MFRD: Carnival Truimph Breaks Loose; 1 Person Missing

My first thought when I heard this? This is a ship that does not want to go back out!

They'd better have a helicopter dump a load of holy water on that thing before another person gets on it.

Triumph is trying to tell us something...

The person isn't missing due to the Triumph breaking loose but rather due to the guard shack being blown into the water from near hurricane strength gust winds.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/carnival-triumph-adrift_n_3008967.html

Coast Guard officials said they saw no sign late Wednesday of the missing BAE Systems employee who was knocked into the water with a co-worker when near hurricane-strength winds blew their guard shack over. The other man was rescued.

Picture of new damage:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...5F7B304F1803F7DED55B7FFB76BAD&selectedIndex=0

Still....

I wonder if they are going to rename the ship? If I were in the biz that is what I would do.

Carnival won't reimburse Uncle Sam for ship rescues

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=a4f3dad9-39f2-4a01-9ea6-a2149da30f48

Carnival (CCL +1.36%), the world's largest cruise operator, has rejected a request from a powerful U.S. senator that it reimburse the U.S. government for the costs it incurs for rescuing the company's ships when they become disabled.

According to Senator Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., the U.S. Coast Guard has responded to 90 "serious events" involving Carnival ships over the past five years, including the rescue of the Carnival Triumph (pictured) in February and the 2010 operation to assist the Carnival Splendor. The Coast Guard and Navy spent $4.2 million to assist the Triumph and Splendor, which were both hit with power failures, according to a report in Skift.com quoting Rockefeller. .............more..........

Oh really? Well next time one of their ships founders, Carnival needs to have the Panamanian government help their passengers.

Maybe then, US citizens will stop patronizing this cruise line.

Isn't it bad luck to rename a ship?

Maybe respelling of the name might be more appropriate....'Triumph' to 'Try Omph'.

I don't think I want to go on a cruise anytime soon. The last time my son went on a cruise to Mexico, a woman disappeared off the ship and was never found. They went back and looked for her for 45 minutes with no luck and then went on. Other rescue people searched for her but never found her or discovered what happened to her.

I don't think I want to go on a cruise anytime soon. The last time my son went on a cruise to Mexico, a woman disappeared off the ship and was never found. They went back and looked for her for 45 minutes with no luck and then went on. Other rescue people searched for her but never found her or discovered what happened to her.

DH and I needed a break from cruising and went to WDW in January instead. We have booked a cruise for next winter but haven't gotten airline tickets yet. Final payment on the cruise isn't due until November, so we can still change our minds. We wouldn't sail on Carnival, but if these cruise ship mishaps continue, we might do something different next winter, too.

Here we go again. Is Carnival cruise line cursed?

Two passengers went overboard while a Carnival cruise ship was sailing off the east coast of Australia, officials said on Thursday.

A vast area of sea was being scoured by aircraft and boats in an attempt to find the missing 30-year-old man and 26-year-old woman.

They were reported missing when the Carnival Spirit docked at Sydney Overseas Passenger Terminal at 11:30 a.m. Thursday local time (9:30 p.m. Wednesday ET) after 10 days at sea, New South Wales Police said in a statement.

They had been traveling with family and friends, according to the cruise ship firm.

Police said surveillance camera footage determined the two missing people went overboard at about 8:50 p.m. Wednesday local time (6:50 a.m. ET Wednesday), more than 14 hours before the alarm was raised.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...sengers-vanish-from-carnival-cruise-ship?lite

And are they saying how these two went off the ship? Carnival always seem to leave that part off.

Are the two strangers, friends, relatives?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back