Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Quote Originally Posted by kaRN View Post
    JC says she was visibly sweating during the 5 minute break. Not a good sign from a woman who had been sitting not exerting herself and is past menopause.
    I thought maybe her pants had spontaneously combusted but perhaps she really is ill.

So what happens if the DT key witness dies of heart failure tonight??
    BBM: I've been thinking too that ALV had a case of "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" and had to get the heck out of that courtroom and run for the water fountain!

I was at work when someone on here mentioned thast Jodi was cying? What was that about? Maybe she did not get her lunch cookie?

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

It's bizarre to me

(wrote this for last thread and then it was gone so bringing over)

I was just looking at some info on murder trials in AZ. There was an interesting chart on page 4 of this link which had info about charges, arrests, time to trial, length of trial etc.
    http://www.ilj.org/publications/docs...Volume_III.pdf
    trial lengths ranged from four to 18 days, with a median of seven days.
    The purpose of this article was to discuss the impact of forensics on trial. This case is not a whodunit, we have all kinds of forensics and this is just a ridiculous use of time, even in a DP case. I found this article about Capital Cases in AZ. https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/f...0Set%20III.pdf

Now, it's from 2001 I believe but studied 30 cases. Length of trial info:

Hrs: Median = 55.7 hrs.
    Range = 19.671.2 hrs.
    Days: Median = 11.5 days*
    Range = 419 days
    Obviously, this case is way outside the normal parameters. The judge has no DP experience and does not seem to have a firm hand in the courtroom which lets the DT run roughshod over her as she is so afraid of doing something to cause them to file a motion she denies which will provide the basis for an appeal that they might win. She's like a hostage.

The DT is loving the never ending trial as it increases their ability to get a mistrial. The longer this goes on, the more the jurors are stressed, the more likely is that they will get their wish. This judge displays ZERO interest in keeping this trial on track, in holding attorneys to the time they indicated was required to present their case. I honestly don't know if these defense attorneys are as bad as they seem or if they are deliberately acting incompetent. I've never seen a trial attorney take as long as Nurmi to ask a question. No one would hire this guy for trial work. Seriously. Wilmont acts as though she never asked a question in a courtroom before or learned what a complete sentence was. There is no real evidence of self defense in this case. Yet they have multiple people dissecting a murderers journals like they are the font of some sort of wisdom. They have experts discerning the motivations of the dead victim from random e-mail snippets. Why don't we just break out the Ouiji board?

Neither of the defense attys acts as though they have a clue or care about capturing the attention of their audience, the jury and not boring them to death or making them hate their guts. I'm beginning to think they have some multi-faceted plan to actually get a mistrial-cause there is no way they are "winning" this case they way they are handling it. I am just truly befuddled...and not in a good way!

Quote Originally Posted by justsharing View Post
    I don't know if it would be the correct thing to do but I would have liked to see the judge question Ms. L about her illness, in a stern tone. The judge is getting walked all over because she's allowing it. I have never seen a case with so little respect for the jury

BOYTWNMOM
    Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    Is there any procedure for the Jury to complain about having to listen to this woman drone on ad infinitum? This is beyond ridiculous..
    I know, right...every time the Judge asks if there are any questions, I fully expect to hear a juror say, "yeah, just exactly when do you expect this to end!"

JC says she was visibly sweating during the 5 minute break. Not a good sign from a woman who had been sitting not exerting herself and is past menopause.
    I thought maybe her pants had spontaneously combusted but perhaps she really is ill.

I wonder if she is diabetic. Low blood sugar can cause confusion and sweating. Was there a morning break when she would have been able to eat something?

If it is low blood sugar court should not have been cancelled. All you need is about 20 minutes after something to eat to bring blood sugar back up.
    Just My Opinion, of course!

7. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ButForFortune For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JRS_JD2L View Post
    Well, all I can say is that I now know I'm a serial abuser. First, my wife and I had a disagreement over the thread count we should get on new sheets, and I prevailed at 600 count. We didn't talk for about 3 1/2 minutes. Then, I bought her flowers on Valentine's Day (honeymoon period). Then, I asserted, quite firmly, that I preferred the Laker game over Modern Family. I had to go downstairs and watch the game on another TV, and we were separated for about 3 hours (re-emergence of the abuse cycle). And, then she came downstairs and we watched the Tonight Show together (honeymoon period).

After hearing ALV, I had to apologize for all of my abusive behavior over the last several weeks. I am truly sorry that I did not recognize my abhorrent behavior until now. Thank god my wife is not a sociopath.
    You people are brilliant. I truly laughed out loud...hard. Go easy on the abuse JRS.

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    I hope she is not really sick.
    I think she might have been nervous about court ending.
    (if it was a pre-planned delay)
    The sweating if true is concerning. I hope she really is sick because if she's going so far as to manipulate the jurors empathy just to keep up some DT schedule, then she's far more <> than I gave her credit for.

I did notice she had dark circles under her eyes. Maybe from cramming all those journals in preparation for testimony today.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToBendPages View Post
    I have to admit that I am guilty of trying to manipulate my husband before. It was over a twinke and I told him "go ahead honey, I just want you to be happy" hoping he'd wimp out and I'd get it, but he picked it up and ate it. I feel abused.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boytwnmom View Post

i was just looking at some info on murder trials in az. There was an interesting chart on page 4 of this link which had info about charges, arrests, time to trial, length of trial etc.
    http://www.ilj.org/publications/docs...volume_iii.pdf

the purpose of this article was to discuss the impact of forensics on trial. This case is not a whodunit, we have all kinds of forensics and this is just a ridiculous use of time, even in a dp case. I found this article about capital cases in az. https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/f...0set%20iii.pdf

now, it's from 2001 i believe but studied 30 cases. Length of trial info:

Obviously, this case is way outside the normal parameters. The judge has no dp experience and does not seem to have a firm hand in the courtroom which lets the dt run roughshod over her as she is so afraid of doing something to cause them to file a motion she denies which will provide the basis for an appeal that they might win. She's like a hostage.

The dt is loving the never ending trial as it increases their ability to get a mistrial. The longer this goes on, the more the jurors are stressed, the more likely is that they will get their wish. This judge displays zero interest in keeping this trial on track, in holding attorneys to the time they indicated was required to present their case. I honestly don't know if these defense attorneys are as bad as they seem or if they are deliberately acting incompetent. I've never seen a trial attorney take as long as nurmi to ask a question. No one would hire this guy for trial work. Seriously. Wilmont acts as though she never asked a question in a courtroom before or learned what a complete sentence was. There is no real evidence of self defense in this case. Yet they have multiple people dissecting a murderers journals like they are the font of some sort of wisdom. They have experts discerning the motivations of the dead victim from random e-mail snippets. Why don't we just break out the ouiji board?

Neither of the defense attys acts as though they have a clue or care about capturing the attention of their audience, the jury and not boring them to death or making them hate their guts. I'm beginning to think they have some multi-faceted plan to actually get a mistrial-cause there is no way they are "winning" this case they way they are handling it. I am just truly befuddled...and not in a good way!
    post of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBalm View Post
    Wait what did Vinnie just say a rebellious teen who was growing marijuana in the house??
    Yes, I heard that too. Interesting. I do know that Yreka is know for being a weed growing area. "Weed Country" on the discovery channel is frequently filmed there.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Softail For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Farm View Post
    Next three days????How much more isthere to say????
    Three more Days????

Maybe they will just have her read the BOOK of Mormon to run the clock out---someone on the DT is into Football!

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to R.U.Kidding! For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boytwnmom View Post

I was just looking at some info on murder trials in AZ. There was an interesting chart on page 4 of this link which had info about charges, arrests, time to trial, length of trial etc.
    http://www.ilj.org/publications/docs...Volume_III.pdf

The purpose of this article was to discuss the impact of forensics on trial. This case is not a whodunit, we have all kinds of forensics and this is just a ridiculous use of time, even in a DP case. I found this article about Capital Cases in AZ. https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/f...0Set%20III.pdf

Now, it's from 2001 I believe but studied 30 cases. Length of trial info:

Obviously, this case is way outside the normal parameters. The judge has no DP experience and does not seem to have a firm hand in the courtroom which lets the DT run roughshod over her as she is so afraid of doing something to cause them to file a motion she denies which will provide the basis for an appeal that they might win. She's like a hostage.

The DT is loving the never ending trial as it increases their ability to get a mistrial. The longer this goes on, the more the jurors are stressed, the more likely is that they will get their wish. This judge displays ZERO interest in keeping this trial on track, in holding attorneys to the time they indicated was required to present their case. I honestly don't know if these defense attorneys are as bad as they seem or if they are deliberately acting incompetent. I've never seen a trial attorney take as long as Nurmi to ask a question. No one would hire this guy for trial work. Seriously. Wilmont acts as though she never asked a question in a courtroom before or learned what a complete sentence was. There is no real evidence of self defense in this case. Yet they have multiple people dissecting a murderers journals like they are the font of some sort of wisdom. They have experts discerning the motivations of the dead victim from random e-mail snippets. Why don't we just break out the Ouiji board?

I am sure that the defense team knows this judge just keeps on gifting them with undeserved "overruled" when Juan objects. They probably go back to their offices and discuss how they can't believe what they are getting away with.
    Just My Opinion, of course!

When I read the word testimony (wherever) I'm reading, I now automatically see the word testibaloney :/ lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~~All my posts are IMHO~~

I can be changed by what happens to me. but I refuse to be reduced by it. ~Maya Angelou~

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    I hope she is not really sick.
    I think she might have been nervous about court ending.
    (if it was a pre-planned delay)
    She is intimidated by JM sitting across from her. She needs time to regroup. The defense knows the jurors are tired of their witnesses. They want the jury to get fed up and come back with second degree. When it is JM turn, the jury will get a second wind.

21. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to deedee21 For This Useful Post:

I've been sick as a dog for a week...flash sweating, fever, horrid cough, weakness, dizziness, constant sneezing and feeling generally like I want to die. AND, I had to fly home yesterday feeling this way! I just basically crawled onto the plane and curled up in a ball by a window. And, DANG IT, I am HERE!!! Let's get this torturous trial over with! We've all suffered enough!!!
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612

I was at work when someone on here mentioned thast Jodi was cying? What was that about? Maybe she did not get her lunch cookie?
    I believe it was Arias' attempt to feign empathy for abused animals..was during an ALV cat abuse story to do with someone not related to the case.I muted from that point on..

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to snowcat For This Useful Post:

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    The sweating if true is concerning. I hope she really is sick because if she's going so far as to manipulate the jurors empathy just to keep up some DT schedule, then she's far more <> than I gave her credit for.

I did notice she had dark circles under her eyes. Maybe from cramming all those journals in preparation for testimony today.
    True. Maybe she was going to be evaluated.
    If not a diabetic and truly sweating like that I would worry about her heart.
    65 sounds too old for "hot flashes" but I guess HRT could cause them.

Like I said I hope she is ok.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Listening to ALV has made me sick.

I, for one, hope Alyce continues to be alive and recovers from her sudden bout of illness quickly. Alyce needs to be in tiptop shape, so that Juan can completely destroy every single bad thing she said about Travis being the abusive one.

Alyce might just feel really sick after Alyce eats her bitter words bashing Travis, the victim of a cold-blooded murder. She has done a great deal of harm to all real domestic violence victims.

Next three days????How much more isthere to say????
    She still has to explain how Travis abused Jodi by running into the knife over and over again.

I ended up taking a nap, woke up and turned on azfamily, thought they were on lunch break. ALV got sick? I hope she feels better, but maybe the CDC should be aware of the illness outbreaks on the defense side.
    Life is an attitude... have a good one

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by ButForFortune View Post
    I wonder if she is diabetic. Low blood sugar can cause confusion and sweating. Was there a morning break when she would have been able to eat something?

If it is low blood sugar court should not have been cancelled. All you need is about 20 minutes after something to eat to bring blood sugar back up.
    They gave her a 5 minute break to do that if that was the problem. A candy would bring it up faster and she could have popped in her mouth on the stand.
    She might be diabetic however she's a big girl and should know how to manage her condition by now. It's not like she's doing extraneous exercise or anything that required her to burn additional energy.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

30. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:

I heard what Jean C said about her sweating. But, it is Jean C for goodness sake. She seems to see a lot of things that nobody else can ever see.

I don't think I buy this illness. Right before she got sick, there was no question. Wilmott, asked to approach the judge. To me, it was like she didn't know what to do next. 5 minute recess called, then sick for the day? I just don't buy it.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Did any of you notice how as JW approached for the last side bar LaViolette tries to get the judges attention and says "Excuse me Your Honor" but the judge doesn't hear her or ignores her - interesting that JW didnt notice and call attention to her witness having a question of the judge (thats because AL messed up when she was suppose to tell the judge she was sick) - then JW continues with her direct for several more minutes and then glances first behind her to the defense table and then at the clock and magically knows AL is sick and asks to approach???? This is all in an effort to time her ending of Direct with AL so that the jury has all weekend to soak in the testabalony. Unethical tactics in my opinion, Thats ok - - Juan will right the ship soon enough

Anyone not used to Phoenix temperatures from now until November will be sweating. Expecting 102 a week from tomorrow.
    What you don't know is how much you know without knowing you know it.

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Donnareit For This Useful Post:

Sandy Arias says that Jodi never allowed her to visit her at Jodi's place in Monterrey because she was afraid that her mom would snoop through her stuff.

OK, where are Jodi's friends? Why haven't they come forward to say how spooky she was or about the crazy things she'd done to make them call her mama.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast