Identified! TX - Fort Worth, HispFem UP11361, 21-35, in shallow grave, Mar'13-Ilsy Barrios Monterroso

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ID work under way on skeletal remains of woman found in Fort Worth

FORT WORTH -- Homicide investigators are trying to identify a woman whose skeletal remains were found last week in a shallow grave in west Fort Worth.

A work crew called police the morning of March 20 after finding what they believed was a human skull in a wooded area where they were working, according to homicide Sgt. Cheryl Johnson.

The area is north of the 7300 block of Calmont Avenue and west of Alta Mere Drive.

She said the remains are believed to be that of a possibly Hispanic or Asian woman, age 20 to 45, and about 5-foot to 5-foot-5-inches tall with a small frame. The woman appears to have had a square chin and extremely long, wavy brown hair that may have measured to her waist.

Based on the condition of the remains, she said the woman may have been missing anywhere from six months to five years.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/03/28/4734883/id-work-under-way-on-skeletal.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting I watch the local like a hawk, and I have not seen one single mention of this, Good looking out CarlK! Guess I'm off to check out TXDPS to see if we have any matches, I always have the overwhelming feeling when a female is found in the woods it was the hubby or the boyfriend! I have no idea why but first thing that comes to mind is; Woods , Spouse, not reported missing!

Kristen Charbonneau went missing in 2005, not sure if that would be too old given the time frame mentioned above.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/charbonneau_kristen.html
charbonneau_kristen.jpg
charbonneau_kristen2.jpg

Kristen Charbonneau went missing in 2005, not sure if that would be too old given the time frame mentioned above.
Oh wow you are so right , she had really long hair too, she worked in a club in Ft worth IIRC and that was the last sighting I believe!!!!!

Oh wow you are so right , she had really long hair too, she worked in a club in Ft worth IIRC and that was the last sighting I believe!!!!!

The location where the remains were found is at least 15 miles from the location where she went missing.

Kristin is probably on their radar already, but I went ahead and left a message with the Fort Worth homicide detectives just in case she is not.

there is a Hispanic woman missing from the area since 2007..Carman Mares is 5 '4 with long brown hair and brown eyes 125 pounds..could be a match too

there is a Hispanic woman missing from the area since 2007..Carman Mares is 5 '4 with long brown hair and brown eyes 125 pounds..could be a match too

do you know her name HOGWASH?

I need to actually READ , don't I !!!!!

Carmen is actually missing from San Antonio, Kristen is a very close match and location is about right Does anyone know where the suspect DM lived in Ft. worth?

Carman is missing from San Antonio. About 300 miles apart.

Investigators now believe the remains are that of a 21-35 year-old, Hispanic female. The subject stood roughly 4-foot-9 to 5-foot-4 and had layered, long wavy brown hair. A dental analysis shows the woman has a “bridge involving the three teeth of the front right incisors and canine. It is composed of porcelain/non-precious metal.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/08/profile-developed-for-discovered-human-remains-in-fort-worth/

It appears death occurred in the fall of 2012, but could have occurred any time between October 2012 and early 2013.

Just some added information for those interested.

I drive past this place (and have been for nearly 15 years) every day going home from work. The crew was doing pipe work on a service road to I-30. I don't know if they uncovered the remains that near the road or not. There is about a 2-3 acre area just behind the frontage road that has trees and dense brush. I suspect one of the workers probably went into that area during a break to relieve themselves and discovered the remains.

Adjacent to this property is a motel. It is a privately owned (i.e., non-chain) hotel. Part of the parking lot to the motel goes right to the area I suspect the remains are.

What this means is that it is possible that the location, next to a hotel along a major interstate, means that the missing woman doesn't necessarily have to be local to Fort Worth. She could have been a hitchhiker picked up by a trucker. So, the area to look for missing people could stretch from I-20 to the east (I-30 starts just west of Fort Worth when I-20 branches off to go to Shreveport; I-30 goes east up to Little Rock and connects to I-40. I-20 goes west and connects to I-10 outside of El Paso.

So, she could be from anywhere from basically LA to Chicago since I-30 connects I-20 and I-40.

...Adjacent to this property is a motel. It is a privately owned (i.e., non-chain) hotel. Part of the parking lot to the motel goes right to the area I suspect the remains are.

What this means is that it is possible that the location, next to a hotel along a major interstate, means that the missing woman doesn't necessarily have to be local to Fort Worth. She could have been a hitchhiker picked up by a trucker. So, the area to look for missing people could stretch from I-20 to the east (I-30 starts just west of Fort Worth when I-20 branches off to go to Shreveport; I-30 goes east up to Little Rock and connects to I-40. I-20 goes west and connects to I-10 outside of El Paso.

So, she could be from anywhere from basically LA to Chicago since I-30 connects I-20 and I-40.

Or it could mean that some husband and wife had an altercation while staying at the motel, and he killed her there and took her body to the most convenient area available.

... in which case, she probably would not be reported missing unless her parents or siblings started wondering what happened to her.

Just some added information for those interested.

I drive past this place (and have been for nearly 15 years) every day going home from work. The crew was doing pipe work on a service road to I-30. I don't know if they uncovered the remains that near the road or not. There is about a 2-3 acre area just behind the frontage road that has trees and dense brush. I suspect one of the workers probably went into that area during a break to relieve themselves and discovered the remains.

Adjacent to this property is a motel. It is a privately owned (i.e., non-chain) hotel. Part of the parking lot to the motel goes right to the area I suspect the remains are.

Does it appear to you this is a motel where seasonal/transient workers stay? I grew up in Dallas and I know there are a lot of motels along I-20 and I-30 where people live, as opposed to travelers just stopping off for the night.

Yes, it does look like the more inexpensive type of motel. It is in a decent part of town and one doesn't hear of crimes in that area like you do with motels located in other areas of town. It is a fairly large motel with about 200 rooms over two different buildings, each with two stories. There used to be a popular night club on the premises, but it was razed prior to the time frame that authorities speculate this had occurred.

I'll see if I can google map a picture and capture it for you.

The proximity to a busy highway would seem to indicate they did this at night to avoid detection. If the culprit was digging in the past 8 months, it would explain a shallow grave: it's been hot and dry and the ground would not be easy to dig into.

The age range given strikes me as young for someone with bridge work already. I'm sure it happens, but it can't be all that common.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back