1137 users online (226 members and 911 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

PA - Sarah Majoras, 39, New Hope, 27 January 2013 - #4

Gathering to remember New Hope Sarah Majoras in Lambertville - Saturday, February 02, 2013

Majoras had gone missing in the early morning hours on Jan. 26 after leaving John and Peterís bar where she was out with friends. Majoras also worked as a bartender at the local hotspot.

Her body was recovered from the D&R canal on Wednesday shortly after one of her boots was spotted floating in the canal.

Officials do not suspect foul play in Majorasí death and are calling it a tragic accident. It remains unclear as to how the 39-year-old ended up in the canal.

Rest in Peace

Links to Previous Threads:

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Please note: we do not yet have the official cause of death. You may speculate evidence you can link up regarding whether you feel it is an accident or not. You may not accuse LE of not doing their job or start questioning if this person or that is responsible for her death. If the situation changes and the rules change with it, we will let you know.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Investigators do not suspect foul play, but details about how Majoras ended in the water are not known.

Surveillance cameras showed Majoras walking toward the towpath. The temperature on the evening she disappeared was freezing.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...ING/302220031/

Nope, it ain't over til it's over ...

There's a new article in the Trentonian today. The newspaper made an Open Public Records Act request of the prosecutor's office, presumably for the autopsy report. Go Trentonian!

The prosecutor appears to be hedging ... he says "We speak conditionally for a reason because we donít know for a 100 percent on these things.Ē Not sure what it means, but I think we should all stay tuned ...

PA - Sarah Majoras, 39, New Hope, 27 January 2013 #4

Please continue here.

Salem

Checking in for the new thread. Interesting that the case is still officially open. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by curioser View Post
    Checking in for the new thread. Interesting that the case is still officially open. Hmmm...
    I agree!
    Very interesting indeed!
    I do not think she slipped and fell in.
    jmo

There is an interesting commentary about SM on the gather dot com site. I tried to cut and paste the link, but I couldn't. I went to the site and typed in SM's name and read the commentary/article that way.

I am not surprised at all that the case is still open. I hope we get some additional information.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyRN View Post
    There is an interesting commentary about SM on the gather dot com site. I tried to cut and paste the link, but I couldn't. I went to the site and typed in SM's name and read the commentary/article that way.

I am not surprised at all that the case is still open. I hope we get some additional information.
    I believe that is by the Killing Killers guy. He talked about it on his site.

Anyone interested in David Anderson might want to keep up with his thread.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyRN View Post

Eponymous Rox is the same guy who runs the killingkillers blog. He's been the lead pitchfork in the AB witch hunt from day 1 and he's more about sensationalism than fact, so you gotta take what he says with a huge grain of salt. I have not heard any "rampant speculation" about the case on either side of the river or all over the internet, except on his site and to a lesser extent, places like this community.

With that said, obviously, there are still unanswered questions about the case, and for that reason, I hope they do keep the invetigation open until all questions are answered, but I don't see any evidence that there's been any sort of cover up or even mismanagement by LE, so at this point, I believe what LE are saying.

* They have said all along that there's no evidence anywhere of any kind of foul play. Therefore, I believe that there's actually no evidence of any foul play to the point where nothing at all makes it unlikely there actually was any foul play. In other words, the lack of evidence of anything other than an accident is apparently strong enough to label the death accidental.
    * They've said that AB is ruled out. Therefore, I believe AB could not have been involved in SM's death, even if the death was not an accident. There is no reason to believe otherwise without questioning either the intentions or competence of LE. ER clearly questions their intentions because saying LE is part of a vast conspiracy by a "good ole boys" network to cover up small town crime is much more sensationalized than just saying they're stupid.
    * There is no backtracking or panic about "rushed judgment" from the DA's office. Asked for clarification, the DA's office basically said the case was labeled an accident because that is the overwhelming likelihood, even if the investigation is not fully closed. The "incomplete" autopsy/tox report sounded mostly like a paperwork issue and that LE's prior statement was based on what the ME said would be in the final report.
    * DA's case is not officially called a "tragic accident". The MOD in that case is "undetermined".

Could more information come out in this case? Sure, as long as there are still unanswered questions and the investigation is still open, but it doesn't seem likely, and I'll reserve judgment on anyone until at least I see enough for LE to call it anything other than an accident.

Could more information come out in this case? Sure, as long as there are still unanswered questions and the investigation is still open, but it doesn't seem likely, and I'll reserve judgment on anyone until at least I see enough for LE to call it anything other than an accident.[/QUOTE]

Sure, NJJohn, I agree with you, I shall reserve judgment, as well. However, the commentary is an interesting article that mirrors what a lot of people still seem to believe, IMHO.

Also, on the Light the Path FB page, there seems to be various local folks who do not think that SM's case was an accident. However, as you said, NJJohn, I shall reserve judgment and hope more information comes our way.

Bumping up for Sarah...

Quote Originally Posted by NJJohn View Post
    ... I have not heard any "rampant speculation" about the case on either side of the river or all over the internet, except on his site and to a lesser extent, places like this community. ...
    NJJohn, in my experience, if you only hang with like-minded people, you only hear what you think. I live here too, and I hear plenty of debate, as well as "rampant speculation." IMO, people here are uneasy about the possibility that something that does not meet the eye befell SM.

For anyone interested in the "Gather" commentary, it's worth reading, IMHO, because it mentions a range of possibilities. WS seems to be blocking links to that site, but you can find it easily using the method RileyRN reccos.

Here is my two cents: I don't know what really happened to Sarah. I don't know what really happened to David. I don't know if any of the conjecture and speculation of foul play is in any way correct...
    There is one thing I do know...
    On March 11th the public was blatantly lied to by Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns III...
    It turns out that the manner and cause of Sarah's death was not yet official and the case was in fact not yet closed.
    Don't know why the decision was made to make these false statements publicly. But I do know that this is exactly what happened 3 weeks ago. This is a fact that is as real as the fact that two friends David Anderson and Sarah Majoras were both found tragically and mysteriously dead in the waters of the Delaware Raritan Canal after going missing after leaving John and Peter's in the early morning hours.
    One step closer to knowing...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast