever did all the location name ones put them in again?

Okay... Deep breath, my first post...and because I've noticed how strict the rules are, this may not be allowed. For me, the biggest issue is the phone. I tend to believe (IMO) that JR left home not alive. She therefore would not have taken her phone with her. Now, what is someone supposed to do with that phone afterwards? If someone was calling her phone every hour, wouldn't they hear it ring in the house? Uh oh, what does that do to an alibi? So, the phone had to be dealt with.
With my phone, when I do the "Find My Phone," it tells me it is at #x zz rd., oneonta, NY. It does not tell me if it is in the living room, bedroom, front yard, or way down the hill in the back yard. So, someone getting a "ping" from the phone would only have a remote idea of where it was. Additionally, the person who might have abducted JR could possibly have her held under gunpoint. So WHY go there alone? (Unless you knew no one had her under gunpoint.)
I find the "finding of the phone" the most incredible piece of this whole story.
And, BTW, thank you to all of you who have so steadfastedly put all your collective knowledge together, and are trying very hard to do whatever you can to help Jennifer.

Okay... Deep breath, my first post...and because I've noticed how strict the rules are, this may not be allowed. For me, the biggest issue is the phone. I tend to believe (IMO) that JR left home not alive. She therefore would not have taken her phone with her. Now, what is someone supposed to do with that phone afterwards? If someone was calling her phone every hour, wouldn't they hear it ring in the house? Uh oh, what does that do to an alibi? So, the phone had to be dealt with.
With my phone, when I do the "Find My Phone," it tells me it is at #x zz rd., oneonta, NY. It does not tell me if it is in the living room, bedroom, front yard, or way down the hill in the back yard. So, someone getting a "ping" from the phone would only have a remote idea of where it was. Additionally, the person who might have abducted JR could possibly have her held under gunpoint. So WHY go there alone? (Unless you knew no one had her under gunpoint.)
I find the "finding of the phone" the most incredible piece of this whole story.
And, BTW, thank you to all of you who have so steadfastedly put all your collective knowledge together, and are trying very hard to do whatever you can to help Jennifer.

WELCOME glad you have that app on your phone we could use all the help we can get! thanks again great post!

I've always found the phone being found like that a little odd. There's a lot of land out there, and it doesn't actually beep like a metal detector or anything, does it?

Shrug. GR just got lucky, I can only suppose.

With my find my phone ap, using my iPad, it will show me a map with the location of my phone as a green circle if my phone is on. It's accuracy varies a lot. It is showing that my phone is at my house right now but shows it in the wrong side of the house. It's showing my iPad at a house down the road. It also shows my battery level for all my devices. I tend to misplace it a lot and found that if the sound is off on the phone it will show where on the map but will not allow the phone to make audible beeps....it will say its "pending sound." With the phone powered off it gives me a silver circle at the last pinged location and how long ago and "sound pending". My phone is almost dead so I'll se what happens then when it does. It would seem that night at very minimum he should have been able to see the last pinged location before it was powered off and at about what time. The sneaky rock though must have moved it after turning it on and maybe charging it!

With my phone, when I do the "Find My Phone," it tells me it is at #x zz rd., oneonta, NY. It does not tell me if it is in the living room, bedroom, front yard, or way down the hill in the back yard. So, someone getting a "ping" from the phone would only have a remote idea of where it was. Additionally,the person who might have abducted JR could possibly have her held under gunpoint. So WHY go there alone? (Unless you knew no one had her under gunpoint.)

:wagon:

BBM
Yes that's something I have always found odd. If your wife is missing and you think she would "never leave her kids", you would assume she is being held against her will.
So if you know where her phone is, why go alone and walk into a potentially dangerous situation which may cause people who have Jen to harm her or both of you?

I've always found the phone being found like that a little odd. There's a lot of land out there, and it doesn't actually beep like a metal detector or anything, does it?

Shrug. GR just got lucky, I can only suppose.

I recorded the sound but am not sure how to post it. It says its an invalid file. It's a high pitch beep....sounds a bit alien-encounterish. It goes off til the phone is found and its finding acknowledged. It's pretty loud...comparable to a phone ringing. I can hear it from upstairs....outside it might get muffled. I'll have to put it outside to see how the sound carries.

I'm very confused about the phone. Wasn't it reported that the phone ping actually occurred in the presence of LE? So why did he go find it by himself? Wouldn't LE be interested in what could potentially be an accident scene or a hostage situation?

I recorded the sound but am not sure how to post it. It says its an invalid file. It's a high pitch beep....sounds a bit alien-encounterish. It goes off til the phone is found and its finding acknowledged. It's pretty loud...comparable to a phone ringing. I can hear it from upstairs....outside it might get muffled. I'll have to put it outside to see how the sound carries.

Mr Z's got an iphone. He's working away. I just called the poor man, woke him up after a really hard day, and asked him if I could hear it.

Sadly, he has never switched the app on. Seems a bit daft to me, seeing as he lost his first phone and it was picked up within five mins and he never got it back, but there you go.

He didn't mind at all when I told him it was for Jennifer.

Oh, and he's also been hanging on for hours waiting to help me wih something for Bob's case, and had only just got to bed. But Jennifer does seem to have really touched his heart.

Questions with answers that we don't know (Assuming GR as a POTENTIAL POI, but not named a POI by LE):

• When was the van abandoned at Plank Road Manor?
  • Where could the van have been hidden, prior to it being abandoned at Plank Road Manor?
  • What time did GR arrive at the YMCA on December 11th, 2012?
  • How did GR's time of arrival to the YMCA on that day, differ from his normal scheduling?
  • When did GR initially volunteer to take a polygraph test?
  • Why did GR volunteer to take a polygraph test?
  • When was the voluntary polygraph test administered by LE?
  • How long did the affair between GR and his running partner last?
  • Where exactly in the vicinity of the Moon Hill Road/SR-23 intersection was the phone located?
  • When (between the 11th and 16th of December), did Jennifer's parents arrive to the area from Arizona?
  • Was there enough time between the 11th of December, and the arrival of Jennifer's parents, for GR to possibly tie up loose ends and conceal evidence in regards to his possible complicity in the disappearance of his wife?
  • Besides finding the phone, what other steps did GR take in attempting to find his wife?
  • Was there any attempt at the beginning on GR's part to contact local friends, to help him in trying to find his wife?

These are only a few of the many unanswered questions (to my knowledge). If any have been pointed out, please correct me.

My other question is in regards to possible motive:

If we assume that the affair that GR had engaged in with his running partner had an influence on the potential motive that led to Jennifer's death... then would it not be safe to assume that we could possibly be looking for an entirely different potential person of interest, or at least engender the possibility that we could be looking at two potential persons of interest acting together (conspirator/co-conspirator or perpetrator/accomplice)?

That's not to say that that is true, but one has to look from all potential angles.

bbm: that is a great point!

Welcome! :cheer:

:goodpost: :thewave: :welcome5: :thewave:

For me, the phone is a red flag. And after LD's scenario of the phone being turned on by a rock, it became a GIANT FLASHING RED FLAG. :moo:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #4

And in case anyone wants to see it again, here is that wonderful animation of the rock turning on the Iphone. TY Janeumayer!
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni