GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here. Please post respectfully and remember that the mother is a victim here.

Thanks,

Salem

Thread 1

Thanks for the new thread Salem!

I have read plenty of what else is out there on the WWW from friends of DE spittin hate to people outraged with him spittin hate also.

That's why I will be staying right here. I have read enough hate to have my fill for a good long while thank you.

But I do want to say I don't get deception from mom. I had a rather lengthy rambling post about it on the previous thread and just wanted to say for any who missed it.

After reading as much as I could stand to read on the free DE page, I feel I should call my mother, father, teachers, and Sunday school teachers for my education and moral values.

It's downright scary and sad to know those kinds of people are walking amongst us.

Bless little Antonio.
I hate he had to encounter such a <modsnip>.

I take comfort in knowing he's being taken care of and loved by My Savior.

He will never hurt again.

JMO

From experience in my professional background (I'm retired), SW, the baby's mother, should have had a spokesperson relaying her comments to the media. Said spokesperson could have been clergy or even a friend. I realize she most likely could not afford an attorney. Spokesperson would not have had the trauma SW is going through.

From experience in my professional background (I'm retired), SW, the baby's mother, should have had a spokesperson relaying her comments to the media. Said spokesperson could have been clergy or even a friend. I realize she most likely could not afford an attorney. Spokesperson would not have had the trauma SW is going through.

Um hm, I agree. I wonder if some family member (or clergy, as you say) could speak for her in the future. It would be a relief to her.

The only bad thing about that is people often think that's a sign of some sort of guilt.

I'm thinking back to Somer Thompson's Mom DT.
She was advised (by LE) to hire an attorney to be her public mouthpiece and you would have thought that was some sort of confession if you read comments here and other places.

But I do agree with you. I think it helps a great deal. You just have to be willing to handle the unwarranted public judgement for doing so.

JMO

thanks jjenny, just beneath the video screen at the link it says that Sherry West will be on Piers Anthony's show tonight at 9 est on CNN.

A thought that struck me watching the video as the reporter discussed reactions from both DE and DL family members is the following:

Various threats have been made against Antonio's mom via social media, DL's aunt claims she has been receiving threats. I am worried we may see violence between the two teens factions of support. I truly hope things do not escalate to that level.

There is a lot of finger pointing back and forth that seems to be going on with the suspects and I know that clergy and neighbors in the area have voiced concerns about violence escalating in the community of Brunswick in general.

Just thinking out loud.

I know...Bless her heart and she will be on Piers Morgan @ 9pm tonite...I hope she will have someone with her.:please:

After reading as much as I could stand to read on the free DE page, I feel I should call my mother, father, teachers, and Sunday school teachers for my education and moral values.

It's downright scary and sad to know those kinds of people are walking amongst us.

Bless little Antonio.
I hate he had to encounter such a .

JMO

Agree. Its just shocking. It makes you wonder how these people got to be that way.

This poor mother :( her quote:

"I couldn't see my baby like that," she said. "He was mangled, he was shot in the head at close range. So I just couldn't. I want to remember him alive, walking around."

West said she decided to stay home instead of attending the memorial because it was too painful. The family decided to cremate his body.

"I don't want anyone to see him like that," West said. "And I want them to remember him the way he looked when he was alive."

New article: Elkins' lawyer questions the use of photo-lineup:

"It's the worst kind of identification," Pate told Rozzi. "It's difficult because the person making the identification was under a lot of stress at the time." ...

According to published reports, police showed West 25 photographs and she identified Elkins as the shooter.

Pate says photo lineups are less reliable when a person from one race is identifying a suspect from another.

"If you have a white person, a Caucasian person trying to identify an African-American teenager, especially, social scientists have done studies and have looked at situations in a controlled environment when they know this is not the right person and yet somebody identifies them," Pate said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/lawyer-questions-lineup-used-identify-teens-charge/nW4DY/

Agree. Its just shocking. It makes you wonder how these people got to be that way.

A lot of people blame circumstances and surroundings.
But I believe we all control our future. It may take harder work or determination to make it for some, but it's possible.
It happens.

That's JMO

I have read plenty of what else is out there on the WWW from friends of DE spittin hate to people outraged with him spittin hate also.

That's why I will be staying right here. I have read enough hate to have my fill for a good long while thank you. <snipped for space>

I'm with you. I can't stand reading the worst of what humankind can say to each other (coming from all sides) - and besides, that doesn't go anywhere with me as far as proving who dunnit. (Though portraying oneself as a lowlife certainly doesn't help one's case.)

Trying to look for facts, here...and so far, just a lot of wild emotional rhetoric on every side that doesn't add to my big picture of this convoluted case. I guess that's to be expected at this point, now that lawyers are involved and proceedings have begun.

Meanwhile, De'Marquise Elkins (pictured above on right), 17, and D L, 15, made their first appearances before a judge. While West stayed at home, Lane's family showed up to the hearing, claiming the 15-year-old was innocent and just a witness.

West claims otherwise.

"He was there. He was there and he must have knew that he had a gun," she said. "And even if he didn't, he could have went for help."

Even though L's case is just entering the courts, West says she's already thinking about his sentencing.

"I think that he should be sent to a correctional facility until he's 21 and a consecutive life sentence in state prison," she said.

As for Elkins, West believes he doesn't deserve to live.

"I had to watch my baby die. I want to see him die," West said. "I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. You know what? I'm not sorry. He should be the one that's sorry."

http://m.news4jax.com/news/Memorial...er/-/16626108/19462024/-/sw925kz/-/index.html

Bless little Antonio.
I hate he had to encounter such a .

JMO

Indeed, Kimberly. This is my one comfort, too. <3

I haven't read everything that's been published.

Does anyone have a very clear trail of how Elkins came to be accused? Who first fingered him, that allowed him to be placed in the photo lineup? What exactly do they have on him?

I know DL's aunt apparently called and reported her nephew, DL, and DL's family acknowledges he was there at the crime scene but denies he was involved.

They also say DL didn't know Elkins.

So how, exactly, did Elkins come to be a suspect in a photo lineup?

Thanks -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members