GUILTY MI - Jean-Claude Toviave for child slavery, abuse, Ypsilanti, 2011

Reader

Reaction score
http://centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<DA587JO03@news.ap.org>&ps=931&_LT=MNEW_LARSDCCL2_UNEWS

DETROIT (AP) — A former tennis pro accused of fraudulently bringing four children from the African nation of Togo to the U.S. and forcing them to work as slaves in his Michigan home was sentenced Monday to more than 11 years in federal prison.

Jean-Claude Toviave, who didn't apologize when provided the opportunity to speak at his sentencing hearing in Detroit, also was ordered to pay two of the children $60,000 each............

"I can't get a read on you," Tarnow told Toviave. "I can't tell if you understand what you did was really wrong."...........

In a court filing, prosecutors said the 6-foot-3, 230-pound Toviave, who was a tennis pro in Togo until 1990, "savagely" beat the children if their chores weren't finished or completed to his satisfaction.

One victim said he suffered permanent damage to his vision and persistent headaches tied to an episode in which Toviave kicked him and punched him in the face.

More at link....

So according to the article his lawyer said his sentence was as tough as they come. I'm all for letting someone double his size beat him and mistreat him as long as he did those children. Bet then he would realize that punishment isn't anywhere near as tough as it comes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee