WY WY - Justin Harris, 13, Casper, 15 Feb 2004

Kelly

Founder, Project Jason
Reaction score
Website
www.projectjason.org
Note: At this time, they have Jason's photo shown on their site, rather than Justin's. I have asked them to correct this.

http://namct.com/news/index.php?blog=31&cat=59

18 Wheels Turn Nationwide for Missing Boy

SWINK, OKLAHOMA, (NAMC) – A father’s love for his son knows no bounds, and when that son has been ripped from his arms, he will move Heaven and Earth to find him. The caption above his photo simply states: MISSING.

He is Justin Harris, 14, of Casper, WY, missing since February 15, 2004.

It is not such a simple matter for his father, Phillip Harris, an over the road truck driver, who is doing everything he can to find Justin, as his heart is breaking as he fears for the well-being and safety of his son.

Strangers across the country are also helping Justin’s father in many ways, and now some of the country’s best natural networkers, truck drivers, are going to help find the young man by their participation in the 18 Wheel Angels program.

18 Wheel Angels is a national missing person’s locator program spearheaded by nonprofit organization Project Jason. The program enlists the aid of truck drivers and business travelers to place posters of missing persons along their routes as they travel across the country. Participants are asked to go to the 18 Wheel Angels link on the Project Jason website at www.projectjason.org, and to then download and print as many posters as they can place. Anyone can participate. Justin Harris’ 18 Wheel Angel campaign began on March 1st.and will run through the 15th.

In addition to the 18 Wheel Angels campaign, Project Jason, working together with JB Scott Publishing of Anniston, AL, has featured Justin in the monthly publication, Through the Gears. He is also on their website at www.truckjobseekers.com.

Justin’s father, Phillip has also arranged for two billboards in the Casper area which now bear his son’s photo. He will be featured in the April issue of Over the Road magazine.

Phillip remembers his son as kind, considerate, helpful, and lovable. “Justin is a very quiet and shy boy, he could get along with any one… he would sit for hours on end and play with his hot wheel cars or give a helping hand where needed… he enjoyed trucks, cars and drawing such as well. If only I could see him right now, I would tell him that Jacob, Jodie, Kay Marie and I love him dearly and miss him with all our hearts, and that I am still here and fighting for him and wish he were here.

Phillip says that when he finds Justin, he will take some time off to go fishing with his son. When asked what the public can do, he responded: “Individuals can help by placing a poster in their place of employment and sending it to all their family and friends with the friends and family doing the same to pass the flyers around, so they can keep their eyes pealed. Please take 1 extra minute to look at a child to be sure and then contact local authorities, but not only with my son but all children, they can look and see how the child is acting with the adult to see if everything is normal between the two.”

As awareness is key in missing person’s cases, it is important for Justin’s face to be seen so that he can be found and reunited with his family.

Project Jason was founded by Kelly Jolkowski, mother of missing Omaha, NE youth Jason Jolkowski. The all volunteer group’s mission is to create and increase public awareness of missing people through a variety of outreach and educational activities. Project Jason seeks to bring hope and assistance to families of the missing by providing resources and support.

Justin is a white male, 5’ tall and 110 lbs with blonde hair and green eyes.

To contact Kelly Jolkowski: 402-932-0095
To contact the Casper, WY Police: 307-235-8278

Star-Tribune Story

Missing child's parents left out

By TOM MORTON
Star-Tribune staff writer Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The latest local effort to find teenager Justin Harris, who's been missing for 18 months, has included the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, the U.S. Postal Service, and local and federal law enforcement agencies.

It did not include the boy's parents Tuesday.

Phillip Harris said he didn't receive any response to questions when he heard of a news conference Tuesday announcing letter carriers would distribute 38,400 missing child fliers to area households and businesses.

"They failed to return my phone calls," Harris said. "I was supposed to be there."

Stephanie Sidebottom didn't hear anything, period, she said.

"I'm stunned," Sidebottom said. "I feel like I'd been kicked in the gut."

Sidebottom learned of the event late Tuesday afternoon after a reporter contacted her.

"This was a complete surprise," she said. "Nobody said, 'hey, this is coming.'"

Participating agencies had good intentions.

"This is to help aid in the search for Justin Harris," Casper Postmaster Susan Gray said at the main Casper Post Office at 411 S. Forest Drive. "Few things are more frightening than the abduction of a child."

Justin was reported missing from his residence at the R.L. Mills home in north Casper on Feb. 15, 2004, acting Casper Police Chief Mike Moore said.

Justin, who would be 15 now, had blond hair and stood 5 feet tall, he said.

He also required medication but did not have it when he was reported missing, Moore said.

"It is our sincere belief that somebody and someone, somewhere knows where Justin is," Moore said.

Police detective Stacia Francisco said Justin's parents have been cooperating with authorities in the search.

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service, the nation's oldest federal law enforcement agency, joined the Deliver Me Home Network two years ago, said Andrew Rivas of the Postal Inspection's Denver regional office.

Rivas said later Tuesday that he didn't know why, nor could he comment, on why Justin's parents weren't at the news conference.

"It's the Casper Police Department's case," he said.

On the other hand, Moore said late Tuesday that the Postal Inspection Service set up the event.

"The news conference was organized by the Postal Inspection Service and law enforcement felt it would be best to be there at that," Moore said.

Gray could not be reached for comment.

Sidebottom expressed gratitude toward those looking for her son and would have attended the event had she known about it, she said.

But the lack of communication has been a recurring problem, Sidebottom said. "We've asked to be kept informed of this investigation, and we have not been."

The past 18 months have been painful enough, and were made that much more poignant when she and her other four children honored, but did not celebrate with cake and presents, Justin's 15th birthday Saturday, she said.

Members of law enforcement agencies should spend a week with her family to understand the pain, Sidebottom said.

"A little compassion would go a long way," she said.

Phillip Harris, a truck driver who lives in Fort Towson, Okla., believes Justin is alive and knows of his possible whereabouts, he said.

Harris also said he and Sidebottom are now working together to solve the mystery of their son's disappearance.

"I will get it done," he said. "I will nail the sons-of-b--s

Kelly, is there more info about this boy? Did he disappear from his home when no one else was home? Had he been having problems of any type? His dad thinks that he may know who has Justin? The top link didn't take me to anything to do with the disappearance of Justin. Does he have a web site?

I know, lots of questions but I like to get a feel for the person and that way I remember them. It is just heart breaking to know that there are so many people of all ages missing and no one knows what happened to them. When I think of the number of evil people in this world it scares me spitless.

Thanks for inquiring. I think this link will answer more questions for you. Of course, we are not at liberty to comment on the active leads, we just hope that he will be found soon. A website will be made for Justin in the near future.

More Info about Justin

No updates. His father elected to purchase the domain and be in charge of that. We maintain and update the site with information from the family and news stories, etc.

Since he did that, and the expiration notifications were sent to him, we did not know it was coming due and had expired.

We found out earlier today through a site check. I will be emailing the family tonight to see what is going on. What may have happened was a change of email address on their side.

The website no longer exists. Any updates on the case?

Hoppy

harris_justin2.jpg
harris_justin_ap.jpg

Missing Since: February 15, 2004 from Casper, Wyoming
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: August 20, 1990
Height and Weight: 5'0, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, green eyes. Harris wears eyeglasses.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Possibly a gray jacket and black snowboots.
Medical Conditions: Harris has been prescribed anti-depressant medication; he may not have the medicine with him. He is developmentally disabled and has the abilities of a six- to seven-year-old.

Details of Disappearance

Harris was last seen at the R. L. Mills Home, a children's home where he resided in Casper, Wyoming. At 7:00 a.m. on February 15, 2004, workers at the home found his room empty after he failed to show up for breakfast. His bed was found stuffed with clothes.

Harris's father, a truck driver who has been fighting for custody of Harris and his sister since 1995, believes Harris ran away to be with him. His father theorizes that Harris is either still in the Casper area, or has run to Swink, Oklahoma, where his father lives. Harris had threatened to run away to Oklahoma in the past.

Harris had been living in the children's home as a ward of the state since the summer of 2003, and had been doing very well there. His parents had willingly turned him and his brother over to state custody. Harris's case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Casper Police Department

307-235-8278

This case is kind of strange. Apparently Justin was in a group home/ foster care type situation and may or may not have run away?
I found this blog article about his case though. Its definitely written by someone with their own opinions about the case I'd say, but has some good info if anyone's interested.

edit- forgot the link:)
http://criminalconduct.blogspot.com/2007/02/little-boy-lost-what-happened-to-justin.html

Man, the father is quite the "piece of work" isn't he? I have to say I am in shock after reading that blog.

I find this part extremely disturbing. Especially if it's how it looks and he's taking advantage of Kelly! He has an angel on his side in Kelly and it would be a crying shame to see her taken advantage of.

"With all of Harris’ posturing against any attention being drawn to Justin’s story, after three years he has allowed the picture of missing person Jason Jolkowski to remain attached to a story about his son, rather than having the image replaced with one of Justin. Yet he has a fit as soon as he finds some lowly blogger who has dared to write about the boy.

It seems reasonable to assume that if parents are serious about getting the plight of their missing child before the public then they would be shopping their child’s story to every media outlet they could find. At the very least, you would think that a parent that was offering a reward for their missing child would post that information on the numerous missing child bulletin boards that are all over the Internet, especially those that their child is listed on. But that didn’t happen in this case. In fact the primary individual who posts on the missing message boards in Justin’s behalf is Kelly Jolkowski. Neither of Justin’s parent’s appear to have ever lifted a finger toward a keyboard & Internet connection for the benefit of their lost son."

What picture is on the billboards the father put up in Casper? Were those also Kelly's son Jason?

Man, the father is quite the "piece of work" isn't he? I have to say I am in shock after reading that blog.

I just read the blog. Gosh...poor Justin.

Even if the parents weren't involved in Justin's disappearance, they still don't come off very well.

I just read the blog. Gosh...poor Justin.

Even if the parents weren't involved in Justin's disappearance, they still don't come off very well.

Jolynna, that is the same thing that I am thinking!

The story is bizarre to say the least.:confused:

Jolynna, that is the same thing that I am thinking!

The story is bizarre to say the least.:confused:

Here I am quoting myself, but I tried to get back into that blog, and permission was denied....Hmmmm....

For The Missing: Pacific Northwest

Justin Harris has been missing from Wyoming for 7 years today.

Charley Project - Justin Phillip Harris - Casper WY, 2004

‎13-year-old Justin Harris disappeared from Casper, Wyoming on February 15, 2004. He was last seen at a childrens' home where he lived. At 7:00 am, his bed was found stuffed with clothes. Justin may have attempted to run away from the home, but no evidence has been found.

Thanks for bringing this to the top today. I haven't heard anything on the local news about this being an anniversary of his missing. IMO today would have been a wonderful day for those that love & miss Justin to have his story put in the spotlight again media wise. I wonder if his relatives are even still in the Wyoming area? There really isn't much recent information out there about Justin which IMO is sad.

Justin I hope you are safe somewhere and if not I hope they find you and bring justice to those that hurt you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back