GUILTY GA - Four dead in Atlanta courthouse shooting, Brian Nichols on trial

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Breaking news - more to follow. www.courttv.com

Apparently the guy grabbed the gun from the deputy in the courtroom and started shooting. He's on the loose in Atlanta.

I am watching intently....so sad. Suspect still on the loose. I live in Atlanta.

This article has info on the story. I saw that scene that is pictured live and what the pic doesn't show is what I believe is a deputy with chest wounds and the CPR being giving at a rapid pace. Really scary.

http://www.cnn.com/

This is just so sad. :(

:( :(

:confused:

love & prayers,

Ariel

This guy must have been quite a shot - he killed three people - and still got away! Where were the other deputies? why didn't they take him down inthe court room... how can people grab guns off trained deputies? this is a wake up call to police everywhere, they can't be lax.

Does anyone know was the gunman a spectator? or on trial??

According to Fox, he was on trial for rape.

The judge and court reporter have died.

This guy is going to be like a caged animal once they have him cornered. I pray for the safety of law enforcement and the citizens in that area. Hate to say it, but I hope he ends his own life and not anyone else's.

From cnn.com....

*snip*
All four victims were transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, said Sgt. Clarence Huber of the Fulton County Sheriff's Department. A search for the suspect, identified by police as Bryan Nichols, 34, was under way.

Nichols was reportedly facing a retrial for rape and kidnapping in Barnes' courtroom, after a first trial resulted in a hung jury. He is described as an African-American male, 34 years old, about 6 feet, 1 inch tall, and weighing 210 pounds.
*snip

Casshew said:
This guy must have been quite a shot - he killed three people - and still got away! Where were the other deputies? why didn't they take him down inthe court room... how can people grab guns off trained deputies? this is a wake up call to police everywhere, they can't be lax.

Does anyone know was the gunman a spectator? or on trial??

He had the courtroom hostage according to reports then shot 3 people in the courtroom and bolted. Judge, court reporter and one deputy have died. No word of the other deputy. He pistel whipped an Atlanta Journal reporter and took his car. Green Honda Accord and is still on the loose.

Brian Nichols ( the perp) was on trial for rape and sodomy along with kidnapping and having weapons and drugs. A jury member was just interviewed and he said the perp made him nervous as he was always staring down the jury. The jury had brought a card for the court reporter today because she had baked brownies and cookies for them....they didn't have a chance to give it to her.

40 metro schools on lock down.

No kidding on the schools lockeddown - that was the first thing I thought about, if he headed into one of them.

So is this guy in a bright orange jumpsuit? any word on why he wasn't handcuffed or is he coming and going from court on his own free will? maybe he's not jailed?

Casshew said:
No kidding on the schools lockeddown - that was the first thing I thought about, if he headed into one of them.

So is this guy in a bright orange jumpsuit? any word on why he wasn't handcuffed or is he coming and going from court on his own free will? maybe he's not jailed?

No, he was in street clothes and not handcuffed in court as not to prejudice the jury (like Scott Peterson). He was jailed prior to courtroom appearance.

concernedperson said:
He had the courtroom hostage according to reports then shot 3 people in the courtroom and bolted. Judge, court reporter and one deputy have died. No word of the other deputy. He pistel whipped an Atlanta Journal reporter and took his car. Green Honda Accord and is still on the loose.

Brian Nichols ( the perp) was on trial for rape and sodomy along with kidnapping and having weapons and drugs. A jury member was just interviewed and he said the perp made him nervous as he was always staring down the jury. The jury had brought a card for the court reporter today because she had baked brownies and cookies for them....they didn't have a chance to give it to her.

40 metro schools on lock down.

:( :( This just gets worse-n-worse! I hope they get this scum
and SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:furious: :furious: :furious:

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date...I'd turn on the news but don't
really want my little one sto hear this.

Just heard that on Tuesday they found a "shank" on him when they searched him! This guy should have been shackled because of that!!! They are still looking for him and I also have heard that it is 5 people shot--keeps changin on the news.

He was on trial for ..rape,sodomy,aggravated assault,posession of a deadly weapon in commission of a felony...not sure if I got them all. Didn't have the list up on TV for very long.

This reallyy sucks! I actually admonished my Husband to keep his doors locked LOL. He has to head toward Atlanta today for work so I will be worried until he gets back or they find this creep! Just in--2 people died in court room--Judge and clerk--Bailiff died at hospital and deputy died at hospital. One other deputy also shot.

Also numerous attempted carjackings--one person injured in the attempts not sure how badly hurt. They are unsure which vehicle he is in right now but have a definate plate number for one of them. It is possible he took another car since then.

Animal04216 said:
Just heard that on Tuesday they found a "shank" on him when they searched him! This guy should have been shackled because of that!!! They are still looking for him and I also have heard that it is 5 people shot--keeps changin on the news.
This ticks me off.... street clothes so as not to predjudice the jury...no cuffs or shackles!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Once more people die because we are protecting the rights of slime like this!:behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back