1470 users online (266 members and 1204 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859

    Jonah's Where abouts?

    Does any one else wonder exactly what time Jonah arrived at Rady Children's Hospital on July 11? My guess is that it wasn't until sometime around 2:30-3:00 pm.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    683
    Good question.... we have no solid evidence of where JS or DS were that night.... and into the early morning....

    a wrongful death suit would certainly clear up a lot of this fog...
    "Time will tell your secrets."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    Does any one else wonder exactly what time Jonah arrived at Rady Children's Hospital on July 11? My guess is that it wasn't until sometime around 2:30-3:00 pm.
    Hi IP ~ do you mean Monday afternoon, July 11, the day little Max suffered his accident or Tuesday, July 12, the afternoon of the the night Becky was murdered?

    If Monday, it's difficult to imagine he didn't accompany his son to RCH. Max arrived at Sharp around 10:35AM and was moved quickly to Rady. That would have probably been around noon or soon thereafter. I would think a parent or at least adult would have had to admit him to Rady, correct?

    Anne Rule stated in her book:

    "Dina had finally responded to police knocking on her door early Tuesday [should read Monday around 2:30PM] and spelled Jonah in the hospital."
    Excerpt from "Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors (Ann Rule's Crime Files)"
    In spite of the obvious error in day and time, am wondering where Jonah went once Dina arrived and took his place around 3PM that Monday.
    Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody. -- Agatha Christie


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca View Post
    Hi IP ~ do you mean Monday afternoon, July 11, the day little Max suffered his accident or Tuesday, July 12, the afternoon of the the night Becky was murdered?

    If Monday, it's difficult to imagine he didn't accompany his son to RCH. Max arrived at Sharp around 10:35AM and was moved quickly to Rady. That would have probably been around noon or soon thereafter. I would think a parent or at least adult would have had to admit him to Rady, correct?

    Anne Rule stated in her book:



    In spite of the obvious error in day and time, am wondering where Jonah went once Dina arrived and took his place around 3PM that Monday.
    I meant Monday afternoon. Jonah DID NOT accompany Max to RCH. BTW, Max was at Sharp Coronado for about an hour before he was transported to RCH. Because of his condition, he would have been admitted by the EMTs. If Dina was not notified until 2:30 pm, then it would have taken her at least a half hour to drive to RCH........plus some time to put some clothes on, so she likely didn't arrive much before 4pm.
    Last edited by Inparadise; 04-02-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Addition

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    I meant Monday afternoon. Jonah DID NOT accompany Max to RCH. BTW, Max was at Sharp Coronado for about an hour before he was transported to RCH. Because of his condition, he would have been admitted by the EMTs. If Dina was not notified until 2:30 pm, then it would have taken her at least a half hour to drive to RCH........plus some time to put some clothes on, so she likely didn't arrive much before 4pm.
    Thanks IP ~ WOW.. Makes one wonder what could possibly be more important than accompanying one's critically injured child at what could only be considered any parent's worst nightmare. Unless, of course, to take care of one's other children. An airport run to catch the DL 1:40PM, perhaps?
    Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody. -- Agatha Christie


  6. #6
    bourne's Avatar
    bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca View Post
    Thanks IP ~ WOW.. Makes one wonder what could possibly be more important than accompanying one's critically injured child at what could only be considered any parent's worst nightmare. Unless, of course, to take care of one's other children. An airport run to catch the DL 1:40PM, perhaps?
    I totally agree. That's despicable of Jonah if that happened -- that he cared more about hiding the truth and protecting his older teen kids than helping his young son Max in a critical injury.

    But wouldn't the doctors at the hospital/ER and Becky's teen sis (XZ) know when Jonah showed up at the hospital? I'm confused as to how XZ would not know whether Jonah drove immediately subsequent to Max's injury with the ambulance to the hospital as was stated in news reports? Also, wouldn't XZ have witnessed Jonah and his older teen kids leaving for the airport AFTER Max's injury if that happened?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    I totally agree. That's despicable of Jonah if that happened -- that he cared more about hiding the truth and protecting his older teen kids than helping his young son Max in a critical injury.

    But wouldn't the doctors at the hospital/ER and Becky's teen sis (XZ) know when Jonah showed up at the hospital? I'm confused as to how XZ would not know whether Jonah drove immediately subsequent to Max's injury with the ambulance to the hospital as was stated in news reports? Also, wouldn't XZ have witnessed Jonah and his older teen kids leaving for the airport AFTER Max's injury if that happened?
    IIRC, Rebecca and her sister were taken to an Urgent Care facility by the CPD......I seriously doubt that XZ would have known/been aware of where Jonah's older children were at any given time. IMO, what ever happened to Max, XZ was in the shower and didn't see/hear anything..........after the scene was "staged", and Jonah had convinced Rebecca to lie for him (and the teens) and departed to the health club, Rebecca screamed for XZ to call 911........Let's think about how long this all took: my guesstimation is about 15 minutes. I do believe that Jonah drove to the Coronado Hospital, where Max was taken to initially, but I do think that he returned back to Spreckels, or perhaps to Howard Luber's home just around the corner to pick up the teens and take them to the airport.........XZ would not have known any of these details.

  8. #8
    bourne's Avatar
    bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    IIRC, Rebecca and her sister were taken to an Urgent Care facility by the CPD......I seriously doubt that XZ would have known/been aware of where Jonah's older children were at any given time. IMO, what ever happened to Max, XZ was in the shower and didn't see/hear anything..........after the scene was "staged", and Jonah had convinced Rebecca to lie for him (and the teens) and departed to the health club, Rebecca screamed for XZ to call 911........Let's think about how long this all took: my guesstimation is about 15 minutes. I do believe that Jonah drove to the Coronado Hospital, where Max was taken to initially, but I do think that he returned back to Spreckels, or perhaps to Howard Luber's home just around the corner to pick up the teens and take them to the airport.........XZ would not have known any of these details.
    Doesn't make sense to me. If Jonah and his two teen children (GS and ES) were in the mansion Monday morning, and they participated/caused Max's injury, you want us to believe that Jonah then STAGED the accident (by doing what? cutting down the chandelier?) AND he also had time to conspire with Becky to LIE to cops/XZ re: Max's accident? AND that Jonah did all this while XZ was in the shower and did not hear a single thing?

    You want us to believe that XZ not only did not hear the loud crash of Max against the floor, but also did not hear the loud crash of the chandelier, AND did not see Jonah conspiring with Becky to lie that he or his teen kids were responsible for Max's injury, AND XZ did not see Jonah shuttling his teen kids out the door, AND also XZ did not hear Jonah driving his car and his two teen kids off the driveway/garage?

    I've seen the layout of the Spreckels mansion. The driveway/garage is NOT that far away from the mainhouse/foyer where Max fell. No way XZ would not have seen/heard Jonah rushing teen kids out the front/side door and no way she would not have heard a car driven away from the home.

    Also, the shower where XZ was is not that physically distant from the foyer so she would definitely have heard TWO loud crashes onto the ground floor. I don't believe for one second she didn't hear the two loud crashes but yet heard Becky screaming for her to dial 9-1-1. Nope. Don't buy any of this.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    Doesn't make sense to me. If Jonah and his two teen children (GS and ES) were in the mansion Monday morning, and they participated/caused Max's injury, you want us to believe that Jonah then STAGED the accident (by doing what? cutting down the chandelier?) AND he also had time to conspire with Becky to LIE to cops/XZ re: Max's accident? AND that Jonah did all this while XZ was in the shower and did not hear a single thing?

    You want us to believe that XZ not only did not hear the loud crash of Max against the floor, but also did not hear the loud crash of the chandelier, AND did not see Jonah conspiring with Becky to lie that he or his teen kids were responsible for Max's injury, AND XZ did not see Jonah shuttling his teen kids out the door, AND also XZ did not hear Jonah driving his car and his two teen kids off the driveway/garage?

    I've seen the layout of the Spreckels mansion. The driveway/garage is NOT that far away from the mainhouse/foyer where Max fell. No way XZ would not have seen/heard Jonah rushing teen kids out the front/side door and no way she would not have heard a car driven away from the home.

    Also, the shower where XZ was is not that physically distant from the foyer so she would definitely have heard TWO loud crashes onto the ground floor. I don't believe for one second she didn't hear the two loud crashes but yet heard Becky screaming for her to dial 9-1-1. Nope. Don't buy any of this.
    You seem to be on the side of Dina/Jona regarding what happened that day. Let me tell you that it is entirely possible that the teens were wisked away from the main house.....XZ wouldn't have been the wiser........

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    I meant Monday afternoon. Jonah DID NOT accompany Max to RCH. BTW, Max was at Sharp Coronado for about an hour before he was transported to RCH. Because of his condition, he would have been admitted by the EMTs. If Dina was not notified until 2:30 pm, then it would have taken her at least a half hour to drive to RCH........plus some time to put some clothes on, so she likely didn't arrive much before 4pm.
    BBM. I've worked at a major trauma center and only attending physicians admitted patients. I've never heard of an EMT having that authority but from my experience I also know a hospital does not wait for parents to arrive before they will provide life-saving care to a gravely injured child.

    JMO


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    BBM. I've worked at a major trauma center and only attending physicians admitted patients. I've never heard of an EMT having that authority but from my experience I also know a hospital does not wait for parents to arrive before they will provide life-saving care to a gravely injured child.

    JMO
    Coronado EMTs do not allow parents or any one else to "ride along" with patients. I know this for a fact. My spouse was admitted to this hospital by the EMTs without my knowledge....that is just the way that this works......

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    You seem to be on the side of Dina/Jona regarding what happened that day. Let me tell you that it is entirely possible that the teens were wisked away from the main house.....XZ wouldn't have been the wiser........
    BBM. I don't believe it is remotely possible the teens were even in the city at the time of Max's injuries. There would be proof available to investigators that the teens were on an airplane to another city. The only adult present in the house at the time of Max's accident was herself, according to RZ's statement to police. Is it possible she and/or XZ lied in their statements to police? Absolutely, imo. RZ's suicide fits such a scenario.

    The airline records would be proof the teens were elsewhere and I've always held the opinion the investigators have those records.

    JMO

  13. #13
    bourne's Avatar
    bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    You seem to be on the side of Dina/Jona regarding what happened that day. Let me tell you that it is entirely possible that the teens were wisked away from the main house.....XZ wouldn't have been the wiser........
    No, I'm on nobody's side. I'm being objective. To be frank, you seem to be extremely biased against Jonah as you are making assumptions that put him in a horribly bad light without any physical evidence. The absence of evidence does not prove someone is guilty. It may make one question what happened, but you need solid evidence to link someone to specific actions/crimes.

    I don't see how XZ could have missed the big crash of BOTH Max and a huge chandelier. Even when I'm in the shower and we have a big house that's very well insulated too, I can still hear a car backfiring OUTSIDE the home. So for you to say that XZ didn't hear either crashes that happened right near where she was showering AND she didn't hear a car backing out of the garage/driveway when she's within the home AND the layout of the shower is very close to the foyer AND the foyer is physically close to the garage/driveway doesn't make sense.

    PLUS you say that Jonah "staged" Max's accident AND he then conspired with Becky to outright fabricate lies to the police and to her own sister XZ. That's going over the top, don't you think? To believe your assumption, we'd have to believe that XZ has extremely poor hearing to the point of being deaf to TWO LOUD crashes right near where she's showering yet she selectively hears Becky's voice calling out to her to call 911. And that not only is Jonah a heartless conniving father and liar, but that Becky is also a liar. From everything I've read and heard about Becky, she was a responsible, compassionate, loving, generous, moral young woman who endeavored to do the right thing, even in times of crisis. She went above and beyond in supporting Jonah, his brother Adam, and even Dina and Nina in the aftermath of Max's accident. Evidently had Becky been selfish, she could have abandoned the crisis and flown with her young sister XZ to their family in MO, and Becky would still be alive.
    Last edited by bourne; 04-04-2013 at 01:05 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Inparadise View Post
    Coronado EMTs do not allow parents or any one else to "ride along" with patients. I know this for a fact. My spouse was admitted to this hospital by the EMTs without my knowledge....that is just the way that this works......
    Excuse me but my posting had nothing to do with whether parents are allowed to 'ride along' in a rescue squad. I've worked in a trauma hospital and hospital admission decisions were never made by EMTs. Immediately upon arrival, the EMTs handed the patients over to ER staff and I believe this was the procedure followed in Max's case.

    JMO

  15. #15
    bourne's Avatar
    bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    BBM. I don't believe it is remotely possible the teens were even in the city at the time of Max's injuries. There would be proof available to investigators that the teens were on an airplane to another city. The only adult present in the house at the time of Max's accident was herself, according to RZ's statement to police. Is it possible she and/or XZ lied in their statements to police? Absolutely, imo. RZ's suicide fits such a scenario.

    The airline records would be proof the teens were elsewhere and I've always held the opinion the investigators have those records.

    JMO
    We don't know whether or not Jonah and his two teenage children were in the Spreckels mansion when Max was injured. The fact is this: we have NO proof one way or another. So we just don't know. We can't assume they were there, nor can we state outright they were not. Unless we receive more factual evidence indicating Jonah and his teen kids' whereabouts, we cannot assume either. We also cannot assume that LE did a comprehensive job in collecting/analyzing the necessary evidence as they did a slipshod job in both Becky's and Max's cases.

    No, a "suicide" scenario does not automatically follow from your assumption that Becky and XZ might have lied to the police. Whether someone tells a lie has no behavioral correlation to whether someone will commit suicide.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. These are 'Facts' because William Gore said Jonah Shacknai said so
    By freespeech in forum Rebecca Zahau Nalepa
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 03:38 AM
  2. Jonah Shacknai Wants Investigation Reviewed
    By oceanblueeyes in forum Rebecca Zahau Nalepa
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 09:09 PM
  3. Jonah Shacknai requested the investigation be reviewed
    By believe09 in forum Rebecca Zahau Nalepa
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 09:27 AM
  4. Jonah and Nicole Payne
    By AutumnBorn in forum Missing Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 10:58 AM

Tags for this Thread