Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1694

Thread: a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

What gives ALV the RIGHT to dare approach Samantha after slandering Travis and saying she does not think he is a victim????

Quote Originally Posted by katiecoolady View Post
    I wonder how the legitimate victims of Domestic Violence who've actually been beaten up, hospitalized, ruined financially, terrorized etc feel about her testimony that Travis Alexander was the worst case of abuse she'd ever seen.

She's really gone off the deep end for this sociopath.

Why? Why? Why?

I'd love it if Juan would end his cross with one final ( admittedly objectionable) question:

Was all this worth it for you?
    It may be an objectionable question in a court of law but in the court of public opinion it's right on the money.

“Do you not know that there comes a midnight hour when every one has to throw off his mask? Do you believe that life will always let itself be mocked? Do you think you can slip away a little before midnight in order to avoid this? Or are you not terrified by it?" - Soren Kierkegaard

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DAWN TREADER For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    LOL - are you and Brooke reading my post I was trying to write in a logical way? Here is what I had so far, but I will just toss it out now as this is exactly what I was wanting to point out and discuss too!

(Warning - not proofed or polished post ahead!)
    AL knew something about the past testimony when wilmont asked her (to get it out of the way) if she had any memory issues - she chuckles a knowing chuckle and says no. So, is defense counsel discussing the case with her and past behaviors? (Also see post 1028 by Brooke!)

SAME STYLE OF ANSWERING BETWEEN AL AND JODI:
    AL parrots jodi (or jodi learned the snarl from AL in the 44 hours)

• AL confronts Juan about "are you mad at me" and 'address me in the same tone I address you'

jodi "when men like you and Travis"

-----------------> watching the footage to me this line was planned as was even the lean on chin look from AL. Right before AL leans on her chin - wilmont does the same as if to que AL to do that to Juan. Is it mirroring or the game plan. It also appeared AL was given signals from MSpec and/or friends to deliver that line.

• AL mentions not being able to follow Juan the way he words question.

jodi - to Juan - you talk in circles.

Refuses to answer yes or no (both did this)

jodi stared down the family.
    AL actually approached SAM and spoke to her. BOTH rubbing salt in the wounds. Despicable (&)(^*()#W!

Juan was masterful (and I hope he gets to fully complete the thought) on the Snow White line of questioning. He was clearly (to me anyway!) making the connection for the jury that with AL continuum you can make Snow White, Alice from Alice in Wonderland, or many characters from fairy tales - battered women. Thus, the continuum is so broad and ill refined as to an effective tool for making a determination - and can be used on people or characters one has never met to make a sweeping accusation of abuse. Yet, somehow AL doesn't see that jodi is her continuum to the lethal degree of murdering.

Further, based on the objections and eye rolls the Snow White is hot spot for AL and the defense team so there is more there than maybe even we know! JMHO.
    Same thought but your post much better!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SCSam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SCSam View Post
    Please forgive me if I am heating up old hash but: I read on an earlier thread and elsewhere that the $250 research fee AVL collected was to "coach" Nurmi in how to cross JA. I believe it went a little further than that.. I see duplicate terminology between AVL and JA and like behaviors on the stand. I think they shared how to slow testimony down, how to attempt to throw Juan off his stride... and I'm sure you smarter WSers can think of more... remember both seemed to find our Juan talked in circles. Please excuse if old rant.
    ALV describes herself as an "Expert Witness and Consultant" for this case (presumably) on her CV. It's listed as Phoenix Arizona 2011-13 so I am sure there's not another case she is involved in. ALV really tried to build up the self-defense story talking about how these threats from Travis getting closer and closer together hence giving JA a reason to be scared for her life. There's no doubt she fed that story to JA. It'll be interesting to know what books ALV sent JA in addition to the magazine.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gauntlet For This Useful Post:

I'm way behind on reading, but if I don't post some notes first I won't get them done. So...
    Here are some of my notes of Thursday's afternoon session. There is no rhyme or reason to them, just my thoughts and scribblings.

I got to the public waiting area and took a seat. I saw some familiar faces and chatted with them.

I was walking over to the bathrooms and saw the clerk get off the elevator with a tall woman with red/blonde hair. I had to do a double take, it was tri-color. I couldn't believe what I'd just seen. Juror 5 was back in the house. I told Katie DDJ what I'd seen but no one else.

A few minutes later the bailiff, a marshall, and a security person come out to tell us there will be someone in the courtroom today in a reserved seat. We may recognize this person but we are not to approach or speak to that person. I turned around to Katie DDJ and mouthed the words "tri-color". That is when I was sure she would be sitting in the courtroom.
    The hall was buzzing with "I wonder who it is" comments. Most thought it would be Nancy Grace. I let them think it. No reason to cause a firestorm and more grief for T.C.

I saw "cane lady" give an interview later. She said we were told it would be a celebrity. not true. We were told we may recognize the person. Ok, moving on.

I notice the marshall is in his uniform rather than a suit, and comment that he's in uniform today. He told me he had some other duties that day. I said well you look good either way. He's very nice and professional. I like him.

It's 1:40 and we're waiting. No counsel, judge, or defendant. A few minutes later counsel, the judge, ja, and Travis's family emerge from chambers and take their places.

Jumbo-tron down, and the screens are lit up. There will be exhibits today.

1:45 the jury is brought in and the afternoon session begins.

As I watch the jury it is odd to see the empty chair where tri-color sat. I notice a couple of the jurors look out to the gallery towards the public side. It was CEO and
    CPA. I don't notice any of the others look this way.

ALV on the stand, more wah wah wah coming from her mouth. I honestly can't stand to listen to her. I don't believe anything she says. She may have been a good therapist back in the day, but we're in 2013 and men can be victimized too. She's a disgrace to my generation. MOO
    I can't believe I shaved my legs for this!

On the screen is a chart "Continuum of Abuse". "Yawwwwn".

I notice Willie is wearing Navy shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.

I'm so bored with the line of bull streaming from ALV's lips I look over to the jury.

CEO, Nancy, CPA, are watching the testimony. Paul Rudd looks like he's recovered from his illness. Grandpa looks ahead towards the jumbo-tron. Housewife is taking notes and looking at the Jumbo-tron. Trump has his thinker position going on. Church Lady is looking at the Jumbo-tron screen. First time I've seen her look over this way. She usually looks down or straight ahead.
    Artist, same as always, hand over mouth, almost a chin grab.
    Ponytail is taking notes, something she hasn't done much of lately.
    Maureen: I can't see her. Headphones: hand over mouth. Wrestler: slouched
    down in his chair looking at the "tron". Neil: hand over mouth. Paco: leaning so far I almost didn't see him. Barb: I can't see her.

ALV has read through the txt messages but doesn't text. People are yawning and bored with the testimony.

I see D in the courtroom front row with ja's family. She's reppin for ALV wearing psychedelic tie-tye.
    I notice she has a small tattoo on the back of her neck. Looks like a carp ink-job as
    there isn't much design, more like a blob.

There were some ladies from Yreka in the gallery today. I spoke to them as we were waiting. Interesting convo. It is a very small town and everybody knows everybody.
    They said ja's mother is a dental assistant and she had to quit her job to attend the trial. The dad runs the restaurant but it's not doing well.
    I'm pretty sure the ladies are related. One says her niece worked at Casa Ramos with ja and would get the stare-down from ja. I said " she was sizing up the competiton, all women are a threat in ja's soul-less eyes".

They went on to say that they had dinner at Casa Ramos and that ja was their server after she'd murdered Travis. Whoa... that was a bombshell. So of course we ask, what was she like. The lady said ja was weird, strange. She didn't expand on what it was that was weird about her. The court officials came out to get us right about then.

ok, gotta do some chores.. be back in a bit with more notes.

Excuse typos, etc...

Thanks, Pasa! I'll be hanging on the thread awaiting your next post. I appreciate that you post just when we need some fresh info to chew over!

I'm intrigued by your conversation with the ladies from Yreka. That's a long way to travel!
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

PASA - your leg shaving wasn't completely in vain. If your legs (bare??) were caught on camera, we would have known....

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gauntlet For This Useful Post:

marcie I have to say I'm baffled myself.

At first I didn't think it would be for $ like $amuels. She doesn't look like a big money seeker, to me.

Then I didn't think it was for fame as she is at a mid level of notoriety in her field and seems to like that kind of grassroots level lifestyle.

I don't have a clear sense of why she'd throw her long earned career under the bus for this sociopath.

But after these courtroom antics of derailing the trial, asking for early breaks she doesn't need , approaching Travis' family etc. I'm thinking a healthy degree of Narcissism may be at play here. And this would be too good an opportunity for recognition for a Narcissist to pass up. That's the only thing I'm landing on at this point.

It's baffling as she's destroying her career. Maybe she was wanting to retire???
    You know, I was trying to think of why someone would stand up so blatantly biased for JA. I came up with she looks like retirement age, maybe just wanted a nestegg for her to fall back on. Also, since she seems to have a very active 'workshop' life, she will do ok. Those who don't follow trials will not understand the depths to which this woman has stooped. It is a travesty that she pretends to advocate for dv victims though. I just wonder what her counselling has consisted of over the years. I started off giving her the benefit of the doubt. Her cv was fine and she seemed reasonable, but in the end the blather that spewed forth was almost incomprehensible coming from an 'expert'. thanks for listening. MOO

Quote Originally Posted by rose222 View Post
    What gives ALV the RIGHT to dare approach Samantha after slandering Travis and saying she does not think he is a victim????
    Indeed. this is what I want to know.

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shelley921 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    Regarding the CV, 20 pages is really not that long. While resumes should be only a page or two, people who have CV's often list practically everything they've ever done professionally, whether it's co-authoring an article, attending a conference, being a speaker, etc. I know someone whose CV is so long that he has a table of contents page.
    One thing I noted in her testimony about her credentials was that's shed received lots of awards. When she was questioned from where her only response was the battered women's shelter she's worked for years. What was that? Employee of the Month? A bit weak.

thank you for inspiring me travis alexander

My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!
    www.twoinnocents.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by SCSam View Post
    I understand that the judge had a little convo with AVL after court.. would love to have been a fly on the wall for that one. Of course the judge is MUCH nicer than I am..
    She should have been formally and publicly sanctioned. Let's compare: Juan Martinez getting a few pics w taxpayers one time on the courthouse steps outside the view of any jurors to a defense witness testifying vile and horrible things about the victim, then walking right off the stand to the grieving family, violating their boundaries uninvited and getting in their face.

Which of these needed a public hearing and formal sanctions on the record?

Another example of how murderer's rights trump victims over and over again.

I know the cameraman in the courtroom all the way back to,Scott Peterson. He likes me. I'm gonna ask him Monday if there is any footage.

My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!

One thing I noted in her testimony about her credentials was that's shed received lots of awards. When she was questioned from where her only response was the battered women's shelter she's worked for years. What was that? Employee of the Month? A bit weak.
    ...I'd guess. Volunteer of the Month.

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ShadyLady For This Useful Post:

marcie I have to say I'm baffled myself.

At first I didn't think it would be for $ like $amuels. She doesn't look like a big money seeker, to me.

Then I didn't think it was for fame as she is at a mid level of notoriety in her field and seems to like that kind of grassroots level lifestyle.

I don't have a clear sense of why she'd throw her long earned career under the bus for this sociopath.

But after these courtroom antics of derailing the trial, asking for early breaks she doesn't need , approaching Travis' family etc. I'm thinking a healthy degree of Narcissism may be at play here. And this would be too good an opportunity for recognition for a Narcissist to pass up. That's the only thing I'm landing on at this point.

It's baffling as she's destroying her career. Maybe she was wanting to retire???
    After Alyce testified that first day, I sort of liked her. I now retract that feeling.

Frankly, I think she's such a narcissist that she thinks she's going to enlighten all of us dullards in the world and save Jodi's life in the process.

I also don't think that she has any idea how big this trial is. This is a person that doesn't "use the email" or the internet. My 85 year old grandfather emails and surfs the web all day long!

Alyce is happy living in her 70's Brady Bunch world where she gladly would accuse Mike Brady of abusing Carol if he ate the last of Alice's meatloaf and didn't share.

Quote Originally Posted by rose222 View Post
    THANK YOU

I HOPE SOMETHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT THIS!!

22. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to 4Jacy For This Useful Post:

I really wonder if when ALV agreed to testify in this case she saw it as some kinda windfall as she's never really made much money, it seems. Look at Henry Lee, heck even Dr. $amuels. When professionals sometimes reach a certain age they want to retire and they will throw their career under the bus to go working for defense attorneys. Maybe they are tired, afraid of financial issues w retirement, want to try something new, who knows. What's for certain is the big bucks are in defense work as evidenced by $amuels own website.

I think the X factor here is ALV had no idea when she took the case how huge this trial would be. If not for the cameras and enormity of this trial her behavior would go unchecked. It probably already has in other cases. But now instant karma is biting her back.

She should have been formally and publicly sanctioned. Let's compare: Juan Martinez getting a few pics w taxpayers one time on the courthouse steps outside the view of any jurors to a defense witness testifying vile and horrible things about the victim, then walking right off the stand to the grieving family, violating their boundaries uninvited and getting in their face.

Which of these needed a public hearing and formal sanctions on the record?
    Obviously, now we know why ALV loves JA....they both know no boundaries.

And obviously, not much empathy.

I am confused at how long ALV has been peddling her stuff. Who buys into that hardcore feminist stuff anymore? DID she make a career for herself by volunteering? Abuse hotline anyone?

You know I bet she even got Volunteer of the Year!

25. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ShadyLady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nezumi View Post
    Oh, she knows. She made a reference to whether or not she would have a job to go back to during the first few minutes of her direct. This was a conscious roll of the dice for old Alyce.
    She has made herself toxic. No one is going to work with the woman who defended Jodi Arias.

Aside from ALV's $300/hr fee I wonder if that includes her two weeks of accomodations/meals etc, or whether that is an additional expense. I have to say what troubled me most was viewing her 'snow white' video, I think at one point my mouth dropped open, because it became clear her whole 'talk' was loaded with comedy, and maybe it's me but I just don't see 'humor' as appropriate when someone is talking about DV.
    “Never be alone in your brain without adult supervision”

Employee of the month.. hmmnnn.. means she was on time to work.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SCSam For This Useful Post:

Thanks Pasa, so interesting to hear all of your observations, hope your feeling better KCL! I went back to yesterday but didnt see. Is Beth C going to report on ALVs disgusting attempt o manipulate Samantha ?
    "You want to spar with ME?"

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kattrca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kattrca View Post
    Thanks Pasa, so interesting to hear all of your observations, hope your feeling better KCL! I went back to yesterday but didnt see. Is Beth C going to report on ALVs disgusting attempt o manipulate Samantha ?
    I think we will see some reporting on this.

If Beth is going to air the issue, you can be sure she won't do it until she has it 100% verified. It's not that I don't believe our wonderful Katie, it's just that there has to be corroboration. Beth's no tabloid journalist like so many we know. She's an ethical attorney first, always.

Once it passes HLN legal, I would expect it to be a "BOMBSHELL" on Monday or soon thereafter. I'm sure that they are hunting through all the footage at HLN/CNN/InSession as well. A picture is worth 1000 words!

I'm so glad "our" lovely KKL was there as a solid witness to this disgusting event. I also wonder if ALV realized that the seated woman she hovered over and whose space she invaded is LE? BIG MISTAKE!
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

I am still so enraged by ALV's approaching Samantha. Someone has got to take this story and run with it. She has the Gaul to say anything, to approach any member of the real victim's family, KNOWINGLY, that it is unacceptable! After destroying her brother on the stand by claiming he was not the victim and JA is, but yet stopping court early, purposely to evoke ANY type of emotion from the family is indeed ABUSE! Ms "expert" on any type of emotional, psychological or physical abuse, is well aware that Travis' family has been repeatedly abused daily by listening to this drivel. And, even if it was a flattering comment to Samantha, or an apology ( i doubt it) ..it was still blatant and purposeful to intimidate this family. She KNOWS what she did is wrong, and someone should stop and fine her for this. The jury, again..will never know, but we and more importantly the court should react, for the victim and his family. Totally unacceptable!

I think we will see some reporting on this.
    Thank you, Katiecoolady!

I am sooo waiting for the report!

37. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast