MI MI - Aaron Idle, 30, Owosso, 23 March 2013

pianokiller

Reaction score
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/04/owosso_township_man_missing_fo.html

snipped from article:

Aaron Idle, a father of two, was last seen leaving his parent's Owosso Township home. He was walking to the gas station about a quarter mile from the home.

Aaron Weston Idle
Brown Hair
Brown Eyes
5'9
160lbs
Last seen wearing a dark snowmobiling coat with reflectors, blue jeans, and brown Timberland brand boots. He did have his cellphone [unused] and did NOT have his wallet. It has been assumed he had loose money in his coat pocket to use at the gas station. He was not on any of the surveillance footage at the gas station.

This is a case local to where I live and it's hardly getting any attention. Aaron was previously a drug user but the family said he was clean at the time of his disappearance. They insist he was NOT suicidal, nor was drunk. They believe he met with foul play. Currently search parties are searching heavily wooded areas and the river in the area he went missing.

facebook page to help find him:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-find-Aaron-Idle/152843638215809

8161_152844034882436_729163506_n.jpg

Per the family member running the facebook page, they checked the surveillance video at the Speedway gas station Aaron never arrived.

Still missing. Aerial search planned. They've also had K-9 units checking riverbed and heavily wooded areas. Personally, it seems as the police are treating this as a body recovery now instead of a missing search.

No, I agree. I used to take that road to work. There's always cars day/night and it's well lit.

There seems to be a lot of fields, was his walk right up the street, or down another street that he could have cut thru a field?

I have a feeling that he was never planning on heading to the gas station, and that he may have been meeting up with someone. That would explain why he never arrived or was shown on surveillance, when the way there was along a busy road where he surely would have been seen by passing traffic.

Prayers for this young man and his family, may he be found safely soon.

AAron Idle had a page on Argus press that appeared to be a discussion type page. It had the rules to use the page such as keep it clean, no bad language, etc. His picture was on the page along with pictures of places around Owosso and the emblems of schools in the area. About a week after he went missing, at 10:30 one morning, there was what said it was a post by him. This was during the time that people were searching for him around the river, etc. I sent a post to the Flint Police Operations page under his missing information and suggested they check and see if it was really him that had posted that morning. If so, they would know he was alive and probably well on that day. I don't know if anyone ever checked it out. Now when I try to go to the page on the Internet I can't go there anymore and it says "User ID Failed." The page seems to be gone. If someone thinks he could be in Flint, what side of Flint? My husband and I work as volunteers in a prevention agency on the east side of Flint 3 days a week and know and talk to a lot of people in that area. And we go to church on the southwest side of Flint too.

The olive have seemed to have had info that was seen on Flint recently.

I truly hope this is a case of someone who just needed a break from everything disappearing for awhile, although his family seems to think this isn't the case.

He went missing on my birthday. I hope he is found soon!

http://www.argus-press.com/news/article_b38c83ac-9d36-11e2-8289-0019bb2963f4.html

However, the investigation has led police to additional people that have provided police with information that “dramatically change” the circumstances of the investigation, said Det. Lt. David Kirk with the Shiawassee County Sheriff’s Office. He did not disclose what the new information was, but said it opens up additional investigative avenues that detectives are “vigorously looking into.”

“The potential for personal jeopardy is significantly higher than first reported,” Kirk said Wednesday.

The sheriff’s office earlier this week executed a search warrant at a home on Dewey Street in Owosso after the investigation had led them to the house. One person at the home was arrested by the Mid-Michigan Area Group Narcotics Enforcement Team and will likely face heroin charges.

Kirk said the detective bureau is in the process of attempting to obtain about a half dozen additional search warrants in the search for Idle, but would not elaborate on the circumstances of the warrants.

Another article, farther upthread, states that Aaron had struggled in the past with drug addiction. This most recent article says that during the course of the search for him, a man was arrested on heroin charges. Sadly, I fear this disappearance is drug-related. Aaron may have had a relapse and come across some trouble, or may have been completely clean and unexpectedly come into contact with some shady characters from his past. Either way, I hope he's found soon, and safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back