1021 users online (149 members and 872 guests)  

Websleuths News

MN - Todd McLaughlin, 39, Savage, March 2005

Ok I just hear dthis info while a lunch. I work in Savage MN and it is a small town. Thre is a missing person I beleive 38 old man missing from Savage this was I guess reported on the news last night. I am trying to search and find out more info. If any one has any please post.

Ok off to sleuth I go........
    Misty

Todd McLaughlin, missing Savage, MN man

Hi, I am new here. I've been lurking here for quite a while (a year??), and finally decided to register.

Here is the info I found on the missing Savage, Minnesota man. I'm not sure if I did the link correctly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/s6941.html

SAVAGE- Police are planning to search for a missing Savage man along the bottom of the Minnesota River this weekend.

Todd McLaughlin, 39, was last seen on Sunday at a video store on Highway 13 in Savage. He walked there from his home.

Anyone with any information as to the whereabouts of McLaughlin is encouraged to call the Savage Police Department at 952-882-2600.

Body Found in River

Savage police are working to identify the body of a man found this afternoon. A resident walking along a nature trail stumbled upon the body along the Minnesota River bottom.

The family of 29-year-old Todd McLaughlin worry it could be him.

McLaughlin disappeared nearly two months ago after returning videos to a local store.

Police won't know exactly who it is until tomorrow when an autopsy is performed and dental records are checked

http://www.kmsp.tv/news/story.asp?1644823

Has there been an update on this case? If it was him, how truly sad. A mere 29 years old.......

It was him

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5383086.html

Body in Savage identified as that of missing man

Jim Adams,*
    Star Tribune
    May 4, 2005

The body recently found in Savage was that of Todd H. McLaughlin, 40, who had been missing almost two months, police said.

He died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, said Savage Police Chief Gordon Vlasak. He said McLaughlin was dealing with personal issues, including losing his produce job at a local grocery store. The body was found about a mile west of the home where McLaughlin lived with his parents.

Jim Adams is at jadams@startribune.com.