MN - Memory Pachowicz, 33, St Paul, 12 March 2005

MistyGirl

Reaction score

Police received new leads Thursday about the disappearance of a St. Paul woman under suspicious circumstances, but they have not found Memory Pachowicz.
Pachowicz, 33, was last seen Sunday. Hers originally was considered a missing person case — roughly 1,000 adults are reported missing in St. Paul each year — but the stakes were raised when St. Paul police found her car, where they saw signs of a struggle, and determined her cellular phone hadn't been used since her disappearance.

Police assigned the case to the homicide unit because its investigators look at serious crimes, including kidnapping, said officer Paul Schnell, department spokesman.

"We have no evidence that absolutely makes it a foul-play situation," Schnell said. He wouldn't describe the evidence in the car that made investigators suspicious, but he said it wasn't blood.

"Obviously, the longer it takes to find her, the more concerned we become, but because we don't have witnesses we don't know what all these things mean yet," Schnell said.

Pachowicz, the mother of a 1-year-old girl and a 13-year-old girl, got divorced in June, according to Ramsey County District Court records. Originally from South Dakota, she has lived in St. Paul for several years and attended an area technical college, Schnell said.

She was last seen in the parking lot of a North End apartment complex early Sunday and did not return to her East Side home, where her older daughter was baby-sitting the younger one. Family members reported Pachowicz missing later Sunday.

Friends said Pachowicz was planning to meet someone, believed to be a man, after she left the parking lot, Schnell said. Police have no suspects in connection with the disappearance, he said.

Pachowicz's children were staying with family members Thursday.

Her car was found Tuesday near Western and Cottage avenues, about a block from where she was last seen with friends. Her cell phone was missing.

Police face difficulty in searching for adults when they are reported missing because they are free to "disappear" or walk away if they choose to, Schnell said.

He said police do cursory checks, such as looking at area hospitals and interviewing family and friends, but once a determination of suspicious circumstances is made they go further.

Investigators re-interview the people last seen with the missing person, take a closer look at the person's network of friends, do paper searches (such as studying financial transactions) and seek evidence in other ways, Schnell said.

One benefit of asking for the public's help, which police did Wednesday, is the new information that comes forward, Schnell said.

"You start identifying other circles of associates," he said. "People have called today, and those things have been very helpful."

ST. PAUL WOMAN DISAPPEARS

Memory Pachowicz, 33, is described as an olive-skinned white woman, 5 feet 7 inches tall and 140 pounds, with long, straight, dark hair. She has a rose bracelet tattoo on her wrist.

When Pachowicz was last seen she had a puppy with her. It is described as a 9-week-old, brown or tan miniature dachshund.

read the rest here:
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/11105081.htm

ETA: Her Picture

A few more links this all I could when I googled her name:

Foul Play Suspected in Missing Woman Case http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=76573

0539225015_missing-woman-stpaul-250.jpg

St. Paul police are asking for the public’s help in finding a woman missing since Saturday night.

Officer Paul Schnell says the police department received a call about a missing person on Sunday evening.

Friends and family of 33-year-old Memory Pachowicz, a college student and mother of two, hadn’t seen her since early Sunday morning.

She had been out with friends the night before and was last seen near the intersection of Western Avenue and Arlington Street in St. Paul.

Police found Pachowicz’s car on Tuesday and say evidence found in the Ford SUV indicates a struggle took place. Officer Schnell would not elaborate on what exactly police found inside the car.

Police Seek Missing Mom http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_068232942.html

<LI>
images_image_190111842
VIDEO: Esme Murphy reports.

Mar 9, 2005 10:28 pm US/Central
St. Paul (WCCO) A St. Paul mother is missing and police are asking for the public’s help finding her.

Memory Pachowicz, 33, has not been seen since early Sunday morning, St. Paul police said. She was last seen in the area of Western Avenue and Arlington Street, where she met some friends.

Family members reported her missing late Sunday night. Pachowicz is a single mother of two children, ages 13 and 1.

Police said the circumstances surrounding Pachowicz’s disappearance are “suspicious.” The homicide unit of the St. Paul Police Department is now investigating Pachowicz’s disappearance.

Pachowicz’s car was found Tuesday. Police said there was evidence of a struggle within her car.

Investigators said they have also found Pachowicz’s cell phone, which they determined has not been used since she disappeared.

This just breaks my heart, this woman is the same age as me and we are both mothers. I can't imagine a mother leaving her 1 & 13 year old and never returning. I fear something bad has happened. I can't beleive there has not been more news about this here locally. :confused:

I noticed it says she's recently divorced. Wonder if the ex-hubby was been looked at?:waitasec:

I know I wish I could find his name or more details anything. But I can't find much. Her poor children must be so sad. I am not sure where else to look to find info.

I am single like her and I have done the match.com thing (yeah, not anymore too scary to meet peopel you dont know)......it makes me wonder if she was meeitng someone "new" or someone she already knew?? If she already knew this person, has this person been located????

I found this case because I was trying to find info on a 38 old man missing from Savage MN (20 miles from St. Paul)....I have not find any info on this case yet....ummm I wonder if they might be related?

Misty - I just googled it. ;D

I really hope in this investigation they check into that Bonner character.

I all have searched all I know how to and I have found nothing. Not a website for her is set up no mention of her ex-husband name etc. I guess there is not much more we can do if we have no further information. Praying for her children I hope their mom returns home safe.

Mistygirl,

You asked me how one could help with this. Based upon what I am reading, it would seem that the most effective use of time for persons living in this area would be to place posters of Memory, especially near the area where the car was located.

If someone lives in that area, and wants to do this, I would be more than happy to create a poster. If you live there, you could also contact LE and ask if they know of any ground searches and poster placement campaigns that you can assist with.

With Hope,
Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Where were the children when she disappeared? Who were they with at the time? Does anyone know?

They were at their house, according to the article. The 13 year old girl was watching the 1 year old baby for the evening, and now they're with relatives.

It's interesting that she took the puppy. Why would you take a puppy on a night out with friends? It's a puzzle.

KatherineQ said:
They were at their house, according to the article. The 13 year old girl was watching the 1 year old baby for the evening, and now they're with relatives.

It's interesting that she took the puppy. Why would you take a puppy on a night out with friends? It's a puzzle.
Now that's just bizarre. I guess I was babysitting at that age, but why take the puppy??:confused:

Kelly said:
Mistygirl,

You asked me how one could help with this. Based upon what I am reading, it would seem that the most effective use of time for persons living in this area would be to place posters of Memory, especially near the area where the car was located.

If someone lives in that area, and wants to do this, I would be more than happy to create a poster. If you live there, you could also contact LE and ask if they know of any ground searches and poster placement campaigns that you can assist with.

With Hope,
Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Thanks Kelly for the info. I will do some checking into the things you mentioned about tomorrow. If I need flyer I will let you know. Maybe they have one already and I just don't know it yet.

Yeah said:
Now that's just bizarre. I guess I was babysitting at that age, but why take the puppy??:confused:

Yeah I am not surpised her 13 year old was baby-sitting...that is the same age as my daughter and she baby-sits alot for family and friends. But the dog is really strange. It sounds like she was at a friends apartment complex "hanging out" with friends & the puppy and then went to meet the mystery person. I wish we knew who this mystery person was...did she know the person? Was this the 1st time meeting this person??? Have they located this person?...so many questions...and no answers.

Maybe the reason this is not getting much media play is this maybe drug related and they are trying not to "let-on" to their possible suspect and they are jsut watchign and waiting so to speak...meaning they don't need the publics help? St. Paul has a lot of gang/crime/drug activity.

Hmmmmm...very much a puzzle and so close to home for me.

Mistygirl,

If they do have a flyer, please make sure it does not have the family's personal contact info on it, which is a common mistake that these families make. Let me know if you need one made. I will be happy to work on it.

Kelly

There are two reasons why Memory Pachowicz probably didn’t just walk away from her life. One is 13-years old and the other is one-year-old, both are daughters that friends say mean everything to Pachowicz.

"Memory loves her kids,” says Pachowicz’s friend Bobie Aylor , adding, “She wouldn’t have left her two babies.”

Pachowicz is a 33-year-old single mom who disappeared early Sunday morning. Her Ford SUV was found near a friend’s house in St. Paul.

Friends say Pachowicz had just started her life over by going back to school and studying veterinary medicine.

Aylor says life seemed good, “She wasn't depressed she was just fine. Memory had high hopes for life now.”

According to St. Paul police Pachowicz’s friends walked her out to her car early Sunday morning. She told them she was going to go out with a guy who police say may have been parked right behind her in a two or four door maroon sedan.

Friends say they did not notice or know of anyone that Pachowicz was dating.

Pachowicz received a call on her cell phone at 1 a.m. Sunday, and since then that phone hasn’t been used and Memory hasn’t been seen or heard from.

“It hurts, I miss my friend,” Aylor sobbed on Friday, “I want my friend back, and her babies miss her.”

Pachowicz’s daughters are now staying with family.

Read the rest here:
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=76720

Bobie Ayler found herself in the home of her missing friend Memory Pachowicz on Friday afternoon, taking a memento and grasping for reason.

Ayler held Pachowicz's brown and blue beaded dream catcher to her chest and cried.

Reflecting on that moment later in the day, Ayler said of her friend, "She was there with me."

Pachowicz, a St. Paul mother of two, has been missing since early Sunday morning. Police say her disappearance is suspicious.

Investigators continued the search for her Friday, this time using State Patrol helicopters and cadaver dogs to scour a 2-mile area near where her car was found on Tuesday.

Pachowicz, 33, was last seen by friends at an apartment complex near Arlington St. and Western Av. about 1 a.m. Sunday. She told friends that she was going to follow a man who had driven up behind her but was never seen again.

Investigators are concerned because her cell phone was last used when she received a call just before leaving to follow the man. Investigators, who found her unlocked sport-utility vehicle, believe a struggle took place.

For Ayler, the most telling thing is what Pachowicz left behind.

"She wouldn't leave her babies," Ayler said, referring to Pachowicz's daughters, a 1-year-old and a 13-year-old cancer survivor.

That daughter was the first to tell Ayler that something was wrong. Pachowicz and Ayler had plans to go to church.

"She called me Sunday afternoon and said, 'Bobie. Mommy didn't come home last night,' " Ayler recalled. "You better believe that I flew over there."

And despite her belief that Pachowicz wouldn't just walk away from her responsibilities, she realized that it might be the best-case scenario.

Investigators have entered Pachowicz's name and description into a database for law enforcement agencies. They also have reached out to the U.S. Marshal Service and the FBI for help with the case, said St. Paul Sgt. Janet Dunnom.

Read the rest here:
http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5288081.html

The worst thing about these missing people cases, it seems to me, is the people they leave behind.

Prayers for the people in Memory Pachowicz's life who sound like really good-hearted people, who are left in agony in her wake. And for her children who are also victims.

Maybe she's still alive. Prayers for those who are left behind to wonder and grieve where she actually did go and what became of her.

(Edited this morning for unnecessary harshness.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back