Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL - Sandra Farris, 50's, Cairo, 28 Mar 2013

IL - Sandra Farris, 50's, Cairo, 28 Mar 2013

This one is bothersome

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/21836106...an-on-saturday

Ferris is in her 50s and described as 5'6" with brown hair and green eyes.

She was last seen wearing a white Hollister hoodie with gold letters and blue jeans.

Held says Ferris last seen on 27th and Park Ave. in Cairo on Thursday around 2 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/kfvs12

poster said her name should be FArris

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/cair...H615JFTH0AFJHS
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 04-25-2013 at 06:49 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Interesting comments in the topix link.

There is precious little information in any of the sources.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Aut...?m=y&smobile=y

55-year-old Sandra Farris

Authorities say Farris went missing around 27th street and Park Avenue in Cairo sometime between 2 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. Thursday, during her daily walks.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Dangerous town to walk around in???

Her brother, Kenny Farris, disappeared walking in town in Oct 2010 and was never found.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13471171

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Wow- that CANNOT be a coincidence!!!!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    Dangerous town to walk around in???

Her brother, Kenny Farris, disappeared walking in town in Oct 2010 and was never found.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13471171
    "His sister says he was last seen walking near the 37th Street levy in Cairo. His sister says he suffers from depression and is on nerve medicine.

She also says her brother has never disappeared like this before."

Wonder if maybe she found something out about her brother's disappearance?

So, they disappeared 10 blocks away (27th and 37th) from each other? This is really weird.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to margarita25 For This Useful Post:

Reminds me of another case here on WS...

Hey--wasn't there another instance of a second family member disappearing mysteriously years after the first? I think the relationship was father and son though IIRC.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KinseyWannabe For This Useful Post:

I know way back there was a mother-daughter. And isn't there a second disappearance with the Stacy Peterson case?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    I know way back there was a mother-daughter. And isn't there a second disappearance with the Stacy Peterson case?
    Yes, it's her mother that is also missing...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inthedark14 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    "His sister says he was last seen walking near the 37th Street levy in Cairo. His sister says he suffers from depression and is on nerve medicine.

She also says her brother has never disappeared like this before."

Wonder if maybe she found something out about her brother's disappearance?

So, they disappeared 10 blocks away (27th and 37th) from each other? This is really weird.
    Um... and look at this:

" Police in Cairo are concerned about a man who has been missing since October 28."

He went missing on the 28th of the month.

She went missing on the 28th of the month.

Weird indeed.
    "I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LotusPawprint For This Useful Post:

I found her daughter's FB page, she has a few posts about mom being missing w/some interesting comments. I can't remember if I can link to her page.

Also, if you do a search for Sandra's name + "topix", there are a number of hits for forums in other states like Missouri and Kentucky. Lots of threads from the last several months, some where she appears to be chatting in them and others she is the subject. They get pretty nasty. Since it's topix I can't get into it much more here but hopefully the proper authorities have all of the information they might need if foul play is involved. The comments and the posters come across very hostile. If there's any suspicion to begin with in her disappearance these conversations are very interesting.
    "I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LotusPawprint For This Useful Post:

Police continue searching for missing Cairo, Illinois woman

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/home/ticke...201211351.html
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

http://thecairocitizen.com/2013/04/s...g-cairo-woman/

new, clearer picture of Sandra and more info on the search.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Can somebody pls fix the blown margins? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    http://thecairocitizen.com/2013/04/s...g-cairo-woman/

new, clearer picture of Sandra and more info on the search.
    "Donna said her sister regularly went for a walks through St. Mary’s park. "

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to margarita25 For This Useful Post:

From reading the Topix thread, it sounds like there may have been some sort of an abusive relationship in the picture. I wonder if Sandra was involved with this same man back in 2010 when her brother disappeared, and if there's any link between any of them and this other man who also vanished recently. How scary for the family- not only to have 2 precious loved ones vanish, but they have to be wondering about their own safety as well at this point.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

Yes, she was involved with the same man when her brother disappeared.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:

Welcome! Any thoughts?

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to southsleuth For This Useful Post:

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Fam...200973301.html

Unfortunately, the family has been through this before. In the fall of 2010, Sandy's twin brother Kenny went missing in Cairo as well. He's never been found. Donna and her brother Paul feel the disappearances aren't a coincidence.

After two incidents in less than three years, the family is considering leaving Cairo. They're worried it could happen again. In the meantime-- they hope to figure out what happened to Sandy.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

I do think their disappearances are related. I do not think either committed suicide.

To lend some perspective to the Topix discussion, this is what I would consider a "normal" family. One of their cousins is the local States Attorney for Alexander County. Another of their cousins was mayor of Cairo about 10 years ago. Their roots go deep in southern Illinois.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:

Justice4cairo...what do you think the connection is between them. A person or group of people? What do you think happened to Kenny? What does the boyfriend think happened? Has anyone in the family spoken to him?

Also if she is smoker and she was going for a walk around the lake...wouldn't she have taken her cigs with her?

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

Sandy was not living with her husband at the time of her disappearance. She was living with her niece and sister.

St Mary's Park is considered to probably be the safest place in Cairo to walk. There are few sidewalks on either side of the streets surrounding the park. Everyone walks in the street around the park and there is a group of walkers who daily walk around the park. There is a ball field and a playground at the park. Sandy did a mid-day walk daily around the perimeter of the park. She walked in the street.

She was seen walking on the north end of the park in the street so we know she went for a walk. She was not an athletic person so it is unlikely she walked any farther than around the park, unlikely she was over on Park and 27th as reported. She was not an avid walker, not keen on exercise. She was a smoker. Why would she leave the house without her smokes and phone? The only thing that makes sense to me is that she left the house in a hurry. Perhaps someone at the house said something to upset her and she slammed out?

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:

Went back out to the Topix link and checked what people are saying about Sandra's disappearance (since I can't find anything in MSM that's recent). Interesting stuff, to say the least. The forum has grown in recent days, and Websleuths is mentioned more than once. There is reference to 3 members of Sandra's family- Jimmy, Kenney and her father- who have all either gone missing or have met with foul play. It's all rumor, of course, but if true, cannot possibly be a complete coincidence.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CMac2 For This Useful Post:

I asked someone who knows the family well and was told these are not rumors.

Apparently her father was murdered when she was an infant. This person seems to recall his body was found in water with his hands and feet bound. Said murder was just a fact of life in Cairo and noone is ever prosecuted.

A brother was murdered 20 - 25 years ago; recalls it was ruled suicide in spite of evidence to the contrary. Said again that murder was just a fact of life in Cairo and noone is ever prosecuted.

Coincidence?

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:

Link from 2010 about twin brother's disappearance: http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13471171

Kenny Farris is about 6-feet tall and weighs about 200 pounds; has gray hair, brown eyes, and a gray beard.

His sister says he was last seen walking near the 37th Street levy in Cairo. His sister says he suffers from depression and is on nerve medicine.

She also says her brother has never disappeared like this before.
    ETA: Ah, silly me. I was so busy googling for info I didn't notice this link had already been posted. Nothing in NamUs regarding Kenney; looked for any likely UIDs that might have floated down the river from Illinois through states southward but saw none.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-14-2013 at 08:08 PM.

48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OkieGranny For This Useful Post:

The husband, William Robert Smith, is a registered sex offender, victim under 13.

The Cairo police dept searched his house 2 times. Do not know what they removed.

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justice4cairo For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast