CANADA Canada - Andria Meise, 27, Kelowna, BC, 2006

airplanelamp

Reaction score
Apparently the last confirmed sighting of Andria was in 2006 but there was an unconfirmed sighting in 2008. They seem to be using the 2008 date as her last seen date, but I worry that will confuse ID if in fact the 2008 sighting was not her.

She is JUST now being reported missing. :(

Kelowna is located in British Columbia, Canada a couple hours from the Washington border.

http://www.albertapolicereport.com/...y-in-grande-prairie-remains-missing/#more-357

The Kelowna RCMP are continuing the search for a 34 year old Kelowna woman who was believed to be last seen in 2008.

Andria Lucille MEISE apparently left Kelowna in 2006 to relocate to Fort St John, BC. This was the last time any of her family heard from her until a family member saw her in a Tim Horton's Restaurant in Grande Prairie, Alberta in 2008. Unfortunately, the family member who saw her was not aware that Andria was missing and did not make contact or confirm it was her. While she resided in Kelowna, Andria lived a high risk lifestyle, cycling in and out of substance abuse but she always maintained contact with her family and always made them aware whenever she was moving.

Missing Person: Andria Lucille MEISEAndria was last known to be living on the 8500 block of 85th Avenue in Fort St John, BC but was known to frequent Vancouver, Kelowna, Dawson Creek, Grand Prairie and Calgary. It is believed that she moved to Calgary sometime in mid-2008.

Andria is described as:

Native but Caucasian in appearance
5'8" and 135lbs
Brown hair and brown eyes

So she has been missing for 5-7 years and just now being reported. I wonder if it is because LE wouldn't take her missing seriously or if it was the family not reporting her.

woman_p1672293.jpg

When they refer to her as 34, I assume that 34 is the age she would be now. That in 2006 she would have been about 27.

The information on this case seems to have changed and expanded in the last 2 years. See http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ab/news-nouvelles/archives/2014/140625-gp-andria-meise-eng.htm for the current RCMP appeal. It gives aliases (Andria Woodhouse, and Andi or Angie) and moves the last sighting to 2010 in Grande Prairie. It also suggests she is 5ft 11ins rather than the 5'8" previously reported.

Thanks for the update.

140625-gp-andria-meise.jpg

Andria was originally reported missing to Kelowna RCMP in November 2012. Further investigation revealed that Andria was last seen sometime between July and September 2010, by a family member, in the downtown Grande Prairie area. At that time, she indicated that she may travel to Prince George.

Andria is described as Caucasian in appearance but having an aboriginal heritage, 5 feet 11 inches tall and approximately 135lbs, having brown eyes and shoulder length dark brown hair.

SEARCH CONTINUES FOR MISSING WOMAN 10 YEARS LATER

It may have been 10 years since Andria Meise went missing, but the search for her has never stopped. She was reported missing by her family in Kelowna, B.C. in 2012, and at one point it was thought she had been spotted in Grande Prairie in 2010.

However, the RCMP investigation has found that she was likely last seen in the area in 2008.

“RCMP continue to actively investigate this file and have followed up on numerous pieces of information reported over the years,” says Constable Melanie McIntosh. “Police believe that someone knows more about Andria’s disappearance and urge anyone with information relating to this incident to please contact Grande Prairie RCMP Detachment.”

[...]

https://www.mygrandeprairienow.com/39393/search-continues-for-missing-woman-10-years-later/

I am Andria' sister and I would just like to say that, my younger sister and I tried for years to get a case open on Andria and yet the RCMP never took us serious.... they told us they "weren't going to waste their resources on someone like her" so we just kept on fighting until FINALLY in 2012 one of the police officers took us seriously and opened a case, but we fear that it taking so long to get them to do something now we may never find answers but I will NEVER stop searching!

Andria would be 41 now, and unlike many reports say .... she was last seen in grande prairie Alberta in 2008, This is also the year and place where all paper trails end for her, someone knows something about what has happened to her and we just want her back so please, please keep sharing, I know it has been a long time (11 years) but I will never stop fighting to find her and to find answers on what has happened to her.

Sorry, problems with uploading picture.

Last edited:
rbbm.
https://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered/mmiw/profiles/andria-lucille-meise
''Danielle says Andria was always working — often as a server or housecleaner. But when her addiction picked up she worked in the sex trade. She says her sister worried that something bad might happen.''

“When you’re kind of living that lifestyle it’s a daily thing. Just being native and being female you know, anything could happen at any time,” said Danielle.

“I was her spotter for three years to where I would take license plates of the dates, write down the time and the place where she was picked up and when she was supposed to be dropped off. But there was times where she’d refuse people because she had a weird feeling about them or she’d be returned with bruises on her face, or things like that.”

''It was somewhere between June and September 2010 in Grande Prairie, Alta. when an uncle saw Andria at a Tim Hortons. This is the last report of anyone seeing her.''

rbbm.
''Danielle says Andria was always working — often as a server or housecleaner. But when her addiction picked up she worked in the sex trade. She says her sister worried that something bad might happen.''

“When you’re kind of living that lifestyle it’s a daily thing. Just being native and being female you know, anything could happen at any time,” said Danielle.

“I was her spotter for three years to where I would take license plates of the dates, write down the time and the place where she was picked up and when she was supposed to be dropped off. But there was times where she’d refuse people because she had a weird feeling about them or she’d be returned with bruises on her face, or things like that.”

''It was somewhere between June and September 2010 in Grande Prairie, Alta. when an uncle saw Andria at a Tim Hortons. This is the last report of anyone seeing her.''

The 2008 vs 2010 last seeing keeps coming up. Upthread Andria's sister says she was last seen in 2008. In this article again the 2010 last seeing comes up. It looks like the media quoted the sister on this. I'm confused now.

Sometimes I need a visual. This is the area where Andria lived, traveled to and was seen. Please correct me when I made a mistake. From a diversity of sometimes conflicting sources upthread and added. As you can see below there are serious problems establishing a timeline and therefore finding her or her remains being a huge area.
  • Was known to frequent Vancouver, Kelowna, Dawson Creek, Grand Prairie and Calgary
  • 1978, May 16 Born in Dawson Creek, B.C. and raised in Kelowna, BC
  • 2006 lived in Kelowna, BC
  • 2006 left Kelowna, BC. to relocate to Fort St John, BC.
  • 2008 left Kelowna and was known to move between Dawson Creek and Fort St. John.
  • Last known to be living on the 8500 block of 85th Avenue in Fort St John, BC.
  • 2008 The year and place where all paper trails end for her (per her sister)
  • 2008 (or 2010!) family member saw her in a Tim Horton's Restaurant in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
  • 2008, sometime in mid. It is believed that she moved to Calgary.
  • 2010! sometime between July and September. Possibly seen by a family member (uncle), in the downtown Grande Prairie area. At that time, she indicated that she may travel to Prince George.
  • 2012 After been turned down many times (first try 2006, per sister) family managed to file a missing person report with RCMP

Attachments

• area Andria Meise.JPG
    area Andria Meise.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1
Sometimes I need a visual. This is the area where Andria lived, traveled to and was seen. Please correct me when I made a mistake. From a diversity of sometimes conflicting sources upthread and added. As you can see below there are serious problems establishing a timeline and therefore finding her or her remains being a huge area.
  • Was known to frequent Vancouver, Kelowna, Dawson Creek, Grand Prairie and Calgary
  • 1978, May 16 Born in Dawson Creek, B.C. and raised in Kelowna, BC
  • 2006 lived in Kelowna, BC
  • 2006 left Kelowna, BC. to relocate to Fort St John, BC.
  • 2008 left Kelowna and was known to move between Dawson Creek and Fort St. John.
  • Last known to be living on the 8500 block of 85th Avenue in Fort St John, BC.
  • 2008 The year and place where all paper trails end for her (per her sister)
  • 2008 (or 2010!) family member saw her in a Tim Horton's Restaurant in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
  • 2008, sometime in mid. It is believed that she moved to Calgary.
  • 2010! sometime between July and September. Possibly seen by a family member (uncle), in the downtown Grande Prairie area. At that time, she indicated that she may travel to Prince George.
  • 2012 After been turned down many times (first try 2006, per sister) family managed to file a missing person report with RCMP
Thinking of Andria and her loved ones. I wonder if somebody from the family has found other pictures of her in the mean time. Does she have tattoos, other distinguishing marks (moles, scars f.i.)? How were her teeth? Did she gave birth? Wearing specific jewelry?

Could she have traveled abroad, to the USA?

There is so little to know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back