FL FL - Moses Lall, 31, and Lila Bueratta, 36, Loxahatchee, 5 June 1994

neverletgo

Reaction score
clDPbRH.jpg
aOCsIfh.jpg

Lall was a breeder of exotic birds on a ranch in Loxahatchee, Florida in 1994. He worked with his aunt, Lilawattie (Lila) Buerattan, who was the birds' primary caregiver. Lall acted as the main businessperson. Their family in Guyana had an established business importing wild birds, but Lall and Buerattan began breeding the birds instead when the United States tightened laws regarding imports in 1993. Lall and Buerrattan were said to be private people who kept their business affairs to themselves.

A feed delivery person made a routine stop at their ranch on June 5, 1994. No one greeted the worker at the gate, which was unusual. He knew that Lall and Buerattan did not stock reserve feed for the birds, so the worker left the boxes at the gate. The feed was unclaimed when he returned the following day and he alerted authorities.

<snipped>

Charley Project: Bhagwaniala (Moses) Lall
Charley Project: Lilawattie (Lila) Buerattan

Snipped:

On June 7th, 1994, in Richland Hills, Georgia, a state trooper came across a man changing a tire. The license identified the stranded motorist as Moses Lall. But it was a lie. The real Moses Lall was an importer and breeder of exotic birds who owned a ranch 400 miles away in Florida. The man's real name was Hari Gobin, and he worked for Moses Lall.

If you asked ten people who Moses Hall was, you were likely to get ten different answers; reputable businessman, international smuggler, animal lover, business failure. Whoever he was, he is now missing.

Three days before Hari Gobin was seen in Georgia, a feed company delivery man named Daryl Crewe made a routine stop at Moses Lall's ranch in Florida. When no one came to meet him at the gate, Daryl hopped the fence.

The ranch was deserted. Hundreds of exotic birds had been left unattended, everything from yellow-headed Amazon parrots to rare, brilliantly colored Macaws. They were valued at $700,000.

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mis_lila_buerattan.htm

Snipped:

For days, hundreds of exotic birds were squawking, cackling and shrieking at a ranch in remote Palm Beach County. Their calls sounded desperate, as if the birds were trying to let someone know that something terrible had happened.

No one had fed the brilliantly colored caged animals in more than a week. A delivery of 40 sacks of sunflower seed and dried corn remained uncollected at the front gate. The smell, especially when the wind kicked up, was nauseating.

Friends and acquaintances of bird breeders Bhagwan "Moses" Lall and his aunt, Lila Buerattan, poked around outside the fenced five-acre ranch on Velasquez Road in Loxahatchee. They feared something was wrong and decided to call authorities.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1995-05-21/features/9505240230_1_bird-breeders-local-bird-exotic-birds

Snipped:

If everyone in your household should suddenly disappear, would anyone notice?

If they did notice, would they have the initiative or the authority to break into your house to rescue your birds from starvation?

In the case of Moses Lall, the well-known bird importer, the answer was no–at least not in time to save the lives of most of the approximately 1,000 birds whose cages lined the open field behind his rented house.

On June 15, l994, after the continued urging of several concerned parties, local authorities entered the property. The gruesome sight that they beheld was something that should appear only in ones’ worst nightmare.

http://www.voren.com/articles/the-loxahatchee-horror-could-it-happen-to-your-aviary/

This was a disturbing story. I remembered it from Unsolved Mysteries. I hope their murderer is found.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

:bump: for Moses and Lila, missing 19 years tomorrow. :(

Snipped:

A feed delivery person made a routine stop at their ranch on June 5, 1994. No one greeted the worker at the gate, which was unusual. He knew that Lall and Buerattan did not stock reserve feed for the birds, so the worker left the boxes at the gate. The feed was unclaimed when he returned the following day and he alerted authorities.

I just saw this on 'Disappeared'. The POI, Hari Gobin, had been living in New Jersey under the alias 'Roy Smith' and is also called 'Blackie". When FBI attempted to pick him up, they missed him by 4 minutes at his place of employment. They now believe that he is in the Philadelphia area. He is 5'7" and has gained a lot of weight and is believed to be ~ 190 lbs. The above info from the show.

Is there a more extensive thread on this anywhere?

I have always been fascinated by this case.,

Palm Beach County Florida Sheriff-what gives? FBI ever called in or asked for assist in Loxahatchee? These people and this crime just forgotten about? They may be still looking for Hari Gobin but, wow, in today's world you could easily have tracked him ala "Roy Smith". The handling and public reporting of the case of two missing, possibly murdered, people seems to be low or no priority in Florida!

Have they put fugitives currently running from the law in NAMUS before? Is that common? I'm guessing because they think he might be getting up their in age and might end up as a john doe somewhere?

Have they put fugitives currently running from the law in NAMUS before? Is that common? I'm guessing because they think he might be getting up their in age and might end up as a john doe somewhere?

I don't know how common it is, but I have seen POIs in the databases before. "Missing person is wanted for..."

After LE missed Gobin by four minutes, did he never come back to that job again? If so, is it because he caught wind he was being tracked? Did law enforcement wait for him to come back? You would think he would go back to pick up his last pay or something. Seems strange that they missed him by only four minutes and yet he’s still missing to this day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back