Patsy Ramsey is reportedly very ill.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I rarely post rumors but I think this one deserves some looking into.

I have heard from several sources that Patsy is very ill. Supposedly her cancer has progressed.

If I am wrong I hope someone tells me because this is a very unsettling bit of information to post. I wish Patsy no ill will. No one should have to suffer from cancer.

If it is true and Patsy truly believes her religion, then she needs to confess to get to the highest heaven. Confession is her only hope.

I honestly hope I am wrong.

Thanks for bringing this news to the boards. It's very sad, but I guess it was inevitable that we would hear this news one day. As we say here, Patsy has had "a good innings" following her diagnosis in 1993. I suppose she has enjoyed a better quality of health than she or any of her family expected. I have often puzzled when Ramsey supporters suggest that it was the stress and strain of JonBenet's death and Borg acusations that made Patsy's cancer return. I think the opposite. I actually wonder if dealing with JonBenet's murder and all the aftermath has provided Patsy with a strength to fight the disease off this long.

I'm waiting to be sure. I just know "the good die young" and the bad may still be revealed. Terrible knowledge may very well manifest itself in sickness. Let's hope this woman can face her life with an openness we all might aspire to.

"Go not gently into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
--Dylan Thomas

I'm convinced Patsy did not kill JonBenet. However, she has obviously been covering up for someone very close to her. Patsy likely knows who killed her daughter, but there would be no motive for her to reveal what she knows. She hopes the truth will never be known.

I wish her well, and hope she recovers. In the event of a fatal relapse, and if her religion is as strong as she suggests, then historically she would not be the first to recant and confess, full of grief, desiring repentance, and a cleansing of the soul. So dont be surprised if you read about a death-bed confession ...

Not saying that Burke was involved in the death, but IF he were....do you think it's possible that on Patsy's deathbed she may (falsely) confess so that there would never be any suspicion surrounding Burke? That would forever lay to rest the speculation.

BlueCrab said:
I'm convinced Patsy did not kill JonBenet. However, she has obviously been covering up for someone very close to her. Patsy likely knows who killed her daughter, but there would be no motive for her to reveal what she knows. She hopes the truth will never be known.

I agree BC Patsy knows who killed JB. After years of doubt, I believe that Patsy wrote the note. I bet whoever killed JB wants Pats to die too!

Nehemiah, good one. Who but you would have thought of that her possibly taking the rap for Burke? I think it was someone with gov't immunity, who's cunning enough to play all these people against each other w/out their even knowing who he is, possibly. Maybe a corrupt spy, one reason we didn't get warned before 9-11 and some woman has written a book about the agency's failings. Probably lots of people have written about it?

About confessing, I think Patsy's involved enough in her theology to know you only have to confess to God. But where can we check this rumor? Do you happen to know Where did it originate, Trisha?

She can't confess and leave John or others holding the Aiding and Abbetting bag because if one thing is for sure - she didn't pull this one off all alone.

Eagle1 said:
Nehemiah, good one. Who but you would have thought of that her possibly taking the rap for Burke? I think it was someone with gov't immunity, who's cunning enough to play all these people against each other w/out their even knowing who he is, possibly. Maybe a corrupt spy, one reason we didn't get warned before 9-11 and some woman has written a book about the agency's failings. Probably lots of people have written about it?

About confessing, I think Patsy's involved enough in her theology to know you only have to confess to God. But where can we check this rumor? Do you happen to know Where did it originate, Trisha?

Eagle1, I had several different sources. However, I can't say 100 percent if it's true. But, there are several different people all saying the same thing and that's why I posted it.

I hope we can get some sort of a confirmation soon. My gut tells me this time it's really true.

I read about Patsy being ill again a few months ago in a magazine and the article said the only concern the police have about Patsy's health is that if there is no deathbed confession from her,or if she doesn't tell all she knows,she'll take the secret of who killed Jonbenet to her grave.
Perhaps the recurring cancer has something to do with the burden of carrying such a horrible secret for so many years?

Every mom's desire is to raise her children to adulthood. I am thankful for Patsy that Burke is at least about to graduate from high school.

I am very sorry to hear the news about Patsy. I have had several family members suffer from this terrible disease, and I would wish it on noone. I do not think Patsy will utter any death bed confessions, she strikes me as the type to protect her family at all costs.
I have always hoped that this case would be solved before Patsy or John died. If either one did it, they deserve punishment, and if they are innocent, they need to be exhonerated publically.
I have always felt Patsy knew what happened to her daughter, but I have never understood why she didn't tell LE what she knew. JonBenet deserves justice.

Well I don't believe Patsy killed anyone (she might have thought about it a time or two), and I don't wish cancer on anyone because I know what a horrible insideous disease it is firsthand.

The only thing I wish is that Patsy would quit lying to everyone about the severity of her cancer. I don't believe she ever had Stage 4 cancer, ever. Then just last year she has a "spot" on her liver? That would mean it metastized to her liver and she would have been in extremely poor health. She wouldn't have been able to go out and solicit funds for her hubby's campaign either. All they ever cared about IMO was their image and financial sucess.

I unfortunately think Patsy was involved in her daughter's death. I feel that she wrote the ransom note, too. If she were involved, it surely would have to be a terrible burden to carry all of these years. That kind of stress would have to take a toll on one's health.

I don't think that she will confess, though. That is between God and her.

Eagle1 said:
What happened to settling all your debts in this world so you don't carry them into the next? As I recall,there are a couple of biblical passages that instruct Christians to do just that. How can Patsy settle her debts over JB's death if she doesn't confess (assuming she did it)? I have no doubt that God will forgive a sincere heart, but that won't do anything for the leftover baggage one leaves behind in this realm and all of its ramifications. Divine forgiveness is only part of the package. If she leaves this world without telling what she knows, whatever that might be, she will leave Burke and John under a very dark cloud that will follow them forever and that has to have spiritual repercussions.

I don't have any idea if she is guilty or not. I am just speaking to that possibility regarding the spiritual aspects of it.

Part of being forgiven by God is TRUE remorse for your sins. And part of true remorse for your sins is making restitution for what you have done - or failed to do - whenever possible. For instance - if you have stolen from someone you must return what you have stolen or repay the debt somehow. Our criminal justice system's foundation is based on Christian morals and the Ten Commandments.

SO - for Patsy to be truly forgiven, it is NOT enough for her to just privately tell God she is sorry. Who can't do that? (It is one reason why the sacrament of Confession in the Catholic Church is so very healing and freeing - because to humble yourself to actually SAY outloud what you have done and to hear those words from the priest, "You are absolved of your sins in the name of the Father...etc. is not only more difficult than a private prayer but it helps take away any denial you may be holding onto by admitting it of your own free will to someone else. It is very powerful. - And as a little aside here is an important scripture passage on this subject:
John 20: 21-23 "He (Jesus) said to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father has sent me, I also send you. When he had said this, he breathed on them; and He said to them: Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you retain , they are retained."
This by the way, is only the second time in ALL of scripture - old and new, that God "breathed life" into man. HIS life. First with Adam - and then with his apostles giving them His power to forgive sins. (God forgives our sins THROUGH the priest). He also gave authority to the priest to "hold bound" or retain ones sins - and THIS is where an incomplete or insincere confession comes into play.
If Patsy Ramsey merely told God she was sorry and asked His forgiveness yet went on to lie and continue to COVER UP the truth of what really happened that night - she may not have actually received real forgiveness. It would render her "sorrow" - insincere.
It is known only to God - and of course Patsy herself.
I do wish her well if she is very ill with ovarian cancer. My heart goes out to her and her family. My dear mother died of ovarian cancer 7 years ago.
By the way - she when she was diagnosed she was stage 4 and the doctors told her she was DYING. Dying. She lived another 6 1/2 yrs! It happens.
Thank the Lord. :)

~ Angel ~

Goody said:
What happened to settling all your debts in this world so you don't carry them into the next? As I recall,there are a couple of biblical passages that instruct Christians to do just that. How can Patsy settle her debts over JB's death if she doesn't confess (assuming she did it)? I have no doubt that God will forgive a sincere heart, but that won't do anything for the leftover baggage one leaves behind in this realm and all of its ramifications. Divine forgiveness is only part of the package. If she leaves this world without telling what she knows, whatever that might be, she will leave Burke and John under a very dark cloud that will follow them forever and that has to have spiritual repercussions.

I don't have any idea if she is guilty or not. I am just speaking to that possibility regarding the spiritual aspects of it.
Christians ask God for forgiveness of their debts/sins and in turn are to forgive others of their debts. Debts don't follow you to the "next world." We are saved from our sins through Jesus Christ.

Tricia - the thought that Patsy must confess to get to the highest heaven sounds like a Mormon teaching to me. Christians don't believe that there are "levels" of heaven, Mormons do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back