1056 users online (187 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

GA - Four dead in Atlanta courthouse shooting, Brian Nichols on trial

Breaking news - more to follow. www.courttv.com

Apparently the guy grabbed the gun from the deputy in the courtroom and started shooting. He's on the loose in Atlanta.

I am watching intently....so sad. Suspect still on the loose. I live in Atlanta.

Scary stuff!

CNN Breaking News Story

This article has info on the story. I saw that scene that is pictured live and what the pic doesn't show is what I believe is a deputy with chest wounds and the CPR being giving at a rapid pace. Really scary.

http://www.cnn.com/

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Unhappy

This is just so sad.

love & prayers,

Ariel

This guy must have been quite a shot - he killed three people - and still got away! Where were the other deputies? why didn't they take him down inthe court room... how can people grab guns off trained deputies? this is a wake up call to police everywhere, they can't be lax.

Does anyone know was the gunman a spectator? or on trial??

According to Fox, he was on trial for rape.

The judge and court reporter have died.

This guy is going to be like a caged animal once they have him cornered. I pray for the safety of law enforcement and the citizens in that area. Hate to say it, but I hope he ends his own life and not anyone else's.

From cnn.com....

*snip*
    All four victims were transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, said Sgt. Clarence Huber of the Fulton County Sheriff's Department. A search for the suspect, identified by police as Bryan Nichols, 34, was under way.

Nichols was reportedly facing a retrial for rape and kidnapping in Barnes' courtroom, after a first trial resulted in a hung jury. He is described as an African-American male, 34 years old, about 6 feet, 1 inch tall, and weighing 210 pounds.
    *snip

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    This guy must have been quite a shot - he killed three people - and still got away! Where were the other deputies? why didn't they take him down inthe court room... how can people grab guns off trained deputies? this is a wake up call to police everywhere, they can't be lax.

Does anyone know was the gunman a spectator? or on trial??
    He had the courtroom hostage according to reports then shot 3 people in the courtroom and bolted. Judge, court reporter and one deputy have died. No word of the other deputy. He pistel whipped an Atlanta Journal reporter and took his car. Green Honda Accord and is still on the loose.

Brian Nichols ( the perp) was on trial for rape and sodomy along with kidnapping and having weapons and drugs. A jury member was just interviewed and he said the perp made him nervous as he was always staring down the jury. The jury had brought a card for the court reporter today because she had baked brownies and cookies for them....they didn't have a chance to give it to her.

40 metro schools on lock down.

No kidding on the schools lockeddown - that was the first thing I thought about, if he headed into one of them.

So is this guy in a bright orange jumpsuit? any word on why he wasn't handcuffed or is he coming and going from court on his own free will? maybe he's not jailed?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    No kidding on the schools lockeddown - that was the first thing I thought about, if he headed into one of them.

So is this guy in a bright orange jumpsuit? any word on why he wasn't handcuffed or is he coming and going from court on his own free will? maybe he's not jailed?
    No, he was in street clothes and not handcuffed in court as not to prejudice the jury (like Scott Peterson). He was jailed prior to courtroom appearance.

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    He had the courtroom hostage according to reports then shot 3 people in the courtroom and bolted. Judge, court reporter and one deputy have died. No word of the other deputy. He pistel whipped an Atlanta Journal reporter and took his car. Green Honda Accord and is still on the loose.

Brian Nichols ( the perp) was on trial for rape and sodomy along with kidnapping and having weapons and drugs. A jury member was just interviewed and he said the perp made him nervous as he was always staring down the jury. The jury had brought a card for the court reporter today because she had baked brownies and cookies for them....they didn't have a chance to give it to her.

40 metro schools on lock down.
    This just gets worse-n-worse! I hope they get this scum
    and SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date...I'd turn on the news but don't
    really want my little one sto hear this.

More horrific stories

This guy is bad. And freaking dangerous. AJC reporter's story.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...11obriant.html

Just heard that on Tuesday they found a "shank" on him when they searched him! This guy should have been shackled because of that!!! They are still looking for him and I also have heard that it is 5 people shot--keeps changin on the news.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast