Tarantula The Size Of A Human Face

TrackerSam

Reaction score
The giant tarantula is as big as a human face.

Its legs, which have unique daffodil-yellow markings, span a massive 20cm (eight inches). The arachnid also has a distinctive pink band around its body.

The species is said to be related to a class of South American tarantula that includes the Goliath bird-eater, one of the world's largest spiders.

In other reports Mr Nanayakkara is quoted as saying none of the tarantulas found in Sri Lanka have bites that are deadly to humans. However, the Poecilotheria rajaei would be able to kill animals as large as mice, lizards and small birds and snakes.

http://news.sky.com/story/1073751/tarantula-the-size-of-a-human-face-discovered

In other reports Mr Nanayakkara is quoted as saying none of the tarantulas found in Sri Lanka have bites that are deadly to humans. However, the Poecilotheria rajaei would be able to kill animals as large as mice, lizards and small birds and snakes.

http://news.sky.com/story/1073751/tarantula-the-size-of-a-human-face-discovered
See, it doesn't have to bite humans to kill us.

If I saw that, I'd die of sudden cardiac arrest.

Uuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

Best-
Herding Cats

Well crap, I had to click on that link. What was I thinking? That is one large and nasty looking spider! So maybe there is some advantage to living in the upper midwest where it freezes and snows....no spiders bigger than small dogs.

They need to make machetes longer. Would have to have a go at this with a ceremonial sword, at great distance.

I remember this. And a very young Clint Eastwood was in it.

Seen this on the news this morning. God help me not to ever see one of this, I would be like HC have a heart attack right there.

Can I get hold of one of these?

I know a guy who doesn't like spiders. And I don't like him.........

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back