Kitten Born With Two Faces

WasBlind

Former Member
Reaction score
UPDATED: 7:11 am PST March 10, 2005

LAKE CITY, Fla. -- When Teresa Morrison's cat had a litter Tuesday, she noticed something was different about one of the kittens.

"I thought it had growth on its face," she said.

The kitten has two mouths, two noses and four eyes. She immediately called her veterinarian.

"He said he's never seen it. Never," Morrison said.

The kitten is nursing from its mother, which the vet said is a good sign.

"(She's) feeding off one mouth now; sometimes go to the other one, but he's not getting it open," Morrison said.

The vet told Morrison he didn't know if the cat has one or two brains, but having one would give the cat a better chance to survive.

He said if the kitten lives 48 hours, he has a good chance of living a full life.

Wednesday morning, Morrison named the cat "Deuce."

Photo and video of Deuce

This sounds like the baby I read about a few weeks ago with the second head. I'd never heard of this before. Strange.

LAKE CITY, FL -- The little kitten that was born with two faces in Lake City has died.

Deuce's owner says they were forced to put the kitten to sleep on Friday after he came down with pneumonia and was not strong enough to survive.

By First Coast News Staff

...Deuce was born with two faces but all organs were in tact. Veterinarians say this was not the reason for his death.

Link with pic and video

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle