1186 users online (226 members and 960 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MS - Jarrod Johnston, 18, Yazoo City, 7 July 2007

I saw this intriguing case on Disappeared on the Investigation Discovery (ID) channel yesterday. A short clip from the episode is located here:

http://investigation.discovery.com/t...ld-hostage.htm

To summarize, Jarrod Duke Johnston left his father and stepmother's home in Franklin, KY, with his grandmother to ride down to Yazoo County, MS, to visit with friends. His grandmother dropped him off at friend’s house on July 4, 2007, and after visiting with them for several days, the friend and his parents took Jarrod back to his grandmother's residence in rural Yazoo County. After a disagreement with his grandmother, Jarrod left on foot on July 7, 2007, and has not been seen or heard from since.

Snipped:

Anyone with information regarding the disappearance of Jarrod Johnston is encouraged to contact the Yazoo County Sheriff’s Office at 662-746-5611.
    http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07...arrod-johnston
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

I just watched this episode and was shocked to find there wasn't a thread for him! Thanks for starting one, NeverLetGo

Come home Jarrod!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    I just watched this episode and was shocked to find there wasn't a thread for him! Thanks for starting one, NeverLetGo

Come home Jarrod!
    No problem! I was shocked to see there wasn't one, too . . . such a strange case!

Those different times they thought they had found Jarrod and it turned out to not be him each time . . . heartbreaking. I thought it was so sad that his father had lost his sister to murder as well.

Does anyone have the feeling that Jarrod is still out there somewhere? Or do you feel like he met his demise shortly after he went missing nearly 6 years ago?

He doesn't appear to be on Charley Project either. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    He doesn't appear to be on Charley Project either. Strange
    I noticed that too, marycarney, when I was searching for articles on his case.

just finished watching this one. Disappeared is a fascinating show, some of these people really do disappear into thin air. I think there's a good chance he could still be alive, but it could be really difficult in finding him, if not impossible. Like they said, could be in a homeless shelter, hospital, jail, etc. If he is out there, he probably does have amnesia and with the bi polar disorder, it must be both profoundly sad and distressing, imagine walking around not knowing who you are. I think too, he may have committed suicide, but I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    just finished watching this one. Disappeared is a fascinating show, some of these people really do disappear into thin air. I think there's a good chance he could still be alive, but it could be really difficult in finding him, if not impossible. Like they said, could be in a homeless shelter, hospital, jail, etc. If he is out there, he probably does have amnesia and with the bi polar disorder, it must be both profoundly sad and distressing, imagine walking around not knowing who you are. I think too, he may have committed suicide, but I hope not.

this is just such a strange case the fact that no one saw him and the gf didnt even know he was in town that seems strange to me

does anyone know if they have done any searches? i dont remember hearing that on the show.... also getting more coverage of this case would help I live probably and hour to an hour and a half away from where he lived and have never heard of his case or seen a missing poster or anything i know he went missing from another city but still you would think it would still be locally talked about

I just watched his Disappeared episode.

My gut tells me he's still out there, probably living as a homeless person struggling with his mental health and drug addiction. He'd obviously been a very troubled young man the 2 years prior to his disappearance. It's possible he committed suicide as well, or has died in the years after he vanished.

His poor family, especially the Dad. My heart stopped for a second when they showed those pictures of "Samuel". He looked just like Jarrod except the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMountain View Post
    I just watched his Disappeared episode.

My gut tells me he's still out there, probably living as a homeless person struggling with his mental health and drug addiction. He'd obviously been a very troubled young man the 2 years prior to his disappearance. It's possible he committed suicide as well, or has died in the years after he vanished.

His poor family, especially the Dad. My heart stopped for a second when they showed those pictures of "Samuel". He looked just like Jarrod except the nose.
    I agree with you... thats what i was thinking also as far as the still being out there theory. I think if he had killed himself a body would have been discovered at some point... but who knows its so sad that there isnt more info to go on
    ~*you never know how much you miss a person until you actually have to miss them*~

I am thinking of Jarod

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast