1396 users online (258 members and 1138 guests)  

Websleuths News

Florida Toilet Paper Tax

The Florida Legislature is flush with good ideas. Sen. Al Lawson’s latest involves a way to pay for wastewater treatment and help small towns and counties upgrade their sewer systems.

The Democrat from Tallahassee is proposing a 2-cent-per-roll tax on toilet paper.

“We’ve got 17 million people in this state and all of them can contribute to protecting our underground water supply,” he said.

In a Republican-dominated Legislature that doesn’t like new taxes, the idea could end up in the tank pretty quickly.

Senate President Tom Lee said he didn’t think it would get too far, but didn’t rule it out. “We’ll be getting to the bottom of it real soon,” he said.

more herehttp://wcco.com/water/watercooler_story_070085756.html

Sudzi

test

Ya know, this might not be such a bad idea. I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to have TP. And heaven knows I've been in Walmart plenty of times behind people who smell like they didn't use it. Maybe we could pass a law to fine people who don't wash their hands after using the toilet. Especially in places that serve meals or sale food items. I personally think that is GROSS!!!!!

They better concentrate on fixing the water here because it's totally disgusting and useless,and that's public water.We have to use bottled water for everything.

Those people must be real "bummed." Some may even be "wiped out."
    Karen

Too funny Auntie Karen!

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieKaren
    Those people must be real "bummed." Some may even be "wiped out."
    Karen

Sudzi

Ah, so it's "Make the a$$-wipers pay" now is it?

Gawd I hope the City Council on Tybee Island doesnt get wind of this. They already tax my tushy to death.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Didn't they just start this discussion when Paul got there to visit POCO???? Hummmmm