Izzy Mae

Reaction score
what a brave little girl!
http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=2953512&nav=3w6oWSQg :clap:
<body>
<div class="journalentry">
<b>Date:</b> Wednesday, March 9, 2005<br>
<b>Time:</b> 5:23:10 PM<br>
<b>Title:</b> A ten-year-old girl escapes being abducted by a registered sex offender<span style="font: bold 12pt Verdana;"><br>
<span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">Evansville, IN</span>
<span style="font: bold 12pt Verdana;">WFIE NEWS 14</span>
<span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">14wfie.com</span>
<span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">New Media Producer: Kerry Corum</span></p>
<p><span style="font: bold 12pt Verdana;">UPDATE:</span> <span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">A ten-year-old Owensboro girl escapes being abducted by a registered sex offender. Jerry Debruler, a 45-year-old convicted sex offender, is now in police custody after, they say, he grabbed the ten-year-old on her way to school then pulled her behind a home before she was able to break free and call police.</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">Owensboro Police Captain David Thompson says, "She's a scrappy ten-year-old girl and she stayed calm until she could get away."</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">Debruler served previous jail time for rape and robberies. He is now charged with kidnapping, and robbery in the second degree in another crime that happened Tuesday, following this attempted abduction.</span></p>
<p><span style="font: bold 10pt Verdana;">Reporter: Emily Sinovic</span><span style="font: bold 10pt Verdana;"><br>Web Producer: Amber Griswold</span></p>
<p><span style="font: bold 12pt Verdana;">Previously:</span><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;"> A registered sex offender is behind bars, after allegedly trying to kidnap a child.</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">It happened Tuesday morning in Owensboro as the girl was on her way to school.</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">Police report that the attempted abduction of a ten-year old girl occurred just a little before eight in the morning Tuesday in the 600 block of East 22nd Street in Owensboro.</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">The girl, who police are not yet identifying, was able to escape after being drug several feet behind a house.</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">Captain David Thompson, Owensboro Police Department, said, "I happen to know the little girl personally. She is a scrappy little ten-year old, brave girl. She stayed calm until she could get away, and at that time that she saw that she could, she did."</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">Just about 30 minutes later and a few blocks away, the same man, allegedly tried to take the car keys and purse of a woman.</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">Police were able take 45-year old Jerry Debruler into custody after a civilian who saw the attempted robbery contacted police.</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">Debruler is supposed to be a lifetime registered sex offender in Daviess County. He has been charged with first degree rape and other robberies in the past.</span></p>
<p><span style="font: 12pt Verdana;">Jerry Debruler has been in violation of the registry, for not registering his most current address with police.</span></p>
<p></p>
</div>

<div style="text-align: center"><h3><a href="#top">Back to Top</a></h3></div>
</body>
</html>

Dark Knight said:
Praise the Lord it all turned out well!

AMEN!!!

And may this man NEVER get out to try this again!

Let me see if I understand this sex offender register thingy...once a convicted sex offender is released from prison, he is expected to suddenly develop an honest character that will keep LE notified of his address? Do I have this correct?

1986 said:
Let me see if I understand this sex offender register thingy...once a convicted sex offender is released from prison, he is expected to suddenly develop an honest character that will keep LE notified of his address? Do I have this correct?

They seem to think so, don't they?

I think they should tatoo "sick ba$&rd" on the forhead of every sex offender. Then we wouldn't have to worry about registrys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back