980 users online (170 members and 810 guests)  

Websleuths News

"Scrappy" Girl Escapes Abductor, Sex Offender

what a brave little girl!
    http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.a...2&nav=3w6oWSQg

Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Time: 5:23:10 PM

Title: A ten-year-old girl escapes being abducted by a registered sex offender

Evansville, IN
    WFIE NEWS 14
    14wfie.com
    New Media Producer: Kerry Corum

UPDATE: A ten-year-old Owensboro girl escapes being abducted by a registered sex offender. Jerry Debruler, a 45-year-old convicted sex offender, is now in police custody after, they say, he grabbed the ten-year-old on her way to school then pulled her behind a home before she was able to break free and call police.

Owensboro Police Captain David Thompson says, "She's a scrappy ten-year-old girl and she stayed calm until she could get away."

Debruler served previous jail time for rape and robberies. He is now charged with kidnapping, and robbery in the second degree in another crime that happened Tuesday, following this attempted abduction.

Reporter: Emily Sinovic
    Web Producer: Amber Griswold

Previously: A registered sex offender is behind bars, after allegedly trying to kidnap a child.

It happened Tuesday morning in Owensboro as the girl was on her way to school.

Police report that the attempted abduction of a ten-year old girl occurred just a little before eight in the morning Tuesday in the 600 block of East 22nd Street in Owensboro.

The girl, who police are not yet identifying, was able to escape after being drug several feet behind a house.

Captain David Thompson, Owensboro Police Department, said, "I happen to know the little girl personally. She is a scrappy little ten-year old, brave girl. She stayed calm until she could get away, and at that time that she saw that she could, she did."

Just about 30 minutes later and a few blocks away, the same man, allegedly tried to take the car keys and purse of a woman.

Police were able take 45-year old Jerry Debruler into custody after a civilian who saw the attempted robbery contacted police.

Debruler is supposed to be a lifetime registered sex offender in Daviess County. He has been charged with first degree rape and other robberies in the past.

Jerry Debruler has been in violation of the registry, for not registering his most current address with police.

Praise the Lord it all turned out well!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Praise the Lord it all turned out well!
    AMEN!!!

And may this man NEVER get out to try this again!

register

Let me see if I understand this sex offender register thingy...once a convicted sex offender is released from prison, he is expected to suddenly develop an honest character that will keep LE notified of his address? Do I have this correct?

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986
    Let me see if I understand this sex offender register thingy...once a convicted sex offender is released from prison, he is expected to suddenly develop an honest character that will keep LE notified of his address? Do I have this correct?
    They seem to think so, don't they?

I think they should tatoo "sick ba$&rd" on the forhead of every sex offender. Then we wouldn't have to worry about registrys.

Sudzi