1121 users online (259 members and 862 guests)  

Websleuths News

WI - Kathleen Thompson, 38, & Angelina Wall, 22, Eau Claire, 2000 & 2001

Kathleen Thompson was a 38 year old Eau Claire Wisconsin woman who was found murdered on February 26, 2000.

Angelina Wall was a 22 year old Eau Claire Wisconsin woman who was found murdered on January 6, 2001

There is so much info on this case I don't even know where to start. Yet so little. I am not to sure how to do this thread thing but hope that someone will take an interest so we can find justice for Kathleen Thompson and Angelina Wall.

A little background info
    Kathleen Thompson had gone to jail earlier in the night for a domestic fight with her husband who she had married that night. The husband was in jail at the time of the murder which leaves him out of this.
    She was released from the Eau Claire county jail at 3 AM and was walking home. The next morning she was found strangled. Kathleen's ex boyfriend and ex cop was found guilty of her murder and was later released from prison and his conviction was over turned.
    Angelina Wall was walking home from work and had never made it home. The next day her body was found along County J by Fall Creek Wisconsin. This is little info about Angelina's actual murder.

The scary part is that there is a lot of strong evidence to link these two murders to one Perp.

Both woman were walking home at late hours. Both were found strangled, both lived just blocks within each other, both were left by the side of the road, perp had at most three hours to murder the woman, both woman bras were pulled up and exposing their breast, both murders are still unsolved.
    However, Eau Claire police do not consider Kathleen Thompsan's murder unsolved and said they will investigate more if any new evidence comes foreword.

Can anyone please help me with these two murders please? I truly want justice for these woman. They deserve it. And IMHO these two murders are very solvable and are pretty much all ready solved...It is just a matter of getting LE to look more into these murders.

Kathleen Thompson's ex was found guilty of her murder and was later over turned due to the innocent program. A law student wrote up a very very good case for KT ex. It is long and takes some time to read but well worth it. This pretty much says it all. And I personally think this here solves the case.
    http://law.wisc.edu/fjr/clinicals/ip/zimmermanbrief.pdf

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/N...288101091.html

On Wednesday, Eau Claire County Sheriff Ron Cramer received a Priority-Mail box from the U.S. postal service with no markings on the box indicating where it came from. Inside the box was a handwritten message stating, “In Regards to Angelina Wall's Case.”

Inside the folder were several documents highlighting a specific individual's criminal and bankruptcy history. Cramer tells WEAU there was nothing that indicated a tie between the individual and the Wall case.

"Unless somebody explains why, it'll make it a little easier for us to assess the lead. This could be a great lead, or it could be something that doesn't pan out for us. We are intrigued. Somebody did a lot of work to get this here, and we believe it is legitimate. We just want to follow through with it," says Sheriff Cramer.

I lived three houses down from Angelina...I wish LE would do her justice. Tonight I see on the news LE wants the sender of these new documents to explain more. How about they be cops and FIGURE IT OUT?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dreampeddler View Post
    I lived three houses down from Angelina...I wish LE would do her justice. Tonight I see on the news LE wants the sender of these new documents to explain more. How about they be cops and FIGURE IT OUT?

It's not that easy. Unless they can establish a link, they have no reason to question this guy just based on his criminal or financial history. Anyone of us can send a note or call a tip line and say "My neighbor did it" but without any cause, LE can't just arrest someone. It will be especially difficult if it was some random perp and not someone with any link to the victim...they may never be able to figure it out.

I read an article recently in our local paper about the high crime in a nearby city. They have a lot of unsolved murders because people that know something won't come forward officially. They'll call tip lines and say "It was so-and-so" but without anything more than that, LE can't do anything. If just one witness would come forward and go on record with what they know or saw, then it would be different.

I see what you're saying...Thanks for that clarity...

I could not agree more, how ridiculous. "Oh thanks for the tip with 50% of the evidence, but i'm just not willing to do the legwork involved. I would like to ask that the sender forgo the anonymity of the situation by providing details of how and why this murder was committed. Until then, pass."

What a damn joke. Someone gives you evidence that important and valuable, and you act like it just "isnt enough" is so pathetic. Maybe we should hire an outside source (PI) and have them enjoy the same information, putting a hefty reward in the process for his services. Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by poppygirl View Post
    It's not that easy. Unless they can establish a link, they have no reason to question this guy just based on his criminal or financial history. Anyone of us can send a note or call a tip line and say "My neighbor did it" but without any cause, LE can't just arrest someone. It will be especially difficult if it was some random perp and not someone with any link to the victim...they may never be able to figure it out.

I read an article recently in our local paper about the high crime in a nearby city. They have a lot of unsolved murders because people that know something won't come forward officially. They'll call tip lines and say "It was so-and-so" but without anything more than that, LE can't do anything. If just one witness would come forward and go on record with what they know or saw, then it would be different.
    I doubt the information was that weak, considering how it made the paper and has been received as a substantial claim towards the guilty party. Ron's statement must just be horribly worded, if what you are saying is the case.

Eau Claire deals with DUIs...not cold cases which seems to be any murder case that isn't obvious...they're questioning if this info is worth looking into...well, why not?! It's all they've had for a long time...check out the POI...ugh...sorry for my frustrations...I've lived here a long time...I hope I'm never murdered here by a not obvious suspect...zero confidence in local LE on this level

And obviously I don't want to be murdered at all! But there is not a lot of creative thinking on the force in this area...

There's a limit to how much investigating they can do if they don't have reason to suspect the person's involvement. They can't go hassling somebody just because a neighbor thinks they might have committed a crime. They have to have probable cause to get a search warrant to look at cell phone records, financial records, or anything like that.

I'm not sure they can legally read the information that was sent to them without a warrant?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Interesting...never thought of that about a warrant?

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/1...vice=phone&c=y

I want to see this murderer cought so bad!!! Can't believe its been so long ago now.

eau claire unsolved murders

Quote Originally Posted by giagreen View Post
    http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/1...vice=phone&c=y

I want to see this murderer cought so bad!!! Can't believe its been so long ago now.
    i know whos responsible for both of these murders and i told the eau claire pd if i could get permission to get one guy out of prison and him not be charged i could get him to testify against the others