CA CA - Neal King, 25, Oroville, 26 March 2013

SurfieTX

Reaction score
CHICO — Family, friends and a longtime live-in girlfriend have not seen Neal King, 25, of Chico, since Tuesday when he reportedly attended a business meeting at an Oroville residence.
After meeting at a home in the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue at 11 a.m., King reportedly was not heard from again and left his vehicle at the residence, which was later towed, said Juliana King, his sister, of Texas.

After missing for four days, his live-in girlfriend of five years, Jenny, became worried and reported him missing to Chico Police Department on Friday, King said.

~~~

Police are hesitant to discuss personal details and names of people involved in the business meeting due to the nature of the case, and will be moving the
case to county jurisdiction, said Officer Terry Tupper of the Chico Police Department.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/california/ci_22913977/missing-chico-man-last-seen-east-oroville

Missing poster also featured here on Facebook Chico media: https://www.facebook.com/ChicoER

I hope they find him. It doesn't sound good though. Why would a live in girlfriend wait 4 days to report him Missing?

Police are hesitant to discuss personal details and names of people involved in the business meeting due to the nature of the case, and will be moving the
case to county jurisdiction, said Officer Terry Tupper of the Chico Police Department.

Well now I want to know more!

She waits FOUR days?

But perhaps she was out of town and for some reason thought he was fine and at home.....
I really would like to hear why she waited four days.

editted to add: a business meeting at a residence sounds hinky right there, to me....

She waits FOUR days?

But perhaps she was out of town and for some reason thought he was fine and at home.....

editted to add: a business meeting at a residence sounds hinky right there, to me....

BBM: me too. And if he has a phone what kind if activity has it had.

She waits FOUR days?

Tupperware Convention? :fence:

After meeting at a home in the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue at 11 a.m., King reportedly was not heard from again and left his vehicle at the residence, which was later towed.
(Map showing general area of 4000 block of Hildale area)

Not too many homes in the area.

<mod snip>

Is this better or is it still blowing the margins?

NM, deleted it .

Weird if something happened to him there that the vehicle was left there. Who towed it? Did the residents report it abandoned? It doesn't sound good and sounds downright bizarre.

Weird if something happened to him there that the vehicle was left there. Who towed it? Did the residents report it abandoned? It doesn't sound good and sounds downright bizarre.

I was wondering that same thing, Wolf. Who towed the car? I seem to recall in other cases that California has a parking patrol or some such thing that tags and tows cars that are parked for a prolonged period on residential streets? Maybe a local can chime in on that.

(I'm kind of getting a Gavin Smith vibe here....)

I found the g/f FB and she is devastated. Weird that there doesn't seem to be a fb for him. Her friends list isn't set to private and he certainly would be on there unless he recently deleted it? I hope he wasn't going through some sort of depression recently

The map keeps blowing the margins, can you shorten the link please?

It sounds like he was already dressed for hiking, maybe he went exploring. Oddest part is waiting three days to report him as missing.

I found the g/f FB and she is devastated. Weird that there doesn't seem to be a fb for him. Her friends list isn't set to private and he certainly would be on there unless he recently deleted it? I hope he wasn't going through some sort of depression recently

I couldn't find a page for him through his sister or mom's FB either.

On his girlfriend's page she commented to someone that he told her he was going to see a friend at 10:30am that day and she hasn't heard from him since she found his car where he said he was going to be.

I'm not sure if there's anything to the discrepancy between that and the news report that he was going to a business meeting and his car being towed from that location.

There is clearly an issue with the following:

Hopefully the personal details and names of people involved are classified for some reason other than some potential involvement in his disappearance.

very strange, I too, wonder about waiting for so long to report him missing...was that normal behavior for him to go off for a couple days?

Reads in the article that they always did everything together, Neal and the GF, and never went for more than a day without speaking, he's never gone on vacation without her, or visited family without her even, according to Neal's family, in the article linked in first post.

Then why would she not ring the alarm after 24 hours..... Strange.

I wonder if he was seeing someone else?
But the family is choosing to say Business meeting.
And LE is hesitant t discuss who was at the meeting.
It took 4 days to report him missing.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith