OR OR - Max Eugene McIntosh, 75, Medford, 22 March 2013

Cagle

Reaction score
http://www.redding.com/news/2013/mar/28/authorities-looking-for-missing-retired-doctor/

Max Eugene McIntosh, 75, was reported missing Tuesday after he left his Medford home March 22 and never showed up in Missouri, where he was headed, or called his family. But the day he left home, his Ford Explorer was found out of gas near Lake Shasta on the Packer’s Bay access road, Medford police Lt. Mike Budreau said.

Budreau said McIntosh planned to leave on March 22 to stay with his cousin in Missouri, but there was nothing packed in his SUV. In addition, Budreau said there were groceries left sitting out at the Medford home where he lived alone.

There hasn’t been any activity on McIntosh’s cell phone since he called a family member around 11 a.m. on the 22nd, Budreau said, nor has his credit card been used.

Shasta County sheriff’s deputies are searching the area where the SUV was found, but so far have found no sign of McIntosh. Medford police don’t know the circumstances of his disappearance but say so far they have no indications of foul play.

McIntosh is 5 feet, 10 inches tall, 198 pounds and has gray hair and blue eyes, Budreau said.

bilde

Max McIntosh, 75, who retired from a 39-year VA career in March 2012, was reported missing Tuesday by family members who live outside the area, Medford police said.

More at Link
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F20130327%2FNEWS07%2F303270362%2F-1%2FNEWSMAP

The two articles (one from the Redding paper and one from the Mail Tribune out of Medford) each give a totally different spin on it.

The MT does not mention the car being out of gas, the groceries left on the counter and implies that he wasn't going to MO like the Redding paper does.

I hope he is just taking a break for a few days.

Although I hesitate to put this out here: near his abandoned car there is a very tall bridge over Shasta Lake.
His car being out of gas kinda contradicts that though. I wonder if he ran out and then went down to the boat ramps to see if he could get some?

http://www.ci.medford.or.us/News.asp?NewsID=4259

City of Medford Oregon / Police / City News and Events

Missing Person - Max McIntosh

McIntosh, Max
MEDIA RELEASE

Medford Police Department
411 W 8th Street
Medford, OR 97501

Date: March 27, 2013

541-774-2230

"Your Police – Our Community"

Type of Incident: Missing Person

Date of incident: March 22, 2013

Location of incident: Medford Area

Case #13-5822

On March 26, 2013, the Medford Police Department investigated a report of a missing person. 75 year old, Max Eugene McIntosh was reported missing by his family due to them being unable to contact him for several days. It is believed he left his residence on Friday, March 22, 2013, with an unknown destination.

On March 22, 2013 at approximately 2:00 pm, McIntosh’s vehicle was located unoccupied in the Shasta Lake California area. The vehicle is registered to McIntosh and is described as a white Ford Explorer, Oregon License 228GCM. A search of the area where the vehicle was located is currently being conducted by Shasta County Sherriff’s Office. McIntosh’s location is currently unknown.

The circumstances surrounding McIntosh’s disappearance are unknown at this time; however, there are no indications of foul play.

Anyone having information on the whereabouts or having contact with McIntosh are asked to contact the Medford Police Department or the local law enforcement agency.

Medford Police Department case #13-5822

Detective Tony Young 541-770-4784

McIntosh%2C_Max.JPG

Haven't heard any updates but the "word about town" is that someone who worked there at the boat ramp is the one who reported the SUV being abandoned there.
Also rumored that some of his friends noted that he seemed absentminded or overly preoccupied as of late.

Where are you Dr. McIntosh?

He is an asset to this community and I hope he is found soon, safe and happy.

Haven't heard any updates but the "word about town" is that someone who worked there at the boat ramp is the one who reported the SUV being abandoned there.
Also rumored that some of his friends noted that he seemed absentminded or overly preoccupied as of late.

Where are you Dr. McIntosh?

He is an asset to this community and I hope he is found soon, safe and happy.

I had wondered about dementia earlier.

Arial search with body heat sensing equipment might find him if he wondered off go got lost in area around lake, no?

In that particular area it would be pretty hard to get lost IMHO, unless you went off on a day hike and got turned around after hours of hiking. The way that lake area is situated- the lake is huge with towering steep cliffs and mountains keeping it in it's boundaries. So IF you could walk away from the boat ramp area, you would just have to travel "downhill" or along the shoreline to find your way back.

Given that he was out of gas, I wonder if he flagged down a trucker (or other driver) on I-5 to get a ride to the next gas station?
There are a few gas stations about 3 miles or so away- BUT the only real way to walk there from where he parked was to walk on the shoulder of I-5.

He looks sweet.

After retiring from a long career of hard work this man should be able to relax and enjoy life now and spend time with family.

I hope he can come home and do that.

I can't believe no one know anything of his whereabouts. He is a very nice man and was supposed to play golf with my husband the weekend after he went missing. Any news would be most appreciated by his family and former co-workers.

Thank you.

I can't believe no one know anything of his whereabouts. He is a very nice man and was supposed to play golf with my husband the weekend after he went missing. Any news would be most appreciated by his family and former co-workers.

Thank you.

Welcome Cleo 523!
I hope he is found safe, and found soon! God Bless!

Sadly, I haven't heard any news updates. I wonder if LE was able to trace him via a cell phone or something (unlikely in that area).

Thank you.

Welcome cleo. :)

Welcome Cleo - can you share with us WHERE they were to play golf? Missouri or Oregon?

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. From what I understand there has been no credit card activity and no cell phone use.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back