Stop me if you've heard this one: Shirley, a pygmy goat, walks into a bar in Butte...

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Goat at Butte bar stolen from Fairmont Hot Springs petting zoo (Montana Standard)
The goat that ended up at the Butte animal shelter after it was taken into a bar over the weekend had been stolen from a petting zoo, according to animal shelter authorities.

The mild-mannered pygmy goat, which workers at the Chelsea Bailey Animal Shelter call Shirley, was stolen from the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort’s petting zoo, according to shelter supervisor Jacki Casagranda.

Steve Luebeck, general manager at Fairmont, said staff knew the animal was missing, but they hadn’t realized it had been stolen until they saw Wednesday’s article in The Montana Standard that reported a goat had been brought into an Uptown bar at 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

A patron called police, and an animal control officer took the goat to the shelter.

The goat was returned to the petting zoo on Wednesday.
---
more, with a picture of Shirley, at the link

This is the caption under Shirley's photo:

Butte-Silver Bow Animal Shelter supervisor Jacki Casagranda sits with "Shirley" a pigmy goat picked up at a local bar by the animal warden last weekend.

Lol!

Glad to hear Shirley is now home at the petting zoo where she belongs.

Hoping Shirley had at least one stiff brandy at the bar, as she was in the middle of quite an ordeal.

Hoping Shirley had at least one stiff brandy at the bar, as she was in the middle of quite an ordeal.

BWHAAA!!!! Butte is my hometown, so I can safely say, she was probably served a brandy if she so desired! LOL:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Shirley was overheard humming this tune on the way out of the bar:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8"]Semisonic - Closing Time - YouTube[/ame]

Good thing she was rescued or she'd soon have been singing along to this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbXGi2WX0Q"]The Replacements - Here Comes A Regular - YouTube[/ame]

This goat walks into a bar. Then he sits down and orders a beer. The bartender, amazed that this goat can actually talk, gives him a beer. The goat says, "What do I owe you?" The bartender stops and thinks for a moment. "Even though this goat is smart," thinks the bartender, "he probably hasn't been in many bars." So the bartender says, "That'll be ten dollars." The goat forks over the money and starts drinking his beer. After a few minutes, the bartender can't restrain his curiosity, so he walks back over to the goat and tries to strike up a conversation. "You know, we don't get many goats in this bar." The goat looks up from his beer and says, "Well, at ten bucks a beer, I'm not surprised."

:rolling:

You guys have had me in stitches. I've enjoyed the guffaw.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back