1261 users online (260 members and 1001 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO - Couple involved in topless-gardening fight questioned about threat to president

1. You just can't make some of this stuff up.
    2. Headlines like these seem to write themselves.
    3. Methinks I see a gleam of madness in their eyes.

Boulder couple involved in topless-gardening fight investigated over threat to president (denverpost.com)
    The U.S. Secret Service investigated a report over the weekend that a Boulder couple -- including a woman involved in a topless-gardening dispute three years ago -- made threats against President Barack Obama while eating in an Ohio restaurant.

Police in Marblehead, Ohio, detained Robert Dale Pierce and Catharine Marie Pierce on Saturday after receiving a call that Robert Pierce had said he was going to "kill Obama and take him down," according to a police report.

A disassembled rifle and ammunition were found in the Pierces' car, according to police.
    ---
    Catharine Pierce is known in Boulder for gardening topless outside her home in the 800 block of Cherry Avenue. [Landlords] threatened to evict the Pierces in 2010, but backed off after the Boulder City Council determined it would not make it a crime to be topless outdoors.
    ---
    The police report said dispatchers received a call from Avery's Restaurant regarding a man and a woman who were behaving in an "unstable" way and who said they were going to Washington, D.C., to "set some things straight."
    ---
    Robert Pierce told officers that he is the illegitimate son of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, and, according to the police report, he had documents in the car that appeared to support that claim.
    ---
    much more, with a picture, at link above

4. AND he's the "illegitimate" son of Dwight Eisenhower!

“Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    4. AND he's the "illegitimate" son of Dwight Eisenhower!

Yes, that was the kicker, the true test of the item - no Ike, no thread. Anyone can garden toplessly or make threats.

Marblehead Used to Be A Nice Place

But its become an attractive spot for a lot of right wing activity. Back in the late 1800's Marblehead was developed as a quaint lakeside village for church retreats - for people to get away from the city to vacation during the summer.

But more and more right wingers and conservative Republicans have bought up vacation property there and it's turned pretty crazy. There are also quite a few right wing militia groups in the area, even a group of people who dress up in Nazi uniforms to reenact WWII battles and marches.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ry-to-explain/

Not a nice place anymore for vacations on Lake Erie. Not surprised these two were hanging out there. They'd fit right in. I'm surprised someone reported them.

I'm kind of curious what the paperwork that supports his dad being Ike is... they said he had some.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes, that was the kicker, the true test of the item - no Ike, no thread. Anyone can garden toplessly or make threats.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.