Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1551
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    between NOLA and Laffy
    Posts
    1,813
    I'm shallow, but the bangs were a bad choice. It clearly shows to the jury- hey we totally changed her look. Her hair wasn't even dyed that shade of brown when she dyed it brown. It was a lighter caramel brown. So in Jodi land, blonde is bad and brown is good? Lame. I know of many people who can de edify that claim.


  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tiger09 For This Useful Post:


  3. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,687
    Why does the detective sit at the table with JM? That's not common in other states is it?


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TartLemon For This Useful Post:


  5. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,092
    Quote Originally Posted by TartLemon View Post
    Why does the detective sit at the table with JM? That's not common in other states is it?
    They are allowed in Arizona.


  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:


  7. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
    I agree. Unless the Court provided a closed area for lunches, smoke breaks, etc. these jurors have every right to go wherever they want because they aren't sequestered.
    I missed whatever was said on HLN about a juror sitting outside. The day I was there though... I saw one of the jurors outside the front doors by the benches. The lady I was sitting with and I went outside during the afternoon break to smoke and one of the jurors was outside smoking too. He walked to the benches on the other side and avoided the other people out there. There are quite a few benches out there and he kept his distance. I don't think he would've been able to hear any of the conversations going on or anything.
    MOO



    JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!!



  8. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    569

    Going to the bishop

    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    But Jodi testified under oath to JM that she went to the Bishop after Travis was killed and confessed they were having sex and JM told her she never confessed to the Bishop about killing Travis, did she. Jodi answered, no. That could mean she didn't confess about killing Travis because she had not killed him yet. So she knows JM has contacted the Bishop. While the Bishop may not address what they talked about I bet JM was able to get a date. jmo
    My understanding is that she contacted the bishop IN ARIZONA after she had moved to Yreka and after Travis was murdered, for the purpose of finding out what he knew.

    She would never have gone to the bishop and confessed while Travis was still alive because her bishop would then have promptly contacted Travis' bishop and Travis would be called in.

    The fact that Travis went to his bishop and confessed after JA moved back to Yreka means that he 1)promised not to see her again, and 2) was put on probation (possibly disfellowshipped which means can't receive communion or bless people)...but he wasn't excommunicated because he came forth voluntarily. If he sinned again, he would certainly be excommunicated unless there were mitigating circumstances (such as being tied up and forced).

    We see this in his behavior when he did not follow through on his plans to visit JA in Yreka. He was sincere in his repentance.

    When you understand that Jodi might not have known Travis had been to his bishop, you begin to see how the motive was accelerated for the murder. She shows up and he rejects her sexual advances. Over the following hours she learns that Mimi Hall has replaced her on the Cancun trip. She already knows he wants to get married but perhaps thinks the secret travels/sexcapades are going to continue regardless-- until she finds out he has been to the bishop without telling her.

    In Mormon culture, it is considered a betrayal to go to the bishop and confess without giving your partner the opportunity to do the same thing concurrently, and thereby avoiding a perpetrator/victim view of the fornication. If you each go to your separate bishops at the same time, or both go to one bishop, it goes much easier on you If you say you are setting a wedding date, it will go very easy on you. Chances are you will not even be disfellowshipped.

    With Travis putting his membership in jeopardy if he has sex with JA again, that clearly points to JA's motive to fake a sex scene to go with the phone sex in order to blackmail TA into silence. At this point, she knows she will not remain his girlfriend or his dirty little secret because he is not going to give up his membership for her--no way. That would ruin him at PPL as well. And his ability to sell a book would be nil. An excommunicated person sometimes can't even get work in Utah and some parts of Idaho and Arizona.

    Her only chance to continue to prey on Mormon men and meet wealthy ones who don't know her low class morals and social status, is to silence Travis. He foolishly has threatened to expose her to all their friends for the things she has done and the stalking, etc. He knows she is a sociopath but somehow does not know they are DANGEROUS. If he follows through with his threat, she is back to living off tips in her grandmother's extra bedroom.

    This is why he had to die. He refused to be silenced and she knew one foolproof way to maintain her ability to continue the Mormon/PPL goldmine she discovered and that was to kill him.

    I am sure jealousy was a factor but survival as a female bombshell predator feeding on these virginal returned missionaries was paramount, imo.
    Anagrammy

    "We see things not as they are but as we are" ~ Anais Nin



  9. #126
    TigerBalm's Avatar
    TigerBalm is offline Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose lives were taken too soon!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,126
    Quote Originally Posted by TartLemon View Post
    Why does the detective sit at the table with JM? That's not common in other states is it?

    This is the third trial in Maricopa County I have watched this past year and the case agent sat with the prosecutors in all three trials.
    When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. ~ Maya Angelou


  10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TigerBalm For This Useful Post:


  11. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    You could be right. How else would Donovan be able to go on TV and tell us how JA feeeeells?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sustained View Post
    Defense team plant ?
    Perhaps JM should assign someone to watch over JA's friend.
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    C.S. Lewis


  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ricki For This Useful Post:


  13. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Boonies of Louisiana
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I don't have that jealousy bone in my body either. I have become enraged on one occasion and slapped a woman who was being cutesy with my ex husband, but as he ignored her, she started being cruel to him (and she was drunk, I wasn't and neither was he). I don't tolerate stupid very well!
    Well even the most unjealous people have legitimate reactions to a situation. believe me, if I were to react to a woman, there would be a damn good reason why. So to me, sounds like the woman deserved it. I know if I had a reaction to a woman and Mr Swamp told his family and friends about it, they would take MY side, saying that they know me and if a person set me off, then there must have been a reason.

    I'm so easy going that I am friends with Mr. Swamp's exwife aka my "wife-in-law". I like her.I could care less that they were married long ago or whatever happened between them, that is the past.

    They have adult children and grandchildren in common. She is happily married and could care less about him. Our friendship is because we both love the kids and grandkids. We both love them and want the best for them so there is nothing for us to fight over.

    I wouldn't have liked Jodi. She would NOT have been welcome in our circle. She seems to be seductive with men and likes to divide and conquer and play games and has no loyalty to female friends, she is a man hunter.
    SwampMama

    GUILTY!!!

    Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html



  14. #129
    TigerBalm's Avatar
    TigerBalm is offline Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose lives were taken too soon!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,126
    HLN playing the razor nicking wrist testimony right now.

    I every time I hear her nonsense!
    When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. ~ Maya Angelou


  15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TigerBalm For This Useful Post:


  16. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by lisasalinger View Post
    Hi JayB12. It too hits home for me, as I grew up in Newtown. Lived there for 21 years and my Mom still lives there in our family home. It was the most amazing place to grow up. I can truly say that my childhood is exactly the kind that most wish to have. A quiet, friendly, safe and sweet little town to grow up in. To explain the depths of my sadness for what happened 3 months ago is just not possible. I have been back there since and there is tremendous pain that will take a very long time to heal.

    I know it's not the right forum for this discussion, so I'll hold back my feelings and commentary about guns, the mother, etc. They are pretty raw and angry.

    I just wanted to say hello, and I'm sorry for the pain that you and all of America feels about this.

    I enjoy reading these forums, not only for the common interest in law/crime investigation, but also because I think that most of the posters here are very intelligent and have interesting things to say.

    Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend, filled with love
    Had the family stayed put, this tragedy could have easily happened in my hometown. When I was growing up, the town had about 5,500 people, very rural and we had a regional school system. The elementary school I attended could have been Sandy Hook. I knew Nancy's brother, Jimmy, more than her...she was a bit older. Still, the pain caused by that tragedy is so hard to describe. I feel so badly for those who lost their little kids. Senseless and evil.


  17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JayB12 For This Useful Post:


  18. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by anagrammy View Post
    My understanding is that she contacted the bishop IN ARIZONA after she had moved to Yreka and after Travis was murdered, for the purpose of finding out what he knew.

    She would never have gone to the bishop and confessed while Travis was still alive because her bishop would then have promptly contacted Travis' bishop and Travis would be called in.

    The fact that Travis went to his bishop and confessed after JA moved back to Yreka means that he 1)promised not to see her again, and 2) was put on probation (possibly disfellowshipped which means can't receive communion or bless people)...but he wasn't excommunicated because he came forth voluntarily. If he sinned again, he would certainly be excommunicated unless there were mitigating circumstances (such as being tied up and forced).

    We see this in his behavior when he did not follow through on his plans to visit JA in Yreka. He was sincere in his repentance.

    When you understand that Jodi might not have known Travis had been to his bishop, you begin to see how the motive was accelerated for the murder. She shows up and he rejects her sexual advances. Over the following hours she learns that Mimi Hall has replaced her on the Cancun trip. She already knows he wants to get married but perhaps thinks the secret travels/sexcapades are going to continue regardless-- until she finds out he has been to the bishop without telling her.

    In Mormon culture, it is considered a betrayal to go to the bishop and confess without giving your partner the opportunity to do the same thing concurrently, and thereby avoiding a perpetrator/victim view of the fornication. If you each go to your separate bishops at the same time, or both go to one bishop, it goes much easier on you If you say you are setting a wedding date, it will go very easy on you. Chances are you will not even be disfellowshipped.

    With Travis putting his membership in jeopardy if he has sex with JA again, that clearly points to JA's motive to fake a sex scene to go with the phone sex in order to blackmail TA into silence. At this point, she knows she will not remain his girlfriend or his dirty little secret because he is not going to give up his membership for her--no way. That would ruin him at PPL as well. And his ability to sell a book would be nil. An excommunicated person sometimes can't even get work in Utah and some parts of Idaho and Arizona.

    Her only chance to continue to prey on Mormon men and meet wealthy ones who don't know her low class morals and social status, is to silence Travis. He foolishly has threatened to expose her to all their friends for the things she has done and the stalking, etc. He knows she is a sociopath but somehow does not know they are DANGEROUS. If he follows through with his threat, she is back to living off tips in her grandmother's extra bedroom.

    This is why he had to die. He refused to be silenced and she knew one foolproof way to maintain her ability to continue the Mormon/PPL goldmine she discovered and that was to kill him.

    I am sure jealousy was a factor but survival as a female bombshell predator feeding on these virginal returned missionaries was paramount, imo.
    Well, that certainly makes a lot more sense.


  19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  20. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    7,027
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    Well even the most unjealous people have legitimate reactions to a situation. believe me, if I were to react to a woman, there would be a damn good reason why. So to me, sounds like the woman deserved it. I know if I had a reaction to a woman and Mr Swamp told his family and friends about it, they would take MY side, saying that they know me and if a person set me off, then there must have been a reason.

    I'm so easy going that I am friends with Mr. Swamp's exwife aka my "wife-in-law". I like her.I could care less that they were married long ago or whatever happened between them, that is the past.

    They have adult children and grandchildren in common. She is happily married and could care less about him. Our friendship is because we both love the kids and grandkids. We both love them and want the best for them so there is nothing for us to fight over.

    I wouldn't have liked Jodi. She would NOT have been welcome in our circle. She seems to be seductive with men and likes to divide and conquer and play games and has no loyalty to female friends, she is a man hunter.
    I have a hard time with stupid too.

    My parents, my ex-inlaws and my ex-husband's wife have lunch once a week.
    How weird is that. They all share the same children/grand-children. People ask me if it bothers me and I say no. I am glad they all like each other - makes my life easier.

    To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace. -- Dalai Lama -
    Sometimes all you can do is walk away, hide your tears, and just pretend you're okay --- unknown

    RIP Travis Alexander.


  21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kensie For This Useful Post:


  22. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,312
    Originally Posted by Trials R Us
    Jodi still thinking she's the puppet master, did you guys see her head shake/jerk to call over the mitigation lady?

    At the very end 57:05

    http://youtu.be/e_ZunfzhpAY


    Good catch ..and the expression on the mitigation lady was like .."Who knew" LOL
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    .


  23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GetSmart For This Useful Post:


  24. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    between NOLA and Laffy
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerBalm View Post
    HLN playing the razor nicking wrist testimony right now.

    I every time I hear her nonsense!
    I know! I'm like you stabbed him about 29 times, slit his throat, and shot him- and supposedly got abused by him and your parents- but you couldn't hang with a papercut (her words) when you wanted to die. Suicidal people either do it or talk about it right after- not years later when their life is on the line.


  25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tiger09 For This Useful Post:


  26. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensie View Post
    I have a hard time with stupid too.

    My parents, my ex-inlaws and my ex-husband's wife have lunch once a week.
    How weird is that. They all share the same children/grand-children. People ask me if it bothers me and I say no. I am glad they all like each other - makes my life easier.
    I had an ex-GF stay in touch with my parents, sister and her husband for about 10 years after we broke up. She would invite them to dinner, see them around town, etc. It was a bit odd and I didn't feel like she was stalking or anything. She just truly developed a good relationship with my family while we dated.


  27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JayB12 For This Useful Post:


Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103
    By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1104
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 01:02 PM
  2. long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102
    By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1642
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 01:53 PM
  3. long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101
    By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1817
    Last Post: 03-22-2013, 10:35 PM
  4. LATEST EVIDENCE Discuss NEW AND DEVELOPING information here
    By JBean in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 406
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 01:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •