1306 users online (258 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Helen Brach, candy heiress, missing since 1977

I posted this in the Cold Cases thread because this may be a link to the Indiana Dunes case (girls missing that were linked to Sy & George Jayne).

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20050123-114635-5123r.htm
    A horse trainer claims he shot her with the same people that were proven involved in killing three little boys killed in the 1950's and were part of that whole Jayne/Hansen scene proven in other murders, scams.

He claims Brach's body was then dumped via mob connections to the Inland Steel Mill in Indiana, which interestingly enough doesn’t seem that far from the Indiana Dunes. Either way, maybe that could be the tie in needed to Indiana for both Helen Brach and these girls to Indiana.

There's a story about the Brach case on the Crime Library and she's profiled on my own website and on the Doe Network as well. Quite a bit of information is available about her.

Quote Originally Posted by meggilyweggily
    There's a story about the Brach case on the Crime Library and she's profiled on my own website and on the Doe Network as well. Quite a bit of information is available about her.
    Interesting website. So sad that so many people are missing, many as a result of suspected foul play.

IL - Helen Brach, 65, Chicago, 1977

Updated March 9, 2005, 4:07 p.m. ET

Informant claims horse swindlers killed candy heiress 28 years ago

CHICAGO (AP) — A federal informant claims a millionaire candy heiress who mysteriously disappeared 28 years ago was beaten and shot and her body was dumped in an Indiana steel-mill furnace.

The informant's account, contained in court documents filed Tuesday, alleges that horse swindlers beat the 65-year-old Helen Brach at her suburban home in early 1977.

He said they stuffed her into a car — still alive and wrapped in a blanket — and he was ordered to shoot her when she moaned as she was being transferred to another vehicle.

The informant, whom authorities granted immunity from prosecution, confessed to shooting Brach twice and saw her body being dumped in the steel mill in Indiana, according to the statement, recorded in October by a U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent.......................http://courttv.com/news/2005/0309/horse_ap.html

I wasn't sure if this should go here or in 'Cold Cases' but I figured since her body has never been found and although foul play was always suspected BUT never determined I thought Id put it here as she's still "missing".
    Feel free to move it elsewhere Mods.!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Helen's thread

Thanks for the update, messiecake

I'm not sure how much everyone here already knows, but for those who haven't kept up with the Chicago Horse Mafia:

Joe Plemmons and Kenny Hansen killed Helen Brach on the orders of Richard Bailey. Bailey is already in prison for soliciting her murder.
    Kenny is in prison since 1995 for killing 3 boys back in the 70's. (there was a rumored connection to Gacy)
    Joe has immunity because he testified against Bailey, so I don't know if he will ever be charged with the murder.

Kenny also killed George Jayne's assistant, a young woman, at a horse show.
    Si later killed his half-brother, George.

Kenny also killed the three girls from the Indiana Dunes. Two of those girls rode at George's barn, where Kenny was the ranchhand.

If any of this is new info to anyone, I can provide links.

They did a "City Confidential" segment of her disappearance. Such a shame what happened to her. Money doesn't guaranty that someone won't be lonely.

Kind of OT.

I love chocolate covered cherries and Brach's made the best ones. I haven't been able to find them for a few years now. I don't like the other brands.

Plemmons then testified that Bailey tried to solicit him to kill Brach for
    $5000.
    Judge Shadur, at the time of the trial, sealed the Santiago Proffer and said
    Cathy Jayne's testimony was not credible, but that Plemmons knew details
    which he could only have known if what he said about Bailey was true.

In return for his testimony, he did 17 months instead of 3 years on horse
    swindling fraud case. He also became good friends with ATF Agent Rotunno.
    In gratitude for his testimony in Hansens trial and Baileys trial, Rotunno
    got the feds to pay for Plemmons' hernia operation, and the feds also paid
    Plemmons $61,000. Plemmons also received immunity in Bailey's case.

Joe Plemmons and ATF Rotunno good friends. Wow! Birds of a feather flock together!

The ATF, Joe Plemmons and that reporter look like together have attempted to pull off one of the biggest cons ever! The Helen Brach murder being solved the way they have put it together is a LIE!They have massively abused their power and attempted to convict an innocent family.This one reporter has completely abused his power. I would make him pay for these lies, misinformation and the way he attacked innocent people!I have proof that this reporter has used some illegal ways of putting the Helen Brach murder has been solved on TV and the computer. His news station makes lots of money from creating lies about an innocent family!Do they really care if they destroy innocent people to make their money?
    midnight rider

Re: Helen Brach murder & Joe Plemmons
    Posted: 7 Oct 2005 09:47 PM Reply Advise
    June 20, 2005. I just received an email from the Justice Department regarding the 10
    Freedom of Information Act requests. They have the documents we need, (the
    RICO indictments, all the ATF reports and FBI reports, your FBI file, on and
    on) and I have to pick them up at the Dirksen Blg. which I will do tomorrow.
    The problem is there are 4000 pages to be picked up, and pursuant to the
    Federal law because the requests came from an attorney on behalf of a client
    (you) they are authorized by law to charge a dollar a page. I still have
    $2008 left from the other monies earmarked for the document retrieval
    service, but need an additional check from you for $1992.00 ....
    midnight rider

Re: Helen Brach murder & Joe Plemmons
    Posted: 6 Oct 2005 08:04 PM Reply Advise
    Not only
    did I find the former FBI agent who is leaking this stuff to Goudie, but
    guess who he worked for after he left the FBI? You guessed it: The Brach
    Candy Company. This keeps getting better and better. I have been up reading
    and organizing this stuff for 2 days straight. Now it's 4:00 am and I have
    to run to Kinko's for another ink cartridge for the printer.
    midnight rider

I am having a difficult time. I an uncertain who I can trust at this point. Should I trust Joe Plemmons, ATF Rotunno, Chuck Goudie or Suddam Hussein?
    I feel sad at this point that our system has let our country down! For me to have a problem answering this question is terrifying!
    midnight rider

I only hope I have exposed enough light on these sick liars! I feel strongly that someone needs to act quickly to change the way the ATF does business. This is a disgrace to the American people. They need to be exposed or how will corrections be made.
    midnight rider

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast