919 users online (106 members and 813 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

Missing- Catherine Todd, 48 years, of Kitchener- Foul play suspectedMar 24, 2013

Last seen Monday, March 18,2013

She is described as being a white female, approx. 5'1", 115 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes.

As a result of evidence found at her home, police now believe she is the victim of foul play.

http://www.wrps.on.ca/missing-person...play-suspected
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

Seems she was last seen March 18th
    Reported missing March 20th

Heard it on the news last night

I haven't looked for updates yet
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

In addition, investigators are looking for a small loveseat that may be covered with a sheet or blanket that is missing from Todd's apartment. It is described as being cream coloured, with tweed material and a cut in the right side.

http://www.wrps.on.ca/missing-person...play-suspected

Rosemadderlake

Yundt said when he knew Todd as a young woman, she was a talented musician with a lot of promise.

“She used to play all over the place. She was really good. She could sing and play by ear,” he said.

Her career in music, in which she launched her own teaching business for piano, violin and accordion students in Waterloo in 2003, slowed to a halt. Those who knew her in more recent years say she didn’t work and may have had health problems.

Investigators are also focusing on reports of a pickup truck seen near Todd’s apartment at 50 Lorraine Ave. on Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

Homicide detectives are leading the investigation.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/...-known-pianist

Rosemadderlake

Forensic officers were part of a heavy police presence in the Stanley Park neighbourhood Monday. Officers were seen rooting through garbage dumpsters in the nearby area, looking for any information that point lead them to Todd or the cream-coloured loveseat that also went missing from her apartment.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/search-f...ments-7.381460

Rosemadderlake

Her apartment building

Rosemadderlake

1990s

Rosemadderlake

Not much to is mentioned in this case... reminds a bit of the
    Kathleen Haley, 37, Newport News, 1 Sept 2012 case where things are missing from her apartment, as well as her dog.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...184148&page=11

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Not much to is mentioned in this case... reminds a bit of the
    Kathleen Haley, 37, Newport News, 1 Sept 2012 case where things are missing from her apartment, as well as her dog.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...184148&page=11
    Hoping for more.......

Rosemadderlake

Now 25 officers are now on this case including 10 from the homicide branch. All of them are trying to solve Todds’ disappearance.

Kraus says “Everybody's worried now what's happening a lot of people tell me it doesn't feel that safe here anymore.”

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-s...oman-1.1208402

Rosemadderlake

It appears she suffered injuries as a result of her disappearance,” said police spokesperson Insp. Kevin Thaler.

It’s not clear how severe Todd’s suspected injuries may have been.

“At this time, we can’t rule out that she’s alive somewhere,” Thaler said.
    Todd lives alone with her dog, an older Jack Russell terrier, in a second-floor apartment of the low-rise building that she moved into in December.
    The dog was found unattended without food or water in Todd’s apartment days after she was last seen or heard from, according to the building’s superintendent, Otto Kraut.

Kraut said Todd’s boyfriend told him that the woman was reported missing.

He (the boyfriend) had not been in the apartment for three days, since Sunday evening,” Kraut said, recalling their conversation. “This was Wednesday evening he found the dog there and it was quite messy there because the dog hadn’t been out for days. He also told me that the door had been ajar. The door was not even closed.”

“The dog was her life … I don’t think she would have left that dog behind,” Kraut said.

Police said Todd’s disappearance was reported by an acquaintance, but did not confirm if she had a boyfriend.
    http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/lo...itchener-woman
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Police suspect foul play in disappearance of Kitchener woman

Kraut said it would be difficult to move a piece of furniture from the building, which does not have an elevator, and that two people would have been needed.

Police also received reports that a pickup truck was seen in the area on Tuesday or Wednesday morning around 9 a.m.

“The focus remains on trying to determine a timeline surrounding her disappearance and trying to locate or identify a pickup truck that was reported in the area,” Thaler said.

He added that information is being sought about any occupants of the vehicle.
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

This is my neck of the woods. I'm saddened to see this story has already lost its spot on the front page of The Record, replaced by mayor Rob Ford's latest douchebaggery.

The woman could still be out there alive somewhere, waiting for help. I fear the next article I read will be about finding her body

Kind of local too

I looked around this morning....... seems to be a rehash of yesterdays news

Rosemadderlake

No elevator

Over the balcony?

I can't imagine anyone carrying a love seat down a flight of stairs without someone hearing something..

Rosemadderlake

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast