FL FL - Kristie Gunderson Lee, 31, Pompano Beach, 31 March 1994

Who Killed Kristie Lee?

January 28, 1996|By Larry Keller
The caller to 911 sounded frantic and frightened; a woman saying that her daughter-in-law was unconscious. She could find no pulse.

"There's blood on the walls and the floor," she wailed. "I think I'm going to faint."

Pompano Beach police were dispatched to the Cobblestone apartments, a sprawling 384-unit complex with a pool, a clubhouse and neatly landscaped grounds. In the living room of apartment 1311, they found the caller, Kay Petralia, and her husband Joe. And in the master bedroom they discovered Kristie Lynn Lee, mother, wife, murder victim. The date: March 31, 1994.

KRISTIE DIED fighting. In her living room, where photos of her 20-month-old son Zachary adorned a wall and the top of a china cabinet, she struggled with her assailant and was struck in the head with an object. Police know this because of the blood in Kristie's hair and on the living-room carpet. One of her fingernails also was found there.

She then staggered down the hallway, past Zack's highchair on which lay the book Baby Lamb Chop Loves Words. There was another struggle. Kristies blood was smeared on the hallway wall.

Kristie, who was 5 feet 1 inch tall and weighed 92 pounds, was finally overpowered in her bedroom.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1996-01-28/features/9601260283_1_kristie-s-mother-blood-cobblestone

10 Years Later, Parents Work To Find Daughter's Killer
May 22, 2004|By Rafael A. Olmeda Staff Writer

Barbara Skinner came to South Florida from North Carolina earlier this week. It wasn't a vacation. It wasn't a business trip. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

Skinner's daughter, Kristie Lynn Lee, was murdered in her Pompano Beach apartment on March 31, 1994. There were no witnesses. There are no suspects. A little more than a decade has passed, justice has not been done, and Skinner has little choice but to summon as much patience as she can.

"I just can't describe the pain and shock of losing a child," she said Friday, after she and her husband spent the morning posting fliers in Pompano Beach asking for the public's help. "I've been living with it for 10 years."

Skinner's husband, Pat, said it's a long shot, but the fliers could generate new leads for detectives. "We're hoping we might just jog somebody's memory," he said

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2004-05-22/news/0405220092_1_detectives-killer-jeff-lee

tumblr_m2hy70eoL91rnfl2d.jpg

Kristie Gunderson Lee

http://kristieleeunsolvedmurder.tumblr.com/

It's been 26 years since the murder on 31 March 1994. The case is unsolved but her in-laws look like the culprits, not her husband or a stalker, window-peeper, or burglar. Interesting case. The Sun-Sentinel story from 1996 is still the best:
...............................WHO KILLED KRISTIE LEE?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back