CA CA - Crystal Tymich, 6, Los Angeles, 30 June 1994

phylliyum

Reaction score
I remember seeing Crystal's face on one of those "have you seen me?" flyers in my mailbox when I was 10, 2 years after she dispeared. I remember feeling very sad for her, because she was only 1 year younger than me, and because she disapeared the day before my birthday.
Crystal was playing outside with her brothers, and they went inside for a moment. They came back out, and Crystal was no where to be found. She was only 6 years old at the time. No one has seen her since, and I don't no much else about the case.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1073dfca.html

Tymich's case received fresh attention in 2005, when authorities searched the crawl space of a house across the street from her home. Bones were found, but they all turned out to be from animals. No evidence relating to Tymich's disappearance was uncovered during the search. She may have been abducted by a non-family member, but there is little evidence available in her case. None of her neighbors noticed anything unusual in the area at the time she vanished. Tymich's disappearance remains unsolved. Her family still resides in the house where she lived in 1994.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tymich_crystal.html

How bizarre that there's so little info. It suonds like a probable stranger abduction if the family has been ruled out. I remember seeing her face on the NCMEC cards as well.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Crystal grew up in South-Central but at the time of her disappearance split time between her mother's home in Santa Monica and her father's in the Hyde Park district near Inglewood. Crystal was last seen in the 6000 block of Brynhurst Avenue in South Central Los Angeles.
The day she disappeared, she was near her father's home, playing with her three brothers, ages 12, 10 and 8, in the 6000 block of Bryhurst Avenue.
The brothers were riding on bicycles ahead of her, and when they turned around to look back about 14.00, Crystal was gone.
Neighbors had seen Crystal wandering off other times that day and had brought her back to her brothers. Crystal had been talking about running away.

BBM: What could be happening in a six year olds life that would make her talk about running away?

crystaltymich.jpg

I agree it's odd for a 6 year old to talk about running away. At least seriously. Most 6 year olds "run away" for an hour, get scared, tired, or hungry, and go back home. But I don't think I even knew what running away was when I was 6. Maybe she had heard one of her older brothers talk about it and wanted to be "cool" like him?

I'm also curious about her family, but there is so little info out there.

Also, I just noticed she disappeared on my birthday. (And she's only a year younger than me.) Very close to being missing 16 years now. :(

Crystal Tymich and her three brothers were playing in the yard behind their house. They lived in a middle-class neighborhood in the City of Angels. When their grandmother called them inside to watch the movie, “The Lion King,” Crystal stayed behind as the three boys ran toward the house. Her brother Jeff later recalled: “We were throwing peaches over the roof to see who could throw them the furthest. Then my brothers left, and I ended up following them. And then we noticed my sister was no longer behind us.” Just that quick, she went missing. A massive search ensued but the girl was never found. Ten years later, a tip led police to search the house across the street. Bones were found in the attic, but they turned out to be from animals. Jeff Tymich feels that someone who wanted a child took her. “I have a strong feeling she’s [still] alive,” he said.

Three years since officers called off the police dogs, the door-to-door search and the roadblock in her South Central Los Angeles Los Angeles (lôs ăn`jələs, lŏs, ăn`jəlēz'), city (1990 pop. 3,485,398), seat of Los Angeles co., S Calif.; inc. 1850. neighborhood, where she last was seen playing with her brothers.

Three years since her father, Mario Tymich, has felt a moment of peace.

``Every morning when I go to work,'' he said, ``I walk to the back of the house. I always look in her room and look at her bed. I say, dear God, please bring Crystal home soon.''

Please if anyone can find any new information on this child can you share it here. I have looked and looked and cannot find anything different than what is posted about the peach throwing and her brothers not being able to find her. I admit I am not internet savvy so any help would be appreciated.

Please if anyone can find any new information on this child can you share it here. I have looked and looked and cannot find anything different than what is posted about the peach throwing and her brothers not being able to find her. I admit I am not internet savvy so any help would be appreciated.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/tymich_ca.htm
This link supports the peaches.

http://25missingpersons.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=crystaltymich&action=display&thread=61
Here is another missing website and the member there has kept up on this case very well.

bumping for Crystal! Someone knows something!
Let's not let this case become more cold!

One of the frustrating points in missing reports is the variances. In one version it states the boys are riding bikes, she is walking behind them, they turn around and she is gone, In a separate version they are in the front yard, back yard or down the street, picking/throwing peaches, get called in by their grandmother, head to the house, she isn't there and when they go to get her (no mention how long), she has disappeared. I wish we could get a brother to come give us an accurate timeline/scenario, as it could make a big difference as to who could have taken her.

Poor sweet baby! I hope she is found soon!

It's so bizarre her case does not get more attention! I think I have just found the my Missing Angels & Cold Cases blog entry!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back