Florida Toilet Paper Tax

Sudzi

Life is good!
Reaction score
The Florida Legislature is flush with good ideas. Sen. Al Lawson’s latest involves a way to pay for wastewater treatment and help small towns and counties upgrade their sewer systems.

The Democrat from Tallahassee is proposing a 2-cent-per-roll tax on toilet paper.

“We’ve got 17 million people in this state and all of them can contribute to protecting our underground water supply,” he said.

In a Republican-dominated Legislature that doesn’t like new taxes, the idea could end up in the tank pretty quickly.

Senate President Tom Lee said he didn’t think it would get too far, but didn’t rule it out. “We’ll be getting to the bottom of it real soon,” he said.

more herehttp://wcco.com/water/watercooler_story_070085756.html

test

gbusa.gif

Ya know, this might not be such a bad idea. I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to have TP. And heaven knows I've been in Walmart plenty of times behind people who smell like they didn't use it. Maybe we could pass a law to fine people who don't wash their hands after using the toilet. Especially in places that serve meals or sale food items. I personally think that is GROSS!!!!!:sick:

They better concentrate on fixing the water here because it's totally disgusting and useless,and that's public water.We have to use bottled water for everything.

Those people must be real "bummed." Some may even be "wiped out." :D
Karen

Too funny Auntie Karen!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
AuntieKaren said:
Those people must be real "bummed." Some may even be "wiped out." :D
Karen

Gawd I hope the City Council on Tybee Island doesnt get wind of this. They already tax my tushy to death.

Didn't they just start this discussion when Paul got there to visit POCO???? Hummmmm :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back