GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #2

Updated Summers and Martinez Conviction and Arrest Records

Tobias Summers

• 2001 driving without a license
  • 2002 possessing explosives, receiving stolen property
  • 2003 grand theft
  • 2005 grand theft
  • 2006 petty theft with prior convictions
  • 2009 petty theft with prior convictions, battery, child annoyance
  • 2012 July released from prison
  • 2013 Jan 10 arrested suspicion of a felony. Jailed for 9 days on violation of probation.
  • 2013 Jan 19 released from jail (see Jan 10 2013)

(Also has been arrested on suspicion of crimes including kidnapping, robbery and auto theft. No dates given.)

Info from these 2 articles

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_22...elease-name-suspect-kidnapping-sexual-assault

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9047532

Daniel Martinez
Date Of Birth: 10/07/1983 Age: 29

APD records show Martinez has been arrested at least seven previous times on suspicion of crimes including battery, possession of a dangerous weapon and making criminal threats.

He has been convicted of making criminal threats, burglary, theft, unlawful entrance, resisting or obstructing an officer and possession of a nunchaku, court records show.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_2291704...e-girl-second-suspect?source=most_viewed.html

Between 2004 and 2012, Martinez was convicted of burglary, petty theft, grand theft, resisting a police officer and unlawfully entering a property, records showed. In April 2012, he was convicted of threats of death or great bodily injury.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ng-suspect-san-diego-20130402,0,1181714.story

Both - Regarding Prison

It's unclear exactly how long either suspect has spent behind bars. But it appears Summers received an eight-month prison sentence in the petty theft case, and Martinez was sentenced to 16 months in prison in the grand theft case.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ng-suspect-san-diego-20130402,0,1181714.story

Morning Sleuthers! Hoping today is the day TS is caught. What's everyones thoughts on the lack of info surrounding DM?
-No mugshot even with extensive arrest history
-LE's insistance that TS was the only suspect
-Not named as a suspect or person of interest until after arrested.
-Arrested 4:25am 3/31 yet no announcement of an arrest (or 2nd suspect) until 1pm-ish 4/1

Could be be some kind of informant? Maybe he turned himself in? Weird, weird, weird!

could he have made a deal with LE and said "ill tell you what i know, but i dont want my picture released"??? but why would he turn himself in if he didn't know he was being sought... unless he was feeling guilty, but when does THAT ever happen in these cases??

I was thinking he was arrested as a "patsy" or bait, waiting for the main suspect to slip up. But the $1million bond may disprove that theory.

I'm thinking they didn't want TS to know they had his partner and they are still playing some kind of game with it all. If they don't publish his picture, TS cannot be sure they have the right guy, right?

I don't know. LOL - I'm just guessing but it certainly is frustrating. I think his picture should be plastered all over the place so everyone will know what he did.

Salem

I'm thinking they didn't want TS to know they had his partner and they are still playing some kind of game with it all. If they don't publish his picture, TS cannot be sure they have the right guy, right?

I don't know. LOL - I'm just guessing but it certainly is frustrating. I think his picture should be plastered all over the place so everyone will know what he did.

Salem

And so any additional victims can come forward too. I don't think this was the first time they did this.

Salem

Did you read post 992 in the last thread? Someone asked what other posters thought of the lack of info/pic of DM..TGIRecovered guessed at a possible reason. It was a very clever and creative guess but it explained the lack of info, IMO.

Did you read post 992 in the last thread? Someone asked what other posters thought of the lack of info/pic of DM..TGIRecovered guessed at a possible reason. It was a very clever and creative guess but it explained the lack of info, IMO.

I agree, TGIRecovered's theory is very interesting.

Martinez has several previous arrests & convictions. Shouldn't there be mugshots from those available to the public?

I agree about TGIR's post and theory. I just don't really think this guy is a narc because of his rap sheet. But... maybe that is why he is a narc, kwim?

It could be that DM had no idea what TS was up too and he did what he could to help the victim, as opposed to subjecting her to more terror. :(

Oh.... I have no words to describe how this makes me feel inside. Ugh!

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back