Dude, where's my cat? CAT-NAV technology helps you keep tabs on tabbies via Google

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The secret life of your pet revealed: Owner develops 'cat nav' device
which tracks wandering felines' progress by mapping it on Google
(Daily Mail)
---
Now cat owners can find out exactly what their pets have been up to thanks to a new tracking device dubbed ‘Cat Nav’ .
---
Father-of-two Dave Evans developed an ultra-light GPS which fixes to the pet’s collar and records where it has been.

When the animal returns home the information is downloaded via a USB cable direct to a website which reveals its secret life on Google Earth satellite images.

Mr Evans, 41, said the weatherproof tracker, weighing just 15g, will cost £50 and can be used for cats and dogs.

He said: 'Yollo was getting fat even though I was feeding him less and I needed to know what was going on.
---
'I know he enjoys chasing chickens at 6am every morning and can see his favourite hangouts.

'The tracker will provide answers for other cat users if Tiddles is playing away or simply show where they go when they’re out on the tiles.'
---
much more at the link above including a picture of Yollo and his cat nav device, in which he does not look particularly thrilled about the technology

My cat is at home.
I don't need a tracking device to tell me that.

Did you see how far that cat traveled in a three hour period? It may be getting fat, but it is getting lots of exercise!

Interesting concept. I have quite a few kitties and live in a very rural area and would love to see how far they wander. My inlaws used to report seeing my Willie (black and white tuxedo kitty) up by their house half a mile away from ours, chasing chickens and leaving paw-prints on their truck.

So I finally marked Willie with a green marker (on his white patches of fur) just so I could be sure it was MY cat that was being charged with the crime. Willie was a traveler, he actually liked riding in the truck with me and rode the 4 wheeler too, dangdest things I'd ever seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back