MD - Nicole Burgess, 37, stabbed to death, Davidsonville, 22 March 2013

fhc

Reaction score
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/03/woman-found-dead-in-davidsonville-home-86579.html

Anne Arundel County Police ruled Nicole Burgess' death a homicide and worked late into the night gathering evidence at the Royale Glen Court home.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/cr..._crime/woman-and-dog-killed-in-murder-mystery

"This is an unusual incident for that particular neighborhood and certainly the circumstances surrounding these deaths were very odd; having this female deceased, also the dog inside the residence as well."
An unusual circumstance that has police leaving no stone unturned as they search for who killed Nicole Burgess and her dog.

***My attention was brought to this case by her mother posting sympathies on Robin Pope's Help FB and mentioning Nicole's case. How sad for her, too.

2 cases in nice MD neighborhoods where their dogs died, too. Odd

Photo here: http://www.kalasfuneralhomes.com/sitemaker/sites/George2/obit.cgi?user=955777Burgess

Prayers to Nicole's family...I don't know what is going on in this world!!!

I am interested in this case (well, both cases actually) because I live in the same county. I thought the coincidences with the dogs was rather strange too. I am hoping we hear more about both crimes... so far, it's been very quiet.

i have a pit rescue and recently separated. i refer to him as my "shot gun with teeth". he sleeps on my bed and i feel is protects me and my kids. thus this story frightens me thinking if someone wanted to harm me and knew about my dog they'd be prepared to take him out first. if they didn't know about him theyd be in deep doo doo

I am interested in this case (well, both cases actually) because I live in the same county. I thought the coincidences with the dogs was rather strange too. I am hoping we hear more about both crimes... so far, it's been very quiet.

Woah woah woah. These women lived in the same county?

i have a pit rescue and recently separated. i refer to him as my "shot gun with teeth". he sleeps on my bed and i feel is protects me and my kids. thus this story frightens me thinking if someone wanted to harm me and knew about my dog they'd be prepared to take him out first. if they didn't know about him theyd be in deep doo doo

I have 2 dogs, 1 of which takes his role of security guard a bit too seriously. He patrols the perimeter of the yard, plants himself in various spots thru out the day just looking. Not a bird, a squirrel, a neighbor doing yard work or girlscout selling cookies will pass without alerting the entire neighborhood to the possible threat and a thorough sniff. If all is safe he will reward himself by knocking over the kitchen trash can. I've always felt pretty safe... Not so much right now though :(

I misspoke... Robin Pope lived in Queen Anne's County, which is across the Bay Bridge. Nicole Burgess lived in Anne Arundel County. I am in Anne Arundel County and used to work within 5 miles of her home. Each County faces the other with the Bay Bridge separating them. Robin Pope's Great Dane was found deceased first, a fisherman found her body 4 (?) days later along the water's edge. Nicole Burgess' dog was a pit bull mix. Both of these incidents happened within the same week. No one has mentioned the deaths are related. Robin Pope was last seen by her estranged husband when she came to get some of her belongings. Nicole Burgess was found inside of her home and was found by friends. The only similarity is both womens' dogs were found dead.

I misspoke... Robin Pope lived in Queen Anne's County, which is across the Bay Bridge. Nicole Burgess lived in Anne Arundel County. I am in Anne Arundel County and used to work within 5 miles of her home. Each County faces the other with the Bay Bridge separating them. Robin Pope's Great Dane was found deceased first, a fisherman found her body 4 (?) days later along the water's edge. Nicole Burgess' dog was a pit bull mix. Both of these incidents happened within the same week. No one has mentioned the deaths are related. Robin Pope was last seen by her estranged husband when she came to get some of her belongings. Nicole Burgess was found inside of her home and was found by friends. The only similarity is both womens' dogs were found dead.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. Still a little disconcerting for locals im sure!

my pit is a pussy cat if he knows you BUT regardless if he perceived you were hurting me or my kids all bets would be off.

do we have any personal relationship details on Nicki?

i find it hard to imagine a random rapist would not run for their lives if confronted by an impressive dog.

I've been following Robin Pope's case and when I saw this, I thought about it --- a woman and her dog. However, they appear to be very different crimes. There was no outward trauma to Robin or Bella who were not found in the home, but Nicole and her dog were both stabbed and left in the home.

So sad in both cases... :(

I wonder if they are related.

Still nothing in the news about either of these cases. Although the rumor mill says that Robin Pope's estranged husband had something to do with her death. As for Nicole, I have not heard anything at all about her personal life, except that she was an interior designer.

Wow... still nothing in the news. I am sure LE is working diligently on this, but I sure wish they would let us know what is going on!! Apparently neighbors aren't talking to the media. :moo:

It's been almost a month since any news has been posted by the media. Wondering what is going on behind the scenes with this case...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back