WI WI - Kathleen Thompson, 38, & Angelina Wall, 22, Eau Claire, 2000 & 2001

Vivalor

Former Member
Reaction score
Kathleen Thompson was a 38 year old Eau Claire Wisconsin woman who was found murdered on February 26, 2000.

Angelina Wall was a 22 year old Eau Claire Wisconsin woman who was found murdered on January 6, 2001

There is so much info on this case I don't even know where to start. Yet so little. I am not to sure how to do this thread thing but hope that someone will take an interest so we can find justice for Kathleen Thompson and Angelina Wall.

A little background info
Kathleen Thompson had gone to jail earlier in the night for a domestic fight with her husband who she had married that night. The husband was in jail at the time of the murder which leaves him out of this.
She was released from the Eau Claire county jail at 3 AM and was walking home. The next morning she was found strangled. Kathleen's ex boyfriend and ex cop was found guilty of her murder and was later released from prison and his conviction was over turned.
Angelina Wall was walking home from work and had never made it home. The next day her body was found along County J by Fall Creek Wisconsin. This is little info about Angelina's actual murder.

The scary part is that there is a lot of strong evidence to link these two murders to one Perp.

Both woman were walking home at late hours. Both were found strangled, both lived just blocks within each other, both were left by the side of the road, perp had at most three hours to murder the woman, both woman bras were pulled up and exposing their breast, both murders are still unsolved.
However, Eau Claire police do not consider Kathleen Thompsan's murder unsolved and said they will investigate more if any new evidence comes foreword.

Can anyone please help me with these two murders please? I truly want justice for these woman. They deserve it. And IMHO these two murders are very solvable and are pretty much all ready solved...It is just a matter of getting LE to look more into these murders.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/...Sheriff-Cramer-seeks-more-info-288101091.html

On Wednesday, Eau Claire County Sheriff Ron Cramer received a Priority-Mail box from the U.S. postal service with no markings on the box indicating where it came from. Inside the box was a handwritten message stating, “In Regards to Angelina Wall's Case.”

Inside the folder were several documents highlighting a specific individual's criminal and bankruptcy history. Cramer tells WEAU there was nothing that indicated a tie between the individual and the Wall case.

"Unless somebody explains why, it'll make it a little easier for us to assess the lead. This could be a great lead, or it could be something that doesn't pan out for us. We are intrigued. Somebody did a lot of work to get this here, and we believe it is legitimate. We just want to follow through with it," says Sheriff Cramer.

I lived three houses down from Angelina...I wish LE would do her justice. Tonight I see on the news LE wants the sender of these new documents to explain more. How about they be cops and FIGURE IT OUT?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I lived three houses down from Angelina...I wish LE would do her justice. Tonight I see on the news LE wants the sender of these new documents to explain more. How about they be cops and FIGURE IT OUT?

It's not that easy. Unless they can establish a link, they have no reason to question this guy just based on his criminal or financial history. Anyone of us can send a note or call a tip line and say "My neighbor did it" but without any cause, LE can't just arrest someone. It will be especially difficult if it was some random perp and not someone with any link to the victim...they may never be able to figure it out.

I read an article recently in our local paper about the high crime in a nearby city. They have a lot of unsolved murders because people that know something won't come forward officially. They'll call tip lines and say "It was so-and-so" but without anything more than that, LE can't do anything. If just one witness would come forward and go on record with what they know or saw, then it would be different.

I could not agree more, how ridiculous. "Oh thanks for the tip with 50% of the evidence, but i'm just not willing to do the legwork involved. I would like to ask that the sender forgo the anonymity of the situation by providing details of how and why this murder was committed. Until then, pass."

What a damn joke. Someone gives you evidence that important and valuable, and you act like it just "isnt enough" is so pathetic. Maybe we should hire an outside source (PI) and have them enjoy the same information, putting a hefty reward in the process for his services. Weak.

It's not that easy. Unless they can establish a link, they have no reason to question this guy just based on his criminal or financial history. Anyone of us can send a note or call a tip line and say "My neighbor did it" but without any cause, LE can't just arrest someone. It will be especially difficult if it was some random perp and not someone with any link to the victim...they may never be able to figure it out.

I read an article recently in our local paper about the high crime in a nearby city. They have a lot of unsolved murders because people that know something won't come forward officially. They'll call tip lines and say "It was so-and-so" but without anything more than that, LE can't do anything. If just one witness would come forward and go on record with what they know or saw, then it would be different.

I doubt the information was that weak, considering how it made the paper and has been received as a substantial claim towards the guilty party. Ron's statement must just be horribly worded, if what you are saying is the case.

Eau Claire deals with DUIs...not cold cases which seems to be any murder case that isn't obvious...they're questioning if this info is worth looking into...well, why not?! It's all they've had for a long time...check out the POI...ugh...sorry for my frustrations...I've lived here a long time...I hope I'm never murdered here by a not obvious suspect...zero confidence in local LE on this level

And obviously I don't want to be murdered at all! But there is not a lot of creative thinking on the force in this area...

There's a limit to how much investigating they can do if they don't have reason to suspect the person's involvement. They can't go hassling somebody just because a neighbor thinks they might have committed a crime. They have to have probable cause to get a search warrant to look at cell phone records, financial records, or anything like that.

I'm not sure they can legally read the information that was sent to them without a warrant?

Would you be interested in talking aboutthis for aproject I'm starting on this case?

Would you be interested in talking aboutthis for aproject I'm starting on this case?

I new both victims. I was born and raised here. I know the area of where they were picked up and dropped like the back of my hand. I know for a fact a suspect police do have. I'd be more then happy to help. I have a wealth of information on this case along with a profile of the killer I had done by a profiler I had reached out to here named Peter who is now actually on the ID channel profiling. But at the very least I could shead some light on who these woman were to give them some honor well we wait for their justice.

COLD CASE: Angelina Wall's mother continues searching for daughter's killer
Jun 18, 2018

VIDEO
"Lori says officials believe Angelina was taken against her will a few blocks from her home, however there’s a five hour span of time where investigators aren’t sure what happened.

Angelina’s body was found along rural Highway J near Fall Creek. She had been strangled. Eau Claire County Sheriff Ron Cramer is the only investigator left who was at the scene when Angelina's body was found. The investigation has gone on for years with no answers, even a lead as recently as last year didn't pan out. "The person that grabbed on to her, I don't think knew her. I think it was a random act of violence her and only theory is it could have been a transient individual that came through Eau Claire,” said Cramer."

He believes had the killer been local, the person would have been caught by now. “For Lori's sake we'd love to close this thing out and make that phone call and say we've made an arrest and we have a confession," said Cramer.

Lori says she doesn’t want her daughter to be forgotten.”

I believe this case can be solved and I believe LE knows the truth and is withholding the information. Families deserve closure.

Facebook Ana Mis

Cold case 20 year anniversary: Mother desperate for closure

EAU CLAIRE COUNTY (WQOW) - It's a cold case that's been on the mind of deputies at the Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office since 2001: the murder of Angelina Wall.

Wednesday will be 20 years since 22-year-old Angelina Wall of Eau Claire was found on the side of County Highway J in Fall Creek.

"How can somebody do this to anybody? How can they do this to my daughter?" asked Lori Bednarczyk, Angelina's mom.

The Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office believes Angelina was abducted while walking home from her job at McDonald's on Hastings Way in Eau Claire and was later murdered on January 6, 2001.

"We believe it wasn't just one person. We believe several people because there was a struggle on that street and she had stopped at a local gas station on Birch Street. Bought a doughnut. That doughnut was found at an intersection," said Ron Cramer, sheriff of the Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff Cramer and his office have followed leads as far as Milwaukee and New York, but they're hoping DNA technology can now help crack the case.

"We've had some suspects that for whatever reason, we have not been able to develop enough on the individual or we're waiting for that next DNA hit to come up," Cramer said.

Bednarczyk last saw her daughter for Christmas just weeks before Angelina was murdered.

"I miss playing cards with her," she said between tears. "I miss the times we'd spend together. Everything."

Bednarczyk is angry about her daughter's death and feels she didn't deserve this.

"She wouldn't have ever hurt a thing! She was a good girl. She loved her family. She loved her church. She loved her Bible."

She says her health is failing and wants her daughter's killer brought to justice before she dies.

"You have no idea what it takes to do this, but I'll fight for her until the day I die," Bednarczyk said.

Her mom decorates her headstone in Minnesota on Angelina's birthday, every holiday and even the anniversary of when her body was found.

Sheriff Cramer says they know how Angelina died through an autopsy, but have not released that information to the public to not compromise the investigation.

If you have information regarding the case, call the Sheriff's Office at 715-839-4709 or Crime Stoppers at 715-874-TIPS. All tips through Crime Stoppers are anonymous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back